My wife and I stayed at this Crown Plaza in early April 2013. It is an older property that has been remodeled. This was my fifth trip to Europe and I have always been grateful that our hotels have allowed us to check in after the overnight flight from the USA. The staff at Rome did a wonderful job and checked us in promptly. The room was clean and well maintained. Our room had a wonderful balcony view that we enjoyed both in the evening and morning. We stayed here at the front end and at the end of a ten day trip to Italy and France. Read the TA reviews which led us to this hotel. On our return visit, we used the breakfast buffet which, for Europe was done rather nicely. It appeared that they sought to have not only a "European" style breakfast, but also added items found in the traditional "English" breakfast. You can use the shuttles to your advantage. We used the airport shuttle both coming and going. We also used the shuttle to St. Peters (1.5 euros per trip) and the late afternoon/evening shuttle to the Trastevere district. My suggestions for improving the shuttle--have a later shuttle pickup to Trastevere (say 10:15 or 22:15). It is a bit of a rush to eat an Italian dinner in under two hours. Also, please post a sign at the airport shuttle pickup point (if it was in the e-mail I missed it). It is a healthy walk (especially with luggage) from the baggage pickup area to the hotel shuttle area. I believe they come to stall 24, which is marked for Holiday Inn. Overall I gave this hotel a "4" instead of a "5" because of the distance to the metro (we walked it the first day, it is more than 1k) and its distance from the center of the city. However, the staff and service rate a strong "5" which I gave them on my priority club rating of this property. I would gladly stay at this hotel again if we make it back to Rome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the relaxing Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's hotel, home to a luxurious spa minutes from Rome's historic city centre. Treat yourself to an in-room dining experience at Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's & relax on your balcony overlooking the hotel's outdoor pool, tennis courts or gardens. Come to the St Peter's Spa to let off steam in our sauna & Turkish baths, or rest on the loungers around our heated indoor pool. For the tranquility of the spa guests, access is granted to 16 & above only. Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's is only 20 minutes' drive from Fiumicino Airport. Check out the timetable of our scheduled airport shuttle which will allow you to easily reach the hotel at a very special price. Use our scheduled shuttle bus to/from the city centre to discover the beauties of the Eternal City. (Eur 1.50 per person each way). The Vatican's incomparable St Peter's Basilica & Michelangelo's dramatic Renaissance ceiling at the Sistine Chapel are both 3km away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout the hotel, allowing you to stay in touch with friends, family & colleagues at any time. Hold your meetings in one of our 13 naturally lit meeting rooms able to host up to 600 delegates. Our chef's pasta at the Papillon Restaurant brings a taste of traditional Italy to the hotel's modern interior & you can sip drinks to the sound of a live piano every night in the Lumiere bar.Unravel your mind during a stay worth celebrating at Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters