We used our Holiday Inn Reward Points to book this hotel, i should say its not in walking distance really to Romes city center but there is a buss out side and the train is about a mile away as long as your okay with taking public transportation its a pretty good deal. The hotel its self is okay but not overly memorable and note that you do not get free breakfast even if you are a reward member. there also is not anything to close to the hotel for dinner or shopping so expect to have to travel back into the city for meals. The only other down side was that if you plane lands early you wil not be able to check intill 3 or 4 so either sleep on the plane or you could be like us and just be zombies as you explore the city the first day.
Okay enough of the bad though.. This hotel really wasn't so bad.. i may say that because we were not paying for it but still i did not mind having to use transportation and im glad that i had to go back out for dinner because walking Rome at night is magical! i fell in love with rome on this trip and it will forever have my heart. i am going back in 2015 and will not be staying not b/c i did not like it but I plane on renting an apartment instead with another couple.
So all in all if you have free holiday inpoint heck ya stay here because there isnt many other closer options but if you are just looking for a hotel i would recommend something a bit closer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters