“All in all very good”
Review of Igea Hotel

Igea Hotel
Ranked #854 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I was travelling alone to Italy to meet up with family. Coming from Canada I was looking for a place to crash for two nights to rest up and tour a but also be close to train station. Igea was a good price and conveniently located.

Turned out time be a good choice. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, spartan, but efficient. Bed comfortable, full bathroom, free WiFi, TV, desk, and breakfast....okay coffee and a bun...typical in France and Italy. A previous comment about size of showers rang true. I had to step out of the showers to change my mind or to turn around. I am not a small man but these were made for very tiny people!!

Overall, I recommend it.

Sidenote: Restaurant Alfredo across the street was good decently priced food.

1  Thank Dean S

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Hi everyone, first of all I have never been so embarrassed by a hotel service in my life before. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. I had a friend who was stranded and did not know how to get back to his hotel with out the transport system. Knowing how big Rome is I suggested my friend to stay with me. When we got to my hotel the receptionist at 4.20am on the 11/09/12 mentioned to me I cannot have a friend to stay with me at this time of te night. Shocked by what he mentiOned to me I told him I will pay extra to allow my friend to stay with me as it is dangerous for any of us tourist to sleep on the streets. The receptionist mentioned that he knows lots of tourist sleeping in the train station?! How can any hotel receptionist suggest anyone to sleep on the streets?! He mentioned to me my option was to get another hotel and leave! Extreamly embrassed and i did not know what to do I took my friend to
A different hotel to allow her to sleep in a different hotel by herself. I am glad there is a few hotel near by. It's not worth the money it's not worth the hassle and please thInk of your safety or anyone else's in this regard as they do not care about you. All over the hotel it mentioned that they are not responsible of anything that happenes in the hotel. I hope this makes sense as I am writting this in extream anger! Also I booked this hotel from booking.com I have also made a complaine to them and the person on the phone was extreamly shocked by the behavior of this hotel. You book this hotel you do it at your own risk!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank akp883
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked a single room for myself for 5 nights.
The checkin process was simple and I had a nice room on the 5th floor facing the rear of the building.
The bed was bigger than the expected single which was nice.
Overall the room was pretty clean except for some dust on the floors and some cobwebs on the ceiling corners. Bed was wasn't the softest but ok, but pillows hard as rocks. Shower was extremely small so if you are at all overweight or enjoy shaving your legs, it will be a challenge.
I did not like that there was no safe in the room. You had the option of leaving stuff with the front desk but I didn't no it. You also have to turn in your key when you leave. I had no issues, but I wasn't particularly comfortable with it.
The breakfast was ok. Fresh cappuccino or whatever hot beverage you like brought you you is nice. Options of pastry or bun with jam or spreadable cheese, OJ and crackers/cookies.
The hotel was nice enough to print off whatever documents I needed.
Not extremely helpful with suggestions on food or tours but I think it was mostly a language barrier.
The area during the day is fairly convenient, close to Termini and the bus stops for the hop on-hop off tours. At night its a different story. Prostitutes and lurkers line the streets a block up. Lots of homeless and sketchy people everywhere. As a single woman alone, I did not enjoy it. I was not wandering about much but the times I was coming back or ran out to get food, it wasn't enjoyable. I never felt threatened, but just be careful. Even the hotel shuts off all lights and chains the door shut after 1am. They will be there to let you in but clearly its not the best area but it never really interfered much.
I know it sounds like there was a lot to complain about but really, there wasn't. It was good value for what I got and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Asked for quiet room, was given 501, room not facing the street. Quiet except for cleaning staff in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Marissa B
Reviewed May 18, 2012

After exciting journey nice to relax,so near centrum and Termini station,not noisy place.Sure,without luxus,but conditions were normal,staff very polite and helpfull,breakfast good.You can continue your trip without nervous counting the time you need to rich station or airport.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2012

the rooms are still the same , the elevators will stop between the floors

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank luigi g
Reviewed May 2, 2012

It was a nice hotel located in the convinient place. The places of interest are easily reachable both by metro and on foot. The desk staff were all very helpful and able to answer or make suggestions to every question we asked and as it was our first visit to Rome this was very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Although this is situated close to the termini, I believe we could have found another great location and better deal all the way around had we looked more throughly. The bathroom is awful, mildew and falling apart.
We came back to the room after a long days journey in a hot and muggy rome to find that the hot water heater was broken and we could not shower. We were given no compensation for this.
When I went down to inquire about it the staff member blew it off as if it was no concern. I asked it they had bottled water for guest. He replied that they had both flat and gas available for the guest in such an overly generous way I thought that the water was complimentary...it was not! They did take it off the bill though.
Worst for last:
The beds are so old that we were sinking in the middle. They pushed two singles together for our 4 night stay which was a nightmare...I am a creature of habit with certain things and falling asleep with the heavy arm of my handsome beloved over me is an absolute must...we could not get comfortable at all!!!!The beds sagged at different areas and even when we did try our best to snuggle, the beds moved apart.
The staff was nice, but not enough to way out the other conditions.
The wi-fi was free but someone was always on the house computer and we didn't cart ours on our trip.
The breakfast was the same everyday. Although I have an understanding that breakfast is not a big meal for Italians, I also have an understanding that it could have been vast improved. The rolls were stale, the packaged cookies and wafers low quality, the coffee the worst you could possibly imagine (and I have had incredible Italian coffee), boxed corn flakes and warm milk galore...a total carb/sugar breakfast guaranteed to have your blood sugar crashing, head ache pounding, dehydrated start to your journey in history thick Rome where you just might have wanted to start out nourished, well slept, and comfortably bathed.
I did actually take photos of the mold in the bathroom, but I can't get them to load up and we decided I should just go ahead and get our reviews posted.

Room Tip: look into other places to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple