Hotel Nord Nuova Roma
$383
$288
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
1,310 results
All reviewsrooftop bartrain stationnear terminihop on hophard boiled eggsthree starthe air conditioningtriple roompastrieshotel is centrally locatedvia cavourbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomreception stafftwo blocksexcellent locationaround the corner
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, near Termini for trains, buses and metro, although a little distant from the centre. The rooms are pleasant, spotlessly clean, and comfortable enough, but not special in any way. There is a small downstairs lounge/area. In January the rooftop bar was not in operation! And it took a while or the staff to realise that we were a sociable group and wanted wine and beers in the evening. When I stayed in on one or two days as I could not manage the visits the others were doing, no one came to offer me a coffee or to see if I would like anything. There was one scruffy menu for the lounge bar, which I eventually found near two champagne glasses. So scruffy that I assumed that the glasses had been left by visitors and just abandoned!
I had read some really terrible reviews of this hotel, and was really concerned when I realised we were staying in it. BUT, although it is quite maddening in some respects, we decided we would stay here again. The front desk and housekeeping staff were most helpful, and there was a generous breakfast buffet which was open 6.30 to 10.30 - late enough for even those who want to sleep in. It was good value, there were plenty of restaurants nearby, and it provided what we needed. Like an old fashioned Travel Inn - it is functional and not in any way individual, but if your hotel is not the main feature of your holiday, it is fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel was in a great location. It was 5 minutes walking distance to the Termini and surrounded by cafes, restaurants and shopping. Because I stayed here at the beginning and end of a tour, I stayed in 2 different rooms on different floors and they were both very nice and spacious with large, clean bathrooms.
The front desk staff was efficient, but not particularily welcoming (I almost want to say rude, but it wasn't quite that). I was at the hotel well before check in time and they had no problem with storing my luggage while I when shopping and had something to eat. The breakfast at the hotel was great, one of the best I had in Italy. We did have to wait a while one day as it seemed that everyone was eating at the same time that morning. I found the roof-top bar very dissapointing. Two nights that we went up there it said it was open, but there was no server for well over an hour and when he came back it was a half an hour before he came over to our table to take our orders (we were the only people there!). We never ordered any food there, but the couple at the table next to us did and they were very dissapointed. Overall though I really liked this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Hotel Nord Nuova is conveniently located near the Termini. Since we used public transportation it was easy to find our way home. Actually the Opera bus stop is closer. It is a small old hotel with a tiny elevator. The breakfast room was always busy. The food selection was good for a continental buffet. Our room was adequate with air conditioning available in October. The bathroom was large and marble clad. The best part was the roof top bar. It was lovely with views of the ancient baths across the street. Service was not reliable and there is no food cooked on the premises, but the wine and the atmosphere made up for that. The desk staff were very generous with directions- some also very friendly. The hotel has an international clientele, including some tour groups.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just a block from the metro, two blocks from the main bus and train terminal, and walking distance to many Rome highlights! Well kept, delicious daily breakfast, and a lovely lobby/bar/lounge area. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kwikdgts
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I just recently stayed at the Nord Nuova Roma. The room was ok and breakfast was ok but not great. However, they accidentally double-charged my credit card. When I called to rectify the problem, they were not helpful at all!!! They told me to call back after 3 the first time to get the office and then when I called back at 3:15 they told me the office staff were gone for the day. When I asked them to resolve the problem they said call back tomorrow. I asked them again to resolve the problem and Carlo at the front desk said "Do you speak English... I said call back tomorrow." Needless to say I am very unhappy with their response to their mistake!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business