My wife and I stayed at this Crown Plaza in early April 2013. It is an older property that has been remodeled. This was my fifth trip to Europe and I have always been grateful that our hotels have allowed us to check in after the overnight flight from the USA. The staff at Rome did a wonderful job and checked us in promptly. The room was clean and well maintained. Our room had a wonderful balcony view that we enjoyed both in the evening and morning. We stayed here at the front end and at the end of a ten day trip to Italy and France. Read the TA reviews which led us to this hotel. On our return visit, we used the breakfast buffet which, for Europe was done rather nicely. It appeared that they sought to have not only a "European" style breakfast, but also added items found in the traditional "English" breakfast. You can use the shuttles to your advantage. We used the airport shuttle both coming and going. We also used the shuttle to St. Peters (1.5 euros per trip) and the late afternoon/evening shuttle to the Trastevere district. My suggestions for improving the shuttle--have a later shuttle pickup to Trastevere (say 10:15 or 22:15). It is a bit of a rush to eat an Italian dinner in under two hours. Also, please post a sign at the airport shuttle pickup point (if it was in the e-mail I missed it). It is a healthy walk (especially with luggage) from the baggage pickup area to the hotel shuttle area. I believe they come to stall 24, which is marked for Holiday Inn. Overall I gave this hotel a "4" instead of a "5" because of the distance to the metro (we walked it the first day, it is more than 1k) and its distance from the center of the city. However, the staff and service rate a strong "5" which I gave them on my priority club rating of this property. I would gladly stay at this hotel again if we make it back to Rome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters