Hotel Royal Court
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
YMCA(Rome)
View Hotel
All reviewstermini stationthe main hotelsmall courtyardlovely hotelbooked this hotelstandard roomtransport linksaround the cornerleonardo expressfew minutes walkthe main tourist attractionspastriesciampino airportcity breakstayed here for nightsmini bartea and coffee
Reviewed June 9, 2014

i stayed for two nights. the room was big and clean. it is five to seven min walking distance from termini which is perfect because if its too close from termini it was loud.. if u want somewhere close from termini and quite royal court hotel is perfect for you!what i really loved about this hotel is beautiful small garden that makes me feel like i am really in Rome!! breakfast was also good and service was fantastic !! i really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed one night in the Royal Court on our way back to Ireland. It was very convenient in terms of proximity to Termini Station. Just a short walk! It was very nice not to have to take a cab after a long day of travel. We had two rooms and both were quite nice and clean. Beds were very comfortable. The highlight was Dimitri, the gentleman who worked the front desk. He was very welcoming and helpful! A wealth of info about where to go and what to see - and where to eat! He recommended an Italian place called Mamma Angela's, also a short walk away, that was wonderful! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I booked two rooms for one night through Hotwire for this hotel. We dragged our luggage from the train station in the heat to the hotel. We were then told to wait in another area while the group in front of us registered. When we were finally called to register we were told they could not accommodate our reservation. Although they had my e-mail address and telephone number they had made no attempt to contact me. We were moved to another hotel, which was not one I would have chosen. Somehow the group behind us were able to register. We were told it was because a guest with an illness couldn't be moved, but somehow the other guests were able to register. Do not trust this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
dimitris0, reception at Hotel Royal Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear madam,

I am very sorry that you were so disappointed.

I am not here to find excuses or whatsoever. The fact is that in every work (in our or in yours)
there are problems that we are called to find a solution. I think you do the same thing. The ideal would be a work without any problem.

In our case we had to resolve it as better as we could do. In fact we found a hotel in the vicinity (300 meters), a 4 STAR HOTEL as ours, WE PAID A TAXI to bring you there and in addition WE PAID BREAKFAST FOR ALL 4 OF YOU as a sign of trying to resolve the situation as better as we can.

Why we didn’t call you? When the problems are coming they don’t ask before if we have time.

Why you and not other guests? I think in our position you would make the same taking in consideration that you were only for one night.

I am sorry again for what happened.
Kind regards
Dimitri

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Booked this hotel via Hotwire as it was listed 4 star. Quite frankly Hotel is more like 3.5 star which for a short stay in my book is acceptable. Employees (Rene bell hop and Dimitri at front desk) were incredibly friendly and polite. The room itself had all I needed with a twin bed, nice size shower, safe and most of all had no carpeting which is a plus. Hotel also offers breakfast option which is pretty decent. Being of Italian descent a croissant, Cappuccino and glass of OJ are all I need in the morning. Hotel is situated near Termini Station in Castro Pretorio. Nevermind what you hear, area is safe so long your in your room by midnight which is pretty much the same in all large cities. Go eat at Mamma Angela Trattoria which is just around the corner for great Roman cuisine.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st or 2nd floor are both fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ideally situated for travelling in and out as it is a short walk to Termini. The breakfast is decent and always well stocked. Coffee was tasty and very welcome. The rooms are clean and although firm, the beds are fine. The evening staff are delightful and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014