“Great Hotel”
Review of Hotel Zone

Hotel Zone
Ranked #501 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, from the moment I arrived the service was excellent. The receptionist was there to help with transport, where to buy tickets and local restaurants. The free shuttle too and from the city center is a great idea (don't forget to book your seat) as the hotel is not right in the city center. The interaction I had with the staff during my stay was very polite, and very helpful. The room was very clean and during my stay cleaned well. All in all a very pleasant stay at a great price, I would definitely use this hotel again and recommend it to colleagues staying in Rome

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Zone

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked through a travel agent, and were happy with the value for money. Hotel staff, reception, room cleaning was extremely good, the restaurant was poor. After first experience we preferred to eat outside. Rooms, bath etc. were clean. Is situated very close to underground therefore easy to reach.
Nice walk in the night to the collosseum! Markets close to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ramachandra A
GroupeValadier, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Zone, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy to hear from you that your stay was nice and that you enjoyied the service and the room at the Hotel Zone.
We are very sorry you didn't like the restaurant but thank you for letting us notice this issue.

Hoping to see you again.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked this hotel to be close to a conference site and when we arrived, from the outside, all seemed clean and reasonable.

As we were planning on finishing our work for the conference having a working internet connection was essential. We were told that it was "temporarily" down and would be back up shortly. For the four days that we were there it didn't come back on. The food was expensive and awful and the coffee undrinkable !!!!! Guests are reliant on restaurant service because there are no local places to eat. The staff was rude and unfriendly.

The day before we left there was no water -- apparently a water pipe broke!

I would definitely never stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank susan j

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
we are very sorry to know that you had a not enjoyable stay in our hotel
Our restaurant in modern design, has always stood for the quality of food and for the friendliness and hospitality of our staff, as revealed in many of the reviews published on trip advisor. I'm sorry to know that didn’t happened to you . I will verify personally in order that does not happen in the future.
Wi-fi service is free for our guests and active in all areas of the hotel, in the period mentioned by you we had problems not caused by our will but now definitively resolved.
The comments of our guest are important for us to continue improve our services
Thanking you again for your review, we hope to be able to accommodate in the future giving us the opportunity to offer you an experience in line with your expectations.

Guest relations

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I really enjoyed our stay here. We had booked through a third party, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. From the moment we walked in the service was excellent. The gentleman on the desk arranged for us to check in as soon as the room was ready (we had arrived on an early flight), and answered all my questions regarding transport, where to buy tickets, and so on. He gave us maps of Rome and explained the transport options available, including the free shuttle to and from the city centre. To be clear, the hotel is not right in the city centre...so if you expect to walk out the door and be across the street from the Colosseum, you will be disappointed. However, it isn't too far out...from the Trevi Fountain out of peak hour it is about a 20 Euro cab ride; otherwise, the metro and train system is easy to work out (even if you don't speak Italian!), and all you have to do is get the Metro on the A line then get a connecting train 2 stops. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the train station. They also have a free shuttle that leaves at intervals throughout the morning for the city centre; you have to book it the day prior, so be sure to do that if you want to be guaranteed a seat. We didn't use the shuttle coming back, but again it is on a first-come, first-served basis. The staff I encountered during my stay were very polite, and very helpful, often going out of their way to do little things that made our stay easier. The room was very clean (and air-conditioned...a must in the summer here!). We were happy with the breakfast, it has all the standard requirements (eggs, toast, cereal, yoghurt, juice) and also with the other facilities we made us of during our short stay (bar & gym). An added benefit of being out of the city centre was that the hotel was quite quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was fairly quiet...apart from other guests slamming their doors!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Belinda C

Dea Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us leaving a review.

We are glad to hear that you left Rome with good memories and that our service and staff exceed your expectations.

We would love to see you again very soon

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I really liked this hotel . Its true to say it is a way out of the city but with the use of the free transfer service its no problem. It has plenty of parking a nice restaurant serving good food at reasonable prices a fabulous gym which was almost always empty. a couple of nice patio areas and a small bar which was enough to keep us happy.
The staff were outstanding in their willingness to help which was a real joy.
On the down sides. The hotel is not in a picturesque area and when you drive up the road to it you may think "what the heck ! Don't try and catch the last transfer back from the town to the hotel as it may be full but saying that a taxi back from the town is only about 25 euro.
Finally it would be nice if the hotel bar had more beers on tap .
Take my word for it you will be happy here. and if you can upgrade to one of the four rooms on the top floor with their own patio area on the roof you may never want to leave.

Room Tip: go for the upgrade room on the roof . I wish we had but we had a nice room anyway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review.

We are very happy that you found the Hotel Zone comfortable and enjoyable. We are glad you liked the room and the staff. We would really like to thank you for your suggestion to have a wider selection of tap beers.

Hoping to see you soon again

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I stepped I though it looks lovely and was pleased with the choice. I then got a room on the ground floor near reception. Worst room ever. The walls are thin and you can here the reception phone ringing and everything happening at the restaurant. I requested a room change which happened and i thought finally a good nights sleep. I then get a call at 12:05 at night informing me my credit card doesnt work. Firstly I was shocked as I thought it might be a family emergency when the phone rang at that hour and then wondered why they couldnt just inform me at check out or even at breakfast? Unacceptable wouldnt reccommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hello,
I have never written a review before and to be honest this will only be brief.
The Zone hotel as a hotel is perfectly adequate but the rooms are tiny, service is terrible, food from the restaurant is inedible, it is noisy cramped and the staff attitude borders on the rude without actually being so.
The hotel is however clean and if you don't mind walking long distances does the job. The shuttle service is pretty much useless as it doesn't drop you off near anywhere useful and is very limited in its drop off and pickup times.
We where also stung for six euros per night tax that wasn't made aware to us before or during the holiday, having googled this I can see that it has been in place a few years but I would still have liked to have been informed. I fail to see how anyone could recommend this hotel as many have done before me, I have to admit that I chose to stay at the Zone based on these reviews but next time I will read them far more cautiously.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple