We have just returned from our visit to Rome, having stayed at the Crowne plaza celebrating my mums 59th birthday. First impressions were good, reception area is fairly grand and quick service at check in. HOWEVER when we booked at the Crowne plaza online (3 rooms) we paid for a king suite for my mum (special birthday) and 2 regular suites for myself and my sister. Upon arrival we were told all of the rooms are the same, even though we had paid an extra £30 a day for the 'king suite' online - no refund.
That said we didn't let it ruin our holiday and let it pass. My mums birthday came and she opened her presents and cards etc in her hotel room. The following day her presents and cards (which were all neatly packed together in one big '50th birthday' bag) disappeared from the room after the maids had been. Now im quite a trusting person and would never point a finger without getting the evidence so would immediately assume the maid had mistaken the bag of presents perhaps for a bag of rubbish. However the maid had also failed to take any other rubbish out of the room - not emptied the bins etc. when this matter was raised with reception they said there was nothing they could do as nothing had been handed in to lost property. So my mum was left without any of her 50th birthday presents or cards. Which I think is really sad. Therefore I have rated the 'value' as terrible. So I'll let you decide whether you think it's worth the risk for the maids to 'mistake' your property for rubbish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters