Lowest prices for your stay
$57
Free cancellation until 12/18/21
Hotels.com$55
Priceline$61
eDreams$57
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a little less than a week with a deal through Gate1 travel.

This is a small business/family owned Establishment. My husband and I prefer this over chains. This place is perfect for someone who wants access to a different side of the city and doesn't mind walking, taxi, or taking public transportation to tourist spots. Also, there are a lot of great restaurants right down the street. I recommend 320 Gradi.

The room was perfect for what we wanted. We stayed in room 202. There is a closet with enough room for storage, a desk, two small nightstands, and a fridge. I got ready in front of the mirror on the closet and my husband used the bathroom. The size of the bathroom was an acceptable size. In this particular room the format was in a long hallway type of floorplan. So the sink was right when you walked in, then the toilet, and then the shower was at the end. The balcony made the room. It made the room feel larger and it had a table and chairs all to yourself. My favorite part of the room.

The room is cleaned every day and fresh towels are given each day. The sheets were not changed every day. I'm sure they would have done it if we asked.

We had breakfast only once here. I think it is a nice touch as it is complimentary with the room. There is someone who waits in you and takes your drink order. You can also order Expresso instead of coffee.

The wifi worked well. Also there is shopping nearby if you look. Look up a store called Coin and it will lead you to it.

Great value for the money.

The only criticism I can give that they could improve on is that there is no food allowed in the room. We would have happily paid a deposit to be able to have a bottle of wine or get some take out and eat it on our picturesque balcony.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank 211tmotie
Reviewed March 5, 2019

The hotel is unassuming but pleasant, it does not pretend to be something it isn’t, the staff are all helpful and answered all our queries. Our room was clean although noisy as the location appeared to be on the main route for ambulances. However, we slept well every night.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed March 2, 2019

We had reservations for a family of four. 2 adults and 2 children. I requested adjoining rooms for better access you our 7 year old twins. Upon our arrival when I provided our family name, staff immediately stated that they were expecting us as they had reserved a newly renovated apartment for us. Beautifully renovated in marble, balcony, kitchenette with a washer. Pretty big space for European standards. The only down size, small bathroom, very small and uncomfortable shower, pretty confined. Breakfast is continental, but enough to get the day started. The dining room and terrace are beautiful as the main lobby with its original floors. Everyone in the staff was helpful and friendly, going out of their way to assist their guests. We were surprised on the easy access to Manzoni Metro Station. We also had a lovely morning walk from the hotel to the Colosseum with the kids, easy straight shot and about 15 mins. If it weren't for the bathroom, I would have rated it a 5 stars.

2  Thank Mirta L
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

I will start out by saying that it takes a lot for me to do a review- or a bad one anyway.

The staff at this establishment are very sweet people - extremely helpful. They are literally the only good thing about it. Simone is so, so sweet.

This hotel has the hardest beds I have every slept on in my life. Our backs hurt the entire trip because of it.

The walls of this hotel are PAPER thin. You can heat everyone in the next room talking, and all the maids cleaning the room next door way earlier than you are wanting to wake up.

There was banging, drilling, and hammering starting as early as 7:30am every day. As Americans, it sucked having jet lag and trying to sleep with all of the noise.

So. Much. Trash. - but that’s anywhere in Rome.

If you’re looking for a quiet place to stay where you can rest and get a good nights sleep, this is not it.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank coachmekristina
Carlo P, Direttore at Hotel Donatello, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Thank you Signora Kristina, we are sorry and surprised to learn such as bad comments.
The room you occupied is a new renovated and beds are hotels fireproof, same in all other hotel rooms.
So far no other guest complained for beds, matrasses or noises.
In order to upgrade your accomodation we have assigned a room with balcony, 4th floor overlooking the patio
garden.
I am surprised that during the whole stay you did not find the time to report your comments to me but you have found it after your departure..... not giving me the opportunity to be able to improve your stay.
Kind regards.
Carlo Prete

Reviewed February 25, 2019

When we arrived I noticed the graffiti covered outside walls and trash waiting for pickup - not a good start. However upon entering the small reception area, we were greeted by two very competent greeters at reception. The area was quite crowded yet they processed all of us to our rooms speedily. This is a budget class hotels so I didn't expect much. The room was small but clean with a TV with all italian stations and telephone. The bathroom had a small shower. Anyone with height or girth would have trouble getting in it. The breakfast buffet was minimal but included with the room. The desk receptionist could not be more helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations, and taxis. It was about a mile walk to the Coloseum, very handy. All in all being a budget hotel it was more than adequate.

Room tip: For a quiet sleep ask for a room in the back.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple