1,328 results
All reviews shuttle service eur fermi metro station shuttle bus hotel guests lobby area visiting rome breakfast buffet is conference ciampino vatican
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I booked a room at this hotel for one night when I had an 18 hour layover at FCO. I booked the hotel based on its distance from the airport and the fact that it offered an airport shuttle service.

However, when I arrived at FCO I could not find a taxi willing to take me to it, since it is "in the suburbs". I ended up having to hire a car service and pay 60 Euros for a 15 minute drive, to get there. When I checked in I asked about the shuttle service back in the morning, and was told that the first shuttle wasn't until 11am, so I again had to plan to take a taxi for a 40 Euro fee. So my inexpensive room became VERY expensive after adding in all the taxi fees. Beware!

The hotel itself is very clean, modern and comfortable. The staff are very accommodating. I ate dinner in the dining room and it was delicious.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank BarryGfromLA
gmdirezione, General Manager at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Dear guest, thank you for to have appreciated our Hotel, I'm sorry if our free shuttle bus timetable hasn't satisfied your expectation, I assure all my effort to focalize my attention on this aspect and improve this service. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights and chose the hotel as it was a 4 star and very reasonably priced. It is isolated but the run. Shuttle to the closest underground station reasonable frequently and also a shuttle from the airport but not that frequently. The staff were great, although the front desk is often overworked and more staff is needed when big groups book in. The restaurant is reasonable with a simple but reasonable variety (no close alternatives) and the ex cerci se room and pool are very nice - although a sign says the pool is not for swimming???
Overall I was very satisfied with this hotel and recommend it if you don't need to be close to the centre of Rome.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear guest, thank you for to have appreciated our Hotel, the satisfaction of our guests is for us the best acknowledgment for our working, I assure all my effort to continue improve our quality and standards in the future, I hope you come back soon in our Mercure Hotel . Thanks again for your suggestions.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

The location is not fancy but this hotel is a great choice if you are in Rome for business. Outside the city center, in a mid-level residential neighborhood, it allows to travel from/to the airport without being bogged down by the heinous Roman traffic!
The lobby is nice and bright, my room was quite and the bed was comfortable. Good breakfast and good value for money.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
gmdirezione, General Manager at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2016

Dear guest, Thank you for having enjoyed our hotel and our services, I hope you have appreciated our free shuttle service to the Metro. Your compliments help us to continue to improve in the future for even deserve your trust. Thank you

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Very friendly and accommodating. Stayed for two nights, parking and breakfast included. The breakfast was buffet style and had a wonderful choice of food to choose from. The room was very modern and very comfortable with all the amenities. A snack machine could be found just outside the elevator on every floor that included water and other beverages in case you need something. Free wifi. We took public transportation to and from downtown Rome and Vatican City. 45 min.

Room tip: Ask for your preference once on site.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
gmdirezione, General Manager at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2016

Dear guest thank you very much for to have appreciated our hotel and services, our effort will be continue to improve our services. I hope have you again our guest in the future. Thank you for your sharing.

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel to stay. Finding rooms is a little complicated. But the reception has a nice staff to help you so don't forget to ask them when you checkin. The lobby bar is very comfortable and the barman was very kind very friendly. Lots of groups arrive here. We had free WiFi organised for us but it's not really free except in the lobby. The room size is comfortable but i had a very small window. The bed infact was just about comfortable but there was only one pillow and had to ask for another which was immediately provided. At the service level the staff responded very well. The bath room was very comfortable. No body was present in the amenities. The location of the hotel is in a quiet residential area outside the city centre just 15 minutes ride by taxi from the Colloseum. The airport Fumicino also is 15 minutes ride away. Near the hotel there is a tabachi shop cafe and bar so things were convenient. All in all i had a good stay. At breakfast the service was lacking though and i feel the hotel needs to spruce up this area of service.

Trip type: Traveled on business
gmdirezione, General Manager at Mercure Roma West, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2016

Dear Guest, thank you very much, for to have appreciated our Hotel, the staff and the services. I assure all my effort to continue at improve the attention about the standards and hotel product. Thanks again for your comments and suggestions. I hope to have you again our guest in next stay in Rome. Thanks