Spent a very enjoyable 5 days at he crowne plaza, st peters, Rome, for my husbands birthday. Weather was particularly good for October too. Hotel was in a quieter area of Rome, which we enjoyed after long days walking around. Hotel has a very nice outdoor pool. The staff were friendly, and were very enthusiastic when I tried to speak Italian to them! They offer a shuttle bus service into the centre of Rome, for only 1€ per person, each way! That drops you off just around the corner of Vatigan Square !! Beware, it only runs at certain times though. We were lucky enough to see the Pope giving his weekly Wednesday address to the public! One tip- pre purchase your tickets to the Cisteen Chapel, on their official web site, before you leave home, or prepare to queue for a vey long time!! Also be aware that they pack you in the chapel, and you are not allowed to take photographs in there. We enjoyed eating in the trastevere area in the evening ( across from the river Tiber island) as it felt much more authentic, and had some great piazza's to people watch, and a good choice of restaurants, of various price levels. Would go back to The Crowne Plazza again, without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters