We arrived in Rome with high expectations after reading the great reviews on here but things didnt work out that way! I had email correspondence with the hotel prior to our stay to organize a taxi transfer from the airport to the hotel which I was assured was all arranged. When we arrived at the airport we waited for an hour and no taxi showed up for us!!! We ended up having to find an alternative means of getting to the apartments which as you can imagine was very stressful arriving in a country we had never been to before having expected everything to run smoothly. We arrived eventually and headed to reception where we confronted staff about our no show taxi. They hotel was not very sympathetic and simply said it had been their mistake and that they had forgotten this arrangement. We were then shown to our apartment which was on the ground floor. It was very clean, had everything we needed. However it was extremely noisy, both to the front and back where there was a busy road and railway line...literally 10-20 feet away?! The bedding I also found uncomfortable, the blanket was rough and itchy and didn't smell great.
Not all bad though...The breakfast was good and you can eat as much as you need. The location isfantastic just a short walk to the Vatican. Gennaro was very helpful (he helps with the breakfast and gave us a taxi ride back to the airport which was appreciated after the disaster with the arrival. He's a bit cheaper too)
The hotel has a nice rooftop to sit up in which we did on our last day. We liked staying in an apartment where we could make food rather than eat out every day so this was a good point for the hotel.
Overall we would not stay here if we ever returned, the location was just too noisy and leaving us stranded really got our holiday off to a stressful start. Unacceptable for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aurelia Residence San Pietro can be your home in Rome, with its 25 apartments with three different sizes is the ideal place for families but also for couples who like to have space, either for leisure and for business. In not more than 8 minutes walking you will be in Saint Peter's Basilica and Square, one of the most important attractions of the Eternal City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aurelia Residence San Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurelia Residence San Pietro Hotel Rome
- Aurelia Residence San Pietro Rome