Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's
$1,088
$872
$322
  • Restaurant
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$186
$357
$336
Cancelon
3,100 results
All reviewsshuttle busindoor pooltennis courtsshuttle servicehotel groundstwo double bedspiano bartaxi rankpublic transportvatican citythe hotel offerseuros per personhotel restaurantsight seeingmetro stationcroissantsihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We booked a couple of nights at the end of our holiday in Rome.

The hotel is easy to get to (about 10euro from piazza del popolo). Once we got to the hotel they let us check in early so we could store our bags.

There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the Vatican for 1.5euro each way which is quite often and allowed us to go straight to the city.

The hotel is nice, room as quite big and is what you would expect from a Crown Plaza.

Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Get on the priority club points system and get free upgrades.
2  Thank Jim L
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear JLynes_12 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback on your recent stay!

We are very glad to know that you found our hotel “great for staying in Rome” and learn your appreciation about our nice hotel with big rooms.

It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Crowne Plaza Rome-St. Peter's.

Best regards.
Davide Grilli, General Manager.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at The Crowne Plaza for five nights earlier this May while participating in The Italian Job charity car event - which raises funds for Variety. We were met at Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi by Davide, the General Manager, who had already arranged our room check-in. This high level of service continued throughout our visit with a wonderful BBQ dinner on our first night, excellent rooms (ours had a large balcony), ample parking for our minis, escorted visit to the Vatican Museum, first rate cuisine and numerous other courtesies. My mother, in her eighties, and my four-year-old niece were both welcomed warmly and made to feel very special. The pools, both outdoor and indoor, were well-kept and inviting and the reception areas very comfortable and decorated to a high standard. i recommend this hotel whole-heartedly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John T
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear John T,

I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Crowne Plaza Rome-St. Peter’s, during the 2013 Italian Job Event.

Thank you also for taking the time to leave such nice feedback about the high level of service, the excellent room, the BBQ organized the first night by the pool.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team at the Hotel and I do hope that you will join us once again in the near future.

Best regards,
Davide Grilli

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and spacious and the breakfast was adequate.
Hallways were shabby, we had maintenance workers outside our room the whole time we were there. The breakfast was nice, but you practically had to rugby tackle staff to get coffee or tea, it wasn't offered readily. They also failed to replenish finished items, e.g. fresh milk ran out so they took the jugs away and didn't bring any more meaning dry cereal.
The reception staff were very slow with one person serving and at one point four others were chatting behind the desk. They also give priority to the large flight crews that appear despite there being several other people waiting. They also try to serve two people at once at the cashier desk, trying to get rid of you quickly despite you having questions. The piano bar was pleasant, but drinks are extortionate and they pick and choose who they give nibbles to. Wifi is ridiculously expensive (10€ per day) and so is breakfast (18€ per guest per day) if you haven't included it in your booking. The cleaning staff are also very wasteful, taking the open soap, etc each day and providing new sealed ones. We would have been happy to use the same bar of soap for 4 days! They also took the bathrobe away after our first day and didn't replace it.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear RobynM_23,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed he many many times, I feel very at home here, and love Rome, it is never somewhere that you feel that you have exhausted!

I have done a review some time ago, but felt that another one was justified, especially as a retort to those that criticize the staff, I have never had a problem in all my visits, obviously, some are more friendly than others, that is life, but at the very least all are professional, others, like Fabio in the bar, and Nino the excellent piano player in the bar treat us as friends, and are very genuine, I think perhaps that you are treated in some cases as you treat others!

Others have commented on the location, but surely you look into this before you book, if it is a problem, and is €1.50 really such a big ask to pay for stepping outside onto a coach and being dropped off either in Town, or at the Vatican? If it is, then book elsewhere!

Frankly, you have the best of both Worlds staying here, you escape the hustle and bustle of Rome after a day trapsing around, to a hotel, that is no more that a €15-20 taxi ride (or €1.50) by shuttle bus from the centre, to a tranquil setting, with wonderful spa and pool facilities, and friendly helpful staff.

Rome is an expensive City, and the hotel is no different, but again, this is something that you should be prepared for before coming.

I look forward to returning many more times, and enjoying the hospitality, friendship, and wonderful facilities that are here.

Well done Crowne Plaza, and thank you.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms for views.
1  Thank Martin C

Dear Martin C,

Thank you for your wonderful review and to keep on choosing the Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter for your stay in Rome!

I am delighted to read such a gleaming report about our Hotel, staff and facilities.

All the team here try their hardest to make it, as you said, "a home away from home."

Your advice and suggestions will be of great help for future guests in order to get more familiar with location and connections.

The feedback we receive from experienced and valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team (especially Fabio and Nino) here at the hotel and I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Kind regards and with renewed thanks.
Davide Grilli, General Manager.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Bottom line: they are understaffed. You get quick and candid service that leaves little time for questioning. The staff is rushed and snotty.

There is a "free" shuttle to st. Peters but its really 1.50 euro each way. Same price as bus but more convienent.

The "Free" shuttle to the airport is around 14 euro. I bumped the rating from a 3 to a 2 because the inattentive staff miss-read my plane ticket when booking me on their shuttle - it took me to the WRONG airport! I spent 50 euro (cab) and an hour (pre Ryan Air flight - I know, worst scenario ever) getting back on track.

Other to know:
- Gym is free, not too bad
- Pool is free - but you HAVE TO wear sandals into it
- Internet is only free for 30 minutes
- No breakfast included
- Live Piano Music is nice in the bar at night
- Hotel is pretty clean, 2 complimentary waters a day (one natural, one sparkling)
- Easiest way to get there is cab OR take the Metro (Battistini direction). Stop at Cornelia (then take a cab)
- Since they have their shuttle, they aren't very helpful with telling you how to use public transportation
- Everyone we talked to at hotel spoke english - nice
- My onilne booking did not include 6 euro a day ROME tax so I had to pay that in person

The only reason I booked this hotel was for the english speaking staff and the shuttle bus, for that I guess I can't be too disappointed because I got what I wanted. I will say however, the awful, snotty (I'd rather use a harsher word here) staff has deteered me form ever staying at a Crowne Plaza again...it was just SO bad

Room Tip: Lots of smoking rooms - if you dont smoke request that...they dont read any notes on your reservation though. I experienced this and heard other guests complaining about it.
4  Thank cnhnoel
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear cnhnoel,

I am very sorry for your bad comments about our reception staff, absolutely not in line with what the majority of our guests say. The reception staff is always nice and professional and, even when overburdened and busy, they always do their utmost to satisfy the guests’ needs.

I also want to thank you for the information regarding breakfast, shuttle, city tax and other services. Everything is clearly and fully stated on our and any other reservation website.

We heartily recommend our guests to read it carefully to avoid unpleasant surprises!

Kind regards,