“Worth taking the risk??”

Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's
Ranked #182 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have just returned from our visit to Rome, having stayed at the Crowne plaza celebrating my mums 59th birthday. First impressions were good, reception area is fairly grand and quick service at check in. HOWEVER when we booked at the Crowne plaza online (3 rooms) we paid for a king suite for my mum (special birthday) and 2 regular suites for myself and my sister. Upon arrival we were told all of the rooms are the same, even though we had paid an extra £30 a day for the 'king suite' online - no refund.
That said we didn't let it ruin our holiday and let it pass. My mums birthday came and she opened her presents and cards etc in her hotel room. The following day her presents and cards (which were all neatly packed together in one big '50th birthday' bag) disappeared from the room after the maids had been. Now im quite a trusting person and would never point a finger without getting the evidence so would immediately assume the maid had mistaken the bag of presents perhaps for a bag of rubbish. However the maid had also failed to take any other rubbish out of the room - not emptied the bins etc. when this matter was raised with reception they said there was nothing they could do as nothing had been handed in to lost property. So my mum was left without any of her 50th birthday presents or cards. Which I think is really sad. Therefore I have rated the 'value' as terrible. So I'll let you decide whether you think it's worth the risk for the maids to 'mistake' your property for rubbish.

5  Thank kimberleyhyde
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear kimberleyhyde,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We are very sorry that your stay was not as positive as that of others on this site.

To begin with may I take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced whilst our guest.

Regarding the bag, as you mentioned “disappeared”, I have personally investigated with the Housekeeping and Front office Manager and we have no information about the lost during your stay and any claim reported in our log book.

I very much regret that the Duty Manager was not informed at the time. I know they would have made every effort possible to resolve your issues quickly and efficiently. It would of course have been our combined aim to make your stay with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Crowne Plaza in the future and to restore your faith in the hotel and us.

Your sincerely.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed in August as a family of 4 and we wanted a mix of relaxation and sightseeing. This hotel enabled us to perform this task admirably! The facilities were superb, the swimming pool was one of the best I have seen at a hotel and my wife particularly enjoyed the Spa which had an indoor pool, jacuzzi and steam room. No kids allowed, so great for a bit of peace and quiet.

Our kids really enjoyed the pool and this was great after a long day sightseeing. The room was very clean and we had plenty of space for the 4 of us, the buffet breakfast had plenty of choices and we ate in the evenings at the local resturants of which there were 2 very close by within a few minutes walking distance.

The staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble, would definitely recommend and stay again.

1  Thank JaseyBoi

Dear JaseyBoi,

Thank you for your review and to have chosen for the second time the Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s!

I am delighted to read such a gleaming report of our facilities, service, breakfast.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel and I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

With Best regards

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in August 2013, I went with my husband and two teenage children (13 &16). The hotel was clean and roomy, beds comfy and the staff were extremely helpful. The pool was lovely and clean and as it was hot we spend the days here and went into the City in the evening. We walked 10 mins to the Metro and used that to get around Rome, it was easy to use and cheap. The breakfast was OK, as a vegetarian I struggled a bit as I did not like the eggs and the croissants were covered in sugar, but my family enjoyed it. This hotel was fantastic if you want to mix sun bathing/relaxing and site seeing and we would deff return.

Room Tip: We had two standard rooms which had two double beds, they both had balconys and although the view wa...

Dear Alison E,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s.

I’m glad to know that you found our Hotel & position excellent, helpful staff, lovely pool.

Your advice and suggestions will be of great help for future guests in order to get more familiar with location, connections and our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rome, very soon hopefully.

Davide Grilli, General Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not new, though very well maintained .. Rooms are big and clean.. Its not located in noise part of the city and I would consider this as an advantage, the bus station is just outside the hotel.. And Crowne Plaza bus is avaliable too.. Breakfast is nice, though a bit pricey.. Spa is place where one can relax after long walks in Rome.. Staff is helpfull and competent.. I enjoyed staying There..

Dear Nutsa M,

Thank you for your review and to have chosen our Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s!

I am delighted to read such a good report about our Hotel, rooms, location, staff and we are happy to learn that your stay with us was very enjoyable.

It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.

The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in Rome.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Good hotel. Although a little out of city centre. Don't let that put you off.Hotel Has a bus running frequently into town at 1.50 euro one way. Also there is a taxi rank near by, as well as good public transport, stopping just outside hotel.
No problem getting to hotel from the airport and back. Taxi rank just outside airport. Cost 36 euro, which works out cheaper if 4 are travelling. Hotel airport shuttle bus is 14 euro per person.
Hotel staff friendly and helpful.
Relaxing bar with a piano playing in the background. Bar staff very attentive and hard working especially Rashid
Very good outdoor pool and Spa.
Bar food is good but price for drinks too expensive. 14 euro for a pint,8 euro for a cocktail, 6 euros for a coke.
Restaurant food ranged from good to adequate. Cheese burger very good , pasta dish a little disappointing.
Restaurant located just outside the hotel but can not comment on the food as did not eat there.
Tips. Book St. Peter's Basillica and Colosseum tickets in advance to avoid long queue's
Book on a guided tour of both, audio tours can be difficult to follow.
Don't miss a visit to the Pantheon
Roma pass worth the money if using public transport.
Omnia pass expensive and there is not enough time to see everything covered by this pass.

When eating out. Be aware the bread put on your table is not always complimentary. It will be added to your bill even if you don't eat it. So check your bill.
Rome is a fantastic city to visit.

2  Thank Terry9396

Dear bernadete,

Thank you for your review and to have chosen our Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s!

We appreciate the fact that you had a very comfortable stay with us and that you loved our helpfull and courteous staff (especially Rashid). I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel.

Regarding the costs for drinks (a pint is € 8 and not 14 as you mentioned), we can assure you that our prices are very much in tandem with other 4 stars Hotel around Europe.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and we hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peters again in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a perfect hotel when you arrive at FCO airport. The property is beautiful, the pool is perfect. We had no complaints here except that this property is too far to walk to get some snacks or dinner. The Restaurant on the property is in my opinion too expensive since there were 11 of us in our group. The Breakfast was sensational. We got a cab to go pick up our dinner and returned to the hotel to eat. 22E. If I were just with the wife I would get a cab and go to dinner in the heart of Rome. I don't recommend this property to feel the ambiance of Rome as it is like staying in a plush hotel in the states or anywhere for that matter. We elected to end our cruise by staying in another hotel in the heart of Rome and that worked for us. I would stay at the Crowne again but only for the first night. The Whew is that we walked for 2 miles for sodas.

Dear Tomdonpac,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay and to have chosen our Crowne Plaza!

We are happy to learn that you found our Hotel beautiful, perfect location from FCO airport.

We respect your own perception about the feel of our Hotel, but allow me to put on record that our Crowne Plaza St. Peter’s offers International Standard of hospitality (all the staff speak many foreign languages, they are perfectly trained to satisfy any guest’s needs) and is located out of the hustle and bustle of Central Rome but still within close proximity of the Vatican and main attractions. We are surrounded by greenery in which our beautiful outdoor and indoor swimming-pool are a perfect way to rewind after a long day, the amazing Spa (900mq), tennis courts and the park gives you the idea you are in a resort but in the heart of Rome. .

By reading your review we see that you didn’t’ find shops, restaurants (Arturo just at the doorstep of our Hotel) , bars, cafes and supermarket available in a small village 300 meters on our left hand side.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and I hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peters again in the future.

Davide Grilli-General Manager.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Was with the family for four days in Rome recently and was very lucky to stay at this hotel. The hotel does everything right. The breakfast is superb, the rooms spacious and clean, the staff fall over themselves to be friendly and helpful, the amenities are amazing, great pool and brilliant shuttle service. We held this hotel up as the gold standard when we were comparing other hotels in Italy. If I have to ask the hotel to consider one thing, please think about offering cheaper or even free wifi.

1  Thank Bobin_Aling
Grillid, Direttore at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Bobin_Aling
Thank you so much for you wonderful review and for your feedback.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the Crowne Plaza Rome-St. Peter’s.
Best regards. Davide Grilli, General Manager