Although situated a little outside the city centre this hotel provided us with the perfect base for our four day visit, with the added bonus that there was ample free car parking space. The hotel is easy to locate, with a good road system linking to the autoroutes, and despite arriving during the afternoon rush hour we were able to drive to the hotel with only relatively minor delays and traffic queues. Having parked the car we did not need use it again until we departed at the end of our stay. The hotel provides a very good shuttle service into the centre of Rome, and we used this on our first morning, prior to buying a travel ticket to cover the next three days. With a bus stop just at the end of the hotel drive and a regular bus service linking to the Metro system, we were able to visit all the places we had planned to see, plus several more besides.
Our welcome at Reception in the hotel was excellent. We were offered the opportunity to buy a prepaid breakfast voucher, which saved four euros per breakfast and also given the access codes for wifi internet reception. Clear explanations were given concerning where breakfast would be served, restaurant location/opening hours and the procedure for using the shuttle bus into the city centre. On arrival in our room there were complimentary bottles of still and sparkling mineral water, and these were replaced on a daily basis. Everything was very clean and well appointed, with the bathroom up to the usual standards expected in this standard of hotel. Overall the bed was very comfortable and the room quiet, although the view from the window was not awe-inspiring, overlooking a residential block of apartments.
The buffet breakfast was excellent value, plenty of variety and kept well stocked throughout. We found that after eating a substantial breakfast we did not need a further meal until we returned to the hotel in the late afternoon/early evening. It had been our intention to find different restaurants for our evening meal, but the choice of food available and the warm, friendly welcome from the restaurant staff persuaded us to take the easy and convenient option of dining in the hotel for each evening we were there, and this experience was enhanced by the performance of the excellent pianist.
When we make a return visit to Rome this hotel will yet again be used as our base, representing very good value and quality. I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone who is visiting Rome for sightseeing, although I appreciate that it is a little isolated for those that want to spend their evenings experiencing Roman nightlife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters