Lowest prices for your stay
$173
ZenHotels.com
$151
inke2016
Finland

Friendly staff and neat simple room

Review of Hotel Verona
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 17, 2017
We had a nice one-night stay in this hotel. We traveled with a 2,5 months old baby, and the staff had organized a baby bed in the room upon our request and we got a spacious room with a view over via Santa Maria Maggiore. The breakfast was very ok, typical Italian hotel breakfast. We were allowed to leave the baby stroller at the lobby during our stay and also the luggage could be left for couple hours on the day of check-out. Very friendly service indeed!
Trip type: Traveled with family
Room service
0.8 miles from Hotel Verona
Restaurant
View more hotels in Rome
All reviews pastries ham santa maria maggiore city break within walking distance train station air con short stay small fridge continental breakfast perfect location hop on hop off bus star hotel min walk a lovely stay trip to rome main attractions
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2017

Had a wonderful time . Hotel Verona, small but cozy. Would have been nice if tea or coffee making was provided in the rooms. Not very disabled person friendly, stairs to lift would be a problem. Hotel within walking distance of coliseum and lots of other places. Breakfast was ok, but unfortunately coffee from machine was not so good. Would stay there again next time I went to Rome.

Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

This place is ideal for being central. Plenty hot water. 24 hour reception. Small room with all you need including a fridge. Not much space. Shower apart from plenty hot water is very very small and shower curtain sticks to you. Bed comfy. Staff helpful and friendly. Fab location.
If you are like me and my husband walking and sightseeing all day - which you will be. This is all you need on a budget. Breakfast is toast cereal juice croissants coffee from machine (not the best) yoghurt. Def 3 star hotel but clean comfy and quiet.
Recommend

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Hotel Verona is situated in a great location in a trendy area of Rome, Monti, is full of restaurants, bars and shops, and is a 10 minute walk to the Colosseum and Roman Forums/Palatine. It is a 20 min walk from the Trevi Fountain, and 2.5 miles away from Vatican City, which is either a short journey via bus/taxi or a long steady walk of about an hour (took me 45 mins).

The hotel itself is what you would normally expect from a three star, the staff are friendly and always seem willing to help, my room was nice enough on the second floor, just a one-person room so it was small, but it had a fridge and safe, unfortunately no coffee making facilities so you will need to bring your own. The bathroom was nice, just the shower is quite small so if you are slightly larger or have any disabilities you may struggle, but it was no problem for me. The mattress was very hard and it was sometimes difficult to get comfortable on an evening, additionally, as you should expect in a capital city, it is very noisy outside, so expect to hear plenty of people and traffic late into the night.
The breakfast was slightly disappointing, it's a standard continental consisting of bread, cereals, pastries and tinned peaches, there are options of water, juice, coffee and tea as well but the coffee is really poor quality, definitely not what you want in Italy! The staff will provide ham, salami and eggs if you ask but there is no cooked breakfast option, (there are plenty of restaurants and places offering breakfast nearby).

The lift in the hotel stops in between floors so you will have to navigate stairs, so if you are suffering with a disability this may not be the hotel for you.

Overall it's quite a nice hotel with good staff and what you should expect for a three star, I would recommend it for 2-3 nights.

Room tip: Rooms at the back to avoid noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank H660PJaaronh
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Well situated to get anywhere in Rome, this small and friendly hotel really tries to make your stay memorable at a good price. It is close to the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. We booked directly with the hotel and it paid off by using getting rooms at the back of the hotel with balconies you could sit out on and have your morning coffee. However be aware you need to take your own kettle and cups as the hotel does not supply these. The rooms are small but very clean and have a safe, a fridge and free wifi.

Next door to the hotel is a little convenience shop for water, fruit and drinks etc. Next door to that is an excellent and friendly Pizzeria The Golden Apple. The Mela d'Oro.

The Hotel Verona staff are universally friendly and helpful. However it is only a 3 star hotel and some things about it present problems. The lift stops between floors so whichever floor you are you have to use the stairs to your room, so those with mobility problems might struggle. The showers are small and a bit rickety, but being small I had no problem. However larger people or those with disabilities could struggle.
Breakfast was OK if you can eat gluten, which I cannot, but I got fruit from next door and the hotel provided natural yogurt so I managed. Other have mentioned the coffee so I took my own instant to breakfast and got hot water from the machine
I found the beds a bit hard, but my husband fell straight to sleep every night and the linen was changed frequently and was sparkling clean.
For the excellent price for the rooms we had, I feel we got good value and would return again.

Room tip: rooms at the back of the hotel were very quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank quasargal
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

As the shuttle from the airport pulled up outside I though what have we booked. Pretty dirty exterior, flags that have seen better days & all the window shutters closed. Reception is dated but the friendly face & cheery disposition of Alex on reception brightened things up. A strange thing to start with was the lift starts between the ground & first floors so stopped between floors all the way up which is a bit bizarre. I wouldn't recommend it for people with mobility issues. Once in our room it was very dark due to the shutters & wasn't much brighter once opened. The bed & furniture looked pretty old with a decent sized tv showing just news channels for the English speaking. I always look at a TV in a room as an extra as I don't go away to watch TV. The bed was surprisingly comfortable & once I got to sleep I was well asleep. I say once asleep as I'm more of a night owl than an early riser so I'll worn you that if you're on the front of the hotel & you're a light sleeper then roughly around midnight the restaurant in the street starts emptying bottles into a bin outside the front closely followed by the bin men/ trash men who make one hell of a noise emptying it. This happens every night give or take 20 minutes & the first night I thought it was a car crash. The other bits to note for light sleepers is that as the hotel is 20 feet from a main road between the train/bus station & the city you will hear loud motorbikes & ambulances with the siren on no matter what time of night so be warned. This is still noisy with the window shut.
There is a free safe in the room which is pretty small but does the job. In our room 204 it looked like a recently shower room which was very nice. The cleaner did a good job in keeping things in order. Breakfast wasn't the best with the usual European cardboard Cornflake plus Rice Crispies, Muesli & some little ball things. White & brown bread were on offer which you could toast. Now one thing that drives me mad is holiday toasters... this one had an element missing & another not working so you had to put the bread through 3 times.. this has been the same on holiday for years so any toaster makers out there do us all a favour & make a toaster that does it in one pass... Tea, coffee, water & fruit juices were all self service plus ham, cheese & eggs were available at a little counter. Breakfast is served in a covered courtyard which is nice & bright.
The hotel itself is located 10 minutes from the bus/train station, 15 from the Colloseum & forum. There are plenty of shops & restaurants about & with the station being up the road I'd recommend getting the hop on off buses up there.
A lady on reception booked us the tour of the Vatican & a shuttle bus back to the airport. All the staff were nice, friendly & helpful.
Despite it's odd little quirky bits & the midnight bottle bashing I'd go back if I went to Rome. I'd also recommend the restaurant on the street too.
We did 3 days in Rome & 1 in Florence by train there & back in a day covering 21 miles by foot so if you do likewise you'll look forward to putting your feet up at Hotel Verona.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple