“Da Cesare - Neighborhood dining & excellent cucina”

Trattoria Da Cesare
Ranked #656 of 12,448 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lawrence Township, NJ
“Da Cesare - Neighborhood dining & excellent cucina”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Visited on a Friday night, with reservations, close to opening at 8:00PM. The crowd came ~1 hour later & the restaurant was full. The antipasti was excellent, specifically the meatballs (fried, with shredded beef & pesto sauce). Wide selection of unique dishes - I chose the carpaccio, which was large & filling. My desert was the creme catalina (brulee) - small, but very good!

• Visited January 2013

San Bernardino, California
“Cesare is superb!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose this restaurant from CA. We were SO IMPRESSED by Pietro and the overall service, as well as the magnificent food that we went back a second night! We requested Pietro's table and he had my bottle of wine chilled and waiting for me as well as my husband's drink. We were treated like royality!!! He even had a rose on the table waiting for me. The food was awesome on the second night as well. If we lived there, it would be our go to restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
“Slow food guaranteed”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Visited this restaurant which is located off Circonvalazione Giannicolense on a hot summer night with friends. The atmosphere of the garden area seemed promising. Instead soon the night took a wrong turn: the service. Extremely slow (and chaotic), even for a slow food advocate. The fried antipasto was ok (not memorable though) but none of the "primi" was up to high roman standards. In all spent a long evening chatting with our friends giving an ocassional bite to whatever happened to be in my plate, but due to the long delays in serving our table, completely lost any interest in following the gastronomic experience.
Final check not exactly what I would consider a bargain.

1 Thank Hypermetric
Sydney, Australia
“Good food friendly staff”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went to this restaurant on the advice of a Roman friend. At first look the distance looked a bit daunting but the Argentina-portuenza tram take you to within 100 mteres.

The food was good ( especially the starters ). The price for 3 courses coffee and with wine was about 40 euro per head.

We were with a disabled friend and the ramp access was good. The staff also made some extra room around the table for him, no problems.

• Visited September 2012
North Pole, Alaska
“solid food experience, a bit better than the average roman trattoria”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

went here with friends. enjoyed the experience. vast menu, good fried antipasti. the pasta was OK, but nothing earth-shattering. I would go back though because I'd like to try a few more things. I suspect we were treated well because the person I went with was a regular, though.

• Visited June 2012