“Excellent service, cleanliness and helpfulness as if it were a luxury hotel.”

Ranked #153 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
washington,DC
“Excellent service, cleanliness and helpfulness as if it were a luxury hotel.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This excellent hotel is near the Vatican and the Rome Metro which enabled me to see the sites without hiring a taxi. The hotel staff was very extraordinarily helpful.
I am a single woman and found the single room small, but adequate and reasonably priced (enabling me to pay as a single, rather than for a double bed as is usual.)
The very generous breakfast buffet is included in the price of the room, as is free access to the internet in the lobby computers. The well-supplied refrigerator in the rooms is also free, which is, in my experience, a completely unusual perk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank carolesue
ccspecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear guest,
thank you for choosing The Best Western Hotel Spring House
we appreciate the fact that you write this kind review on Tripadvisor for us sharing your experience also with the other customers.Reading this review we are sure that with our efforts centered our objectives.
It 's very important for us to get feedback because it helps us to focus on our strengths and our weaknesses and to understand if our efforts were successful. I understand that with you our goals have been reached.
If we had know that for you the single room was too small we would shown you another tipology of room. I'm sorry that you had not the opportunity to get an upgrade for a little extra charge. it is a pleasure for us to offer superior room typology when it's available.
undoubtedly be a hotel near the Vatican to enable our guests do not miss one of the most beautiful attractions of our city: St. Peter Basilica and the Vatican Museum with the Sistine Chappel and I hope that you have enjoyed it.

We hope to welcome you in a future vaction in Rome!

Best Western Hotel Spring House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Castlegar
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of Oct. prior to a Mediteranian cruise. e chose it because of the close proximity to the Vatican. It is literally only a 5min. walk away. Also close to a metro station. We knew before we arrived that we'd be unable to get into our room but the staff kindly stored our luggage, gave us a map of Rome and we were off for the day. We had booked a superior room which was very roomy and spotlessly clean. It was at the back of the building so no view but that was ok with us as we were only sleeping there and it meant we could open the window and not be bothered by traffic noises. The bathroom was a bit small and the shower was tiny by North American standards but the towels were the biggest and fluffiest of any I've seen in any other hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was varied. Would we stay here again? Absolutely and we would certainly recommend it to our friends.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bonnie T
ccspecialist, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

all the staff and I wish to thank you very much for your kind words and hopeyou'll be our guest again soon!

Kind regards,
Paola Pistolesi,
Customer care Specialist.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect for sightseeing in Roma area. Close to everything.

I had emailed ahead & requested our room to have no feather pillows & some extra pillows. Upon our arrival not only had the staff ensured this was done but they also were kind enough to remove the feather comforter. With a terrible allergy to feathers this was very forward thinking on their part & much appreciated.

The staff were very pleasant, helpful & always available to assist in any way.

Our room was large (we did book for the largest room), comfortable bed & the pillows were great. The hotel does not boast enough about the "pillow menu". Having stayed in many hotels in Italy I note that only a handful have had this option. It is wonderful & I really think they should brag about it a bit more! Our room had a balcony with a small table & 2 chairs.

Breakfast was nice, it filled the hotel with amazing aroma's in the morning.

The only item I could find that would have made our stay a bit nicer was if the hotel had king size beds. Both my husband & I are very tall so a queen size bad is not as comfortable for us. That being said this was the ONLY thing I can comment on that was not 100%.

I highly recommend this hotel, especially for those traveling that do not know Rome well. It is close to the metro & easy to navigate around. We would definitely book here again.

Room Tip: Suggest to pay for the larger upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 565Kathy
ccspecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

let me thank you for choosing us!
We are very happy for your positive comment. Certainly our position, close to the Vatican and ten minutes from the city center will permit you to not lose the beauty of a city rich in history as Rome.Moreover the proximity to the metro line has allowed you to reach the hystorical city center in a few minutes.I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It 's important to start the day. One of our strengths are the fresh products arriving daily.
Is always a pleasure for us to meet the wishes of our guests so we are pleased that this happened with you. We always try to achieve this and one of the ways we can achieve is to have a choice in every field so we offer several products on the breakfast buffet, of which you have so appreciated the aroma, different types of rooms to choose from a choice of many different types of pillows. All with the aim of ensuring the best stay to every customer.Your appreciation to the staff so attentive to all the needs of our guests makes us very happy.

