“great food and fun waiters”

Osteria Da Zi Umberto
Ranked #1,043 of 12,162 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Moraira
“great food and fun waiters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was recommended this restaurant by someone who has lived in Rome, The food is fantastic, fresh, really tasty and very authentic, the waiters will recommend what they think is best and help you choose from the wine list, although the house red is extremely good. Previous reports state the Manager is rude I visited on my own, was made to feel very welcome and never experienced any rudeness ( they even got a TV from the back of the restaurant so I could sit in the corner an watch an important Sport event after I finished my meal) they really could not do enough for me.
If you want to eat authentic and extremely tasty food, in a fantastic Italian atmosphere and not pay ridiculous amounts of money, this is your place to eat... !!

• Visited June 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Rude - average food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

These guys seem to find entertaining to insult customers. You might find amusing to be screamed at. In my opinion not worth it - good octopus mediocre bast terrible attitude

2 Thank C B
Oakland, California
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We hoped to find a nice place for our last dinner in Rome. We failed. The owner/manager is just plain rude and seemed focused on getting people to order lots of food, quickly. He does not seem to understand the concept of hospitality. The server rushed us to order, and attempted to decide how much to order. The food was mediocre. The music was loud and bad. I literally had to leave the restaurant before the rest of our party had finished because the experience brought on a brutal headache. Avoid this place!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Ryan S
New Jersey
“Real italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food and hospitality....partying locals, great staff. This is a real find in an are with the usual tourist traps. After being gouged by the usual suspects, this made a refreshing change

Visited August 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We went to Zi'Mberto on recommendation from a close friend. We were not disappointed! What a great place, what great food!! It's simple but perfect food (less is more). My wife had the Carbonara and I had the pasta with mixed seafood. We had the house antipasti for starters. And a liter of the house wine. Everything was fantastic! And there was a big Italian family there, who had been in church to christen one of the bambinos, and so there was a really fun atmosphere in the place. Very authentic Italian osteria where the locals eat. We stayed for a couple of hours and really didn't want to leave:-) Fantastic experience. Mille grazie Zi'Mberto :-)

1 Thank robactor

Been to Osteria Da Zi Umberto? Share your experiences!