“Clean and convenient with a nice courtyard for breakfasts!”
Review of Hotel Verona

Hotel Verona
Ranked #297 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Small hotel, but very well kept. European shower, so some may not like the size of the bathroom, but about 5x5 ft of space, so not cramped. Quiet AC unit which worked well. Loved the quiet courtyard with palm trees and a fountain where we breakfasted every morning. Right off the via Cavour by S.M.Maggiore, the hotel is about halfway between Termini and the Colleseum, and there is a subway stop nearby. There is a great little restaurant and a FANTASTIC gelateria only a half block away. The neighborhood is safe. Free WiFi up to 50 mb. Wall safe, small fridge. Coffee was from a machine, but breakfast was pleasant with pastries, fruit, etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here the first week July. Location is near the Termini which was convenient to other cities in Italy. Room was as expected, sleep 4 (room 409). Rooms are european style (meaning Small), but we expected this. The Room had working air conditioning which is great during the hot summer. Breakfast was very nice. And the Staff was excellent. There is a restuarant on Calour just down the street and across that was recommended and was our best meal in Rome. 20 Minute walk to the Trevi Fountain and other main sites. 10 Minutes to the Collesium. Took a Taxi to the Vatican. Enjoy. Ciao.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights at the Hotel Verona with my husband on our first trip to Rome. Hotel was clean and the staff very helpful. Our room was small but the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. Breakfast was plentiful, although no fresh fruit or vegetables but great crousants! The hotel has a pretty outdoor courtyard to eat
in. We could walk to most sites and we did walk a lot! Highly recommend it for the price and convenience. I would stay there again if I get to go back to Rome.

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Hotel Verona is a quaint little hotel with typical European rooms - which means small but comfortable. But, the location is excellent - a short walk to the Termini Station, Coliseum, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, etc. (Please note, other reviewers may say it is not a short walk, but my husband and I walked to most of the major tourist sites in 10 - 15 minutes.) There are lots of little restaurants and shops around, and the beautiful Santa Maria Maggiore is right up the street. The hotel does have a limited bar service (order your drinks at the front desk), and a lovely little veranda to enjoy your wine or beer. They serve a typical European breakfast (toast, croissants, yoghurt, coffee, tea, juice, etc), but other than that, there is no food service. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very clean. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erica S
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I can't say enough about this hotel. I had never been to Italy before so I had a hard time figuring out which hotel would be best. I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else! The location was perfect! So close to the Termini and a 8-10 min walk from the Colosseum. The room was so clean! And wonderful! The bathroom was large and beautifully updated! The staff... ohhh how we loved the staff! Marco helped us with everything! Our Italian, directions, the busses. On a side note... there is a small pizza place when you come out of the hotel just up a few steps on the right. It was amazing! An older man runs the place and he is so kind! Great fresh pizza for such a good deal! Also If you walk to your right out of the front doors up to the top of the hill and take another right and another right (takes about a minute to get there) There is a drinking fountain that we would fill our bottles with each time we set out for the day! You will love the place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jojo13king
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The location is pretty good - it is in walking distance of the train station and the main tourist sites - a good walk mind, not a short walk - similar to a lot of places in the Rome.
The hotel itself is good. Our room was on the first floor and faced the street so I was expecting a lot of noise, but once the shutters were closed it was surprisingly quiet. The area is nice and it has a couple of decent restaurants beside it - we ate around there on 2 evenings.
The breakfast was basic but better but better than some I've had. You can have it out in the courtyard too which is great on a sunny morning.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012

If you don’t mind small rooms and you don’t want to spend fortune for a hotel accommodation, I believe this hotel is for you.

It is on a walking distance to Roman attractions from Coloseum to as far as piazza Navona. We had a quad room for 3 days on 4th floor and it was ok. It was clean, it had air-condition, a window that can be opened and an empty, but working refrigerator. It was a bit small, but if you consider the great city of Rome, fairly priced.
Breakfast was sweets only and coffee from the vending machine, but you can order salami, cheese and hard boiled eggs. You can also order espresso and it is very good.
They have free internet service at the hotel – 50 Mb per day. I can tell you that it goes for every wi-fi device you have. They had some problems with the service at the time, but I suppose that shouldn’t be concern of yours. In our room, I got the signal only with my laptop. Ipad and telephones have weaker antennas.

I will return, since three day is not enough for Rome, but I’m not sure if I will stay in hotel Verona.

Room Tip: Room 08 and 09 on each floor are quieter but you get weak WiFi signal.