We hope to welcome you again!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I liked this hotel, very near the Vatican museum and other tourist places in Rome. The neighborhood is very good, with restaurants and stores very near. The employees are very kind. I recomend the bar, with a fair price and good food. The badroon I stayed was a single room, very small but enought for the 3 nights I stayed there. Very silent too. Could be a little less expense, but overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fabio G
Dear Guest,

thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel!
All your opinions are important, since they help us to improve ourselves and our beloved job everyday! By getting better, we can serve you better!
We are very happy for your positive comment. Certainly our position, close to the Vatican and ten minutes from the city center will permit you to not lose the beauty of a city rich in history as Rome, moreover the proximity to many restaurant and supermarket gives to our guest a stay in which nothing is missing and everything is at your fingertips.
I'm sorry to hear that for you the room was not big enough. The reception is open 24 hours for all your needs. If you have notified, we would have given you a larger room of different type.not always all type of rooms are available but whenever there are it is always a pleasure for us to do a small upgrade.

Let us know next time!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our family stayed here for 3 nights in two adjacent bedrooms, both with twin bed and a extra bed. The rooms were both big; the bathroom in the second room was a bit cosy but not tiny. The rooms were spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable with a choice of pillow types. The staff were friendly and helpful although the breakfast staff seemed a bit stretched. The location is excellent for the Vatican and the hotel is very close to the metro which takes you across to the Colloseum to the East side of the centre. Overall we would recommend the hotel, it's not the height of luxury but it represents good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank auntyshopper1
dear Customer,

first of all I want to thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel!

We hope to be your next choice!

Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived early to the hotel (1115) and were offered the Jr. Suite for 20€ more a night. The room came with in-room breakfast and mini bar - huge bathroom [large shower and enormous tub] and we were able to check in early. Hip, huge, 2-story loft room with an enormous bathroom--unique & well worth the extra €. We missed breakfast the first day as we didnt realize it was downstairs not in the bar area. The 2nd day we found it to be fresh, local, diverse and replenished quickly. Found the wi-fi worked well in all areas of the hotel. Hotel is located very near the Vatican museum; the steps are the meeting spot for many tours including our private AAA tour. Found a fantastic restaurant 1block away [Placere Molise at Via Candia 60]. Also a huge local indoor market located 2 streets North which had water, fruit, local items and the cheapest pastries and coffee. Don’t miss Old Bridge Gelato truly the best we’ve ever had.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade to the Jr suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dana G
ccspecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear guest,

We want to thank you for letting us know your approval. We are always very glad to receive so positive feedback. we are happy that our hotel has been able to satify your expectations and certainly with this kind review we hit all our targets: welcome, service and coutesy...we are happy that our Hotel have met your expectations.
The goal of our work, each one in its role, is turn a stay in the “eternal city” into an unforgettable time and a desire come true; for that reason we are very proud to know that with you our goal was reached.
I'm glad you had the opportunity to get an upgrade for a little extra charge. it is a pleasure for us to offer superior room typology when it's available. I am glad to know that you have appreciated your room
Kindness and professionalism of our staff combined with good products used are elements on which we work to improve our quality and make it every day better.

e hope to be your next choice!

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed 3 nights in the Best Western Spring House on my recent trip to Rome. I was in Rome for nearly 3 weeks with my sister, but we stayed in another location for most of the time.

This hotel is close to the Vatican Museums and the Vatican which was nice for sight-seeing, but the hotel itself is not what I expect from Best Western hotels. While the front desk staff spoke English, that is about where the hospitality stopped. Upon check in, I had asked for a room with a view, and was given a small room where the only windows were about 15 feet above us... Which was fine, as I understood that they were at full capacity. But the air conditioner in the room was also sub-par and since the windows were so high, we couldn't get any air flow.. Normally, I would ask the staff to fix these things, but their demeanor made me not want to ask, as I may "disturb them."

On our last day in the hotel, we walked into the hotel and went towards our room, and were rudely asked to stop by the man behind the front desk. He then spent 20 minutes telling us off (both rudely and loudly) for "not leaving the key to our room at the desk." I explained to him that no one had mentioned that to us previously, and that while we had been there for three days, no one had yet questioned us. He then proceeded to call me a liar at which point I headed back to my room - happy to be leaving the next day. This encounter also made me happy that I had not asked about the air-conditioning.

That night, I also needed to print off two pages of a confirmation email, and went to the hotel computer (after being brushed off by the man at the front desk again when I asked). I tried to print the confirmations, however the hotel "guest use" printer was out of ink, so I had to go back to the front desk. I explained the situation to the desk clerk, and he once again called me a liar, telling me that it was impossible it was out of ink. He then (after another 15 minutes of arguing) let me email the document to him, and he printed it.

The breakfast that is provided is also less than you expect. The staff in the breakfast room were lovely, however the food was a bit stale, and not very varied. That being said, the free breakfast was appreciated, and we ate what we could.

While the location of this hotel isn't bad (so close to the Vatican), and some of the staff (the breakfast staff) were pleasant, the front desk staff really helped to foster my poor opinion of the hotel. I dislike being referred to as a liar, especially by someone in a service role, and when I was calmly trying to explain my side of the story. It is also sad that due to the customer service I received, I didn't even want to let them know of things like the air-conditioner not working. I do expect more from a hotel, especially one with the "Best Western" logo and for the price I paid.

While I have given the hotel an "average" rating, it is solely in response to the location and the cleanliness of the hotel. I would not stay here again due to the value (food and desk service) of what I received for the price.

Room Tip: Possibly ask for a room not on the main floor?
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank baad_14
ccspecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel Spring House, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Madam,

first of all let me thank you for posting your comment on tripadvisor. Positive and negative feedback help us to focus on our strengths and our weaknesses and to understand if our efforts were successful.
The goal of our work, each one in its role, is turn a stay in the “eternal city” into an unforgettable time and a desire come true and we often reach this goal as you can understand from the high rating that you can see reading many positive feedback on line. Our staff professionalism, courtesy, friendliness and its capacity to meet our guest needs is very appreciated. For that reason we are deeply surprised to receive your criticism on our staff and our breakfast. If the rating on the staff is always very very high, I suppose that the problem you are comoplaining was just a little misunderstanding.
upon check in we inform guests that room keys are to be left at reception when going out the hotel for security porpose. And we always ask the guests during their stay not to go out keeping the keys with them.
also breakfast, offered to every guest has an excellent degree of approval and appreciation. Most of our customers are pleased with the variety of products on display, their wonderful presentation and the quality of service given by the staff. In order to satisfy the different tastes from different parts of the world on the breakfast buffet are offered many different products: a selection of teas and the best blend of coffee, cappuccino, latte, chocolate, different kinds of bread, a variety of cereals, yogurt, butter, fruit, different types of cakes, croissants and assorted pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon, many local and typical products such as cold cuts, cheese, mozzarella and tomato , diabetics and gluten free products and more...and more...
Since we always work very hard to meet our guest's needs and always we satisfy them, I am very sorry to know only now that you did not like a lot your room. You never complain about this during your stay. If you had told us on a good time we would have been pleased to show other rooms.; in fact as you had noted we have many tipology of room and the reception staff is always helpfull for all guest's requests. Due to the careful that we employ to our guests, if we have a superior tipology available we offer it.
We hope that wants to give us another opportunity in the future to change your impression on us!

Kind regards,