“Don't sit down” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bar Brasile

Bar Brasile
Ranked #9,730 of 12,045 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
“Don't sit down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have approached booth with icecream scoops and wanted to order just 3 scoops for 3€. Then a question was asked that caught us off guard if we want it in waffel or a glass cup. Even though we wanted to initially have a take away we thought there's no difference so my wife chose a cup. I also ordered a granita and wanted to pay immediately but they told us to sit down. After we're done a scribbled bill arrives showing 15,50€ instead of expected circa 7€. We started talking to initial waiter at the scoop booth telling him it's not fair, then he showed us an icecream dessert which they served us for 8€ (which was just with additional tiny bit whipped cream). Then another lady joined us explaining in italian only that they have different prices for take aways and stuff served on table. No one showed us that menu and the one on the wall is quite hidden. She was quite rude and threatened us with police. Then another waiter joined yelling at us and approached me for face to face confrontation like if he was to punch me. In the end we agreed to pay 12,50€ and left displeased with feeling of being cheated. Unfortunately this bar will always fare well do to excellent location and crowds of unexpecting tourists.

• Visited June 2013

• Slovak first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go there! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Most crappy place I've been for only 2 minutes! Waiter will not help you, because we were only with the 2 of us. A group of people was immediately helped.

1 Thank Jurjen B
Birmingham, England
“What a place to 'people watch'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can't really think of that many 'positives' for this place - apart from the fact that it must be one of the best vantage points in Rome just to sit with a beer and people watch! The 'front of house' waiter/boss/I'll do it all! chap is a revelation - we were there the last time 2 years prior to this visit - he remembered us (and what we drank!)

We have snacked there in the past, but it can be a little expensive. The floor show though must come from the Policemen (and women) risking life and limb directing the manic traffic whistling through PIazza Venezia.

Wee will return!

• Visited September 2012
Stuttgart, Germany
“Tourist scam, dont sit down!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

One day we went there and bought a scoop in a cone for take-away. That day the bar was already very full, i.e. no place to sit-down so we I think we didn't even got asked if we would like to sit down. So, we payed 2€ and left rather happily. Some days later we decided to get a gelato there again. This time we got asked the scam question: Sit-down? And since we had no clue at all about this and got caught off-guard. I wanted to pay my 2€ but the man in charge of the ice cream didnt want to take the money and told us to sit down. I felt a bit weird, but I did not get it! Only when we ate the ice, another waiter came (he was very unfriendly) and showed us a paper with a scribble that we coudlnt even decipher. After we asked him, he told us it was 8€. When questioned his english got very bad suddenly and he got very unfriendly, jabbering "8€ Prego, prego..." all the time. We gave him the money and left.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Sam Z
Rouen, Haute-Normandie, France
“Don't go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

It was unnecessarily expensive. A cappuccino for 4,5 euros and it is expensive for general prices in Rome. And the service was bad. Waitress was very rude. He didn't look or smile and he didn't bring my change back. He took it as "tip" even I didn't give. So I asked for it. Even thought it was only 50 cent.

• Visited November 2012