Hotel Pantheon Rome
$178
$165
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewsperfect locationdiamond suiteliterally stepswithin walking distancearound the cornerspanish stepsstay there againbreakfast roomcharming hotelstreet noiserestaurants and shopsside streetmajor sightsbooked this hotelnice roomfour nightssmall hotel
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

A little gem in the centre of Rome. Beside the Pantheon and within walking distance of all the major attractions. Decor between tired and quaint! Lots of good reasonable eateries in the surrounding streets. Very helpful, concerned and engaging staff who go out of their way to assist visitors - without a doubt the hotels best asset.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel based solely on the Trip Advisor reviews and I was a bit disappointed. The location is great as everyone said but the room was bad. The bed felt like I was sleeping on wood and was the hardest I've ever encountered in a hotel. The hotel was loud and I'm not talking about from the street. There was a constant beating/tapping noise on a early weekend morning and I wasn't sure if it was construction or pipes banging. The hotel is old and really needs updating. The staff was very polite, helpful and friendly. The hotel simply left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank merdice
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from September 8th- 11th (3 nights) for our Honeymoon. Unfortunately, during our stay, there was construction going on the entire time (both in the hallways to replace door frames as well as outside our restroom in the elevator area). We were awoken to sounds of construction as well as having to walk over people working to get out of our room. We were never informed of the construction before our stay.

Upon checking out, I asked if we could have a small refund due the noise. The desk man was incredibly rude and said they only did construction during the day and that the noise was something we should have to deal with! I guess he felt we didn't need to rest during the day! I told him that I thought it was not acceptable and said I would be writing a negative review. His reply was that I could do so and he didn't seem to care one bit! For 290 Euro a night, I thought this was not great service.
The location of the hotel is great but I think, due to the location, they don't feel they have to try very hard to please their guests.
Our next stop was the Hotel Continental in Sorrento where the service was top notch! The Hotel Pantheon could stand to learn from the staff there!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Hamsi9
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Close to many premium sites and cost is reasonable. Clean, very personable staff, overall excellent. Quirky entrance, OK breakfasts, some street noise. On balance, not upscale, but a very good value. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brookssi
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Pantheon during the 4 days we were in Rome in September. A family member of mine had reccomended this hotel to us, as we were orginally planning to stay in a cheaper hotel close to Termini Station. I am so glad we bit the bullet and paid for this hotel instead, because the close proximity to all of Rome's major attratctions was priceless. We were able, in 3 days, to see all of the main points of the city by walking! We even walked to the Vatican, which only took about 20-30 minutes. Taxis are extremely expensive in Rome (the cheapest one we took cost 18 euro to drive 1.5 miles), so being able to walk everywhere is crucial. The hotel room was very clean, and we did not have any issue with noise as we had a room that did not overlook a busy street. The people working the front desk were wonderful, and provided us a map and specific directions about how to get to many of the sights from the hotel. I highly reccomend staying here. It is a bit more expensive than some of the options further from the center of Rome, but in my opinion, worth every penny!

Room Tip: Room number 201 is quite spacious and the window opens up to a nearby restaurant patio that is not in use. It was quiet in this room, and very dark for wonderful, much needed sleep after walking all day long in Rome!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple