“Perfect nights sleep in Rome”

Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's
Ranked #184 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is very well run and although its located 20 mins by taxi to the centre of Rome, its still worth staying here and I will gladly return.
Five adults, all staying in separate rooms during March 2013 and all five of us were very happy with the rooms. The swimming pool & Spa area are very nice with all necessary facilities freely available.I had forgotten my hair brush and I was able to get one from the concierge at no cost. The price of alcoholic drinks at the bar are "expensive" but you dont have to drink here if you dont want to pay €8 / pint. The breakfast was good and operated from 7 - 11am with very friendly staff. The swimming pool did not open until 9am which is stupid and I feel that policy should be changed to cater for guests who want a swim before breakfast. Taxi's to the airport cost €40 and there is a taxi rank in the hotel grounds. The rooms are clean & comfortable and well serviced but strangely the corridors are dark in colour and dreary. A few paintings would have brightened those halls but if thats the only fault that I can find, then its thumbs up for The Crowne Plaza Rome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Tonycontrol,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback on your recent stay!

We are very glad to know that you had a perfect night sleep and that you loved our breakfast operated from 6 to 11am (extended until 11.30 during the week-end), swimming pool&Spa (as per your suggestion we will take into consideration to open the pool earlier), very friendly staff, clean and comfortable room.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and we hope to see you at Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peters again in the future.

With best regards
Davide Grilli, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have booked this hotel for 2 nights.

I will start with a few tips. Although this hotel is quite some way away from anywhere - you could get from the Airport to the Hotel by Underground and taxi combo at approx EUR10-12. Approx cost as well as Hotel shuttle service (not free but frequent and reliable).

Although I have staed in November and the temperature was +23 or so I was disappointed [with myself] that I couldn't use the Outside Pool as it was simply spectacular. I have instead used the inside pool/ spa/sauna which were absolutely excellent!

I would also point out the excellent Piano sessions at the Bar downstars, presumably running during weekends. I have overstayed at the bar and at the end of the evening i was given an opportunity to play the Piano myself in the Company of the guy who normally plays the piano, which was excellent as you can not go an play the Piano at every Hotel from my experience.

I have also tried the Restaurant and would recomment the Dinner Buffet which has a variety of fish and meat authentic italian dishes.....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank German L

Dear German L,

Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s!

I am delighted to read such a love feedback about our hotel, excellent Piano running every day, variety and authentic food in our Restaurant.

As Platinum Priority Club member you are of extreme importance to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Crowne Plaza Rome-St. Peter's.

Davide Grilli, General Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Four of us stayed for a total of five nights during a recent trip to Rome. Our first set of rooms was not really up to the standard expected in terms of cleanliness - the hotel staff came up to inspect and we were credited for a night's stay which we appreciated. The second set of connecting rooms on the third floor were cleaner. Some of the front desk staff was extremely helpful - especially the crew on Monday morning, 3/11 - while some of the staff seemed bothered with questions like "which is the best bus to get to here or there".
Don't be late for the shuttle bus - it leaves its assigned spot promptly - I ran one night trying to catch it in the rain, and the bus pulled off while I was watching it. The front desk exchanged my tickets for the following night, but I was admonished "be there on time", and "it was raining, how could the driver see you?".
Restaurant staff were smiling, polite and service oriented.
Bus service outside the hotel is very convenient.
First time visitors to Rome who want to pack in a lot of sightseeing might be better served closer to town - but the Crowne Plaza does offer an oasis of quiet and lovely, garden like surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dianne L,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your recent stay!

We appreciate you taking the time to bring to our attention your experience with some of our staff, the location as you mentioned “an oasis of quiet and lovely, garden like surroundings”.

On the other hand we are sorry to read your concern about cleanliness in the first rooms assigned upon your arrival and some front line staff.

We have discussed the points you raised with our Executive Housekeeping and Front Office Manager and as a result we are confident they will be more vigilant to be sure that similar inconvenience will not be repeated in the future and they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve their services.

We apologize also to read the problems encountered with the shuttle bus and allow me to put on record where the bus goes it is not exactly a stop but only limited to pick-up/drop off in the heart of the city.

Best regards.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I visited Rome again last year for my birthday and returned this hotel for my stay, this was my fifth visit to Rome and stay at this hotel. After 5 days in Florence, I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights. I would have to say that I was made to feel so welcome immediately upon arrival, the lady who checked me in could not do enough to ensure my stay was enjoyable.

The lounge bar staff were great and very attentive, it would be remiss of me if I did not say a big thank you to Stefano, who took very good care of me and was always willing to share a few local hints and tips about Rome. The lounge area would not be the same without the fantastic music from Nino on the piano, I enjoyed singing along with his great choice of songs!

I found the rooms to be spacious, with all the amenities I look for, ie. air conditioning, safe, mini bar. Some of the furniture does look a little tired, but that doesn't really bother me as the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Anytime I requested service, such as laundry it was handled very efficiently and no hassle at all. The hotel also has a cash machine in the lobby which I find very useful.

As far as location goes, the hotel is a little outside Rome centre, however there is a bus stop immediately outside the hotel which takes you in to the centre, from memory there is a bus about every 15 minutes. There also a bus stop on the other side of the road bringing you back from centre. You can purchase various tickets, single journey, 24 hour, 72 hour or 7 day pass, these are all very reasonably priced. If you are feeling energetic you can also take a nice stroll down to St Peter’s, I occasionally like to do this. The hotel also offer a shuttle service but I prefer to do as the locals do. There is also a taxi rank within the hotel grounds.

As I mentioned above I stayed at the hotel on my 40th birthday, the hotel very kindly provided me with a complementary bottle of Prosecco – never a bad thing! Thank you.

So in summary, would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely, in fact I have just re-booked the hotel for another stay in September 2013, and cannot wait to get back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear CalumBMcLean,

Thank you for your review and to have chosen our Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s!

I am delighted to read such a gleaming report about our Hotel, staff, rooms, location and overall satisfaction.

I have passed on your kind words to all the team here at the hotel (especially to Stefano and Nino).

Your advice and suggestions will be of great help for future guests in order to get more familiar with location, connections and our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in September and we will do our utmost in order to make your stay with us memorable again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I recently married and this was our first trip abroad together and also the first trip to Rome for both of us!

I emailed the hotel to let them know we were 'honeymooners' and we were presented not only with an upgraded room but a trolley of fruit, champagne and yummy italian biscuits by the wonderful Orlando.

Prior to arrival, Rosetta and I liaised over email and she was able to give me very clear instructions on how to get to the hotel from the town centre - this proved to be very helpful as although the hotel is quite a distance from the town centre or even the Metro station, it is still very, very easy to get around. We bought the 3 day Metro pass and walked to and from the hotel to the Metro station which was around a 15min walk. Walking was the best way to travel in Rome in any event as there are so many little discoveries along the way.

The hotel was very clean, modern and beautifully decorated. Staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. Orlando in particular was most welcoming and made a point of catering to our every need whenever he saw us and made a huge point of making sure everyone knew we were newly married!

We would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would definitely stay again!

3  Thank HARDEEP B
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear HARDEEP B,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s for your honeymoon in Rome!

All of us were delighted to hear all of your wonderful comments mentioning the facilities that make the Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s the right place to stay.

I have shared your comments with my whole team (especially Rosetta and Orlando) as you have mentioned their great level of service.

We are very much grateful for your compliments! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Recently Stayed at this Hotel for Wifes 50th Birthday City Break ( 23rd to 25th Feb 2013) Even though it is out of the City, dont let this put you off They run a shuttle Bus Service or just out side are the direct buses to City Centre & the The Vatican, the bus also drops you off at the Subway Station, from there you can go anywhere.........As someone who stays in a lot of hotels, i consider the hotel to be one of the best, My Wife & I really enjoyed ourselves and were made to feel very special, a complimentry bottle of Sparkling Wine was sent to our room, which really made our weekend! Breakfast was very good value. The staff are key to any sucessfull stay at any hotel, in this respect they excelled. Did not manage to see everyhthing in Rome over 3 Days, so will be going back there very soon to see the rest.

Room Tip: When Booking into a Hotel The Golden Rules are....never the Top Floor, Air Con Outlets & Can be...
3  Thank Colin H
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Colin H,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring to our attention your experience and overall satisfaction about our staff, breakfast, Birthday’s gift, during your recent stay.

It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.

Don't hesitate to contact me for your next trip in Rome or if you need assistance for friends and family!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

First of all, we were lucky enough to get a full refund after 1 night of no sleep and didnt have to stay in this Hell Hole.I will go point by point explaining what happened and why, so when the manager has something to say, each of my points is validated, also the pics prove it.
1.Check in wasnt nice, reception was rude.
2.Beds are at best 10cm thin, although they claim to be the best beds anywhere and have a sleep guarantee,ha.
3.Duty manager when made aware, was arguementative to say the least, had to force him to come inspect the moving toilet, stains all over walls and uncomfortable bed.
4.When offered another room-atleast clean, the bed was still the same and after the shocking service we chose a refund.You could find a hostel with cleaner rooms and better service than what they offered.
I Have more pics if anyone would like them.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, find anywhere closer to city and save the hassle.
11  Thank mynewlifeistravel
Grillid, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear gchappycouple,

As per your threats during your stay to leave bad comments on Tripadvisor, we thank you very much for your review in which you share your “personal” experience while being guest at our Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s.

We welcome more than 155.000 guests annually in what you are describing as a “Hell Hole” and allow me to put on record that you are very “rude” (despite our reception staff) in respect of other happy guests who left very positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

As you mentioned in your review, we apologized, we made sure you were contacted by our Front Office Manager to assist you, we gave you back the money spent for the night, we tried to face your issues during your stay. I think we really did all we could.

Regarding the bed experience we are proud to be part of the “sleep advantage program” and we receive a lot of positive feedback regarding the sleep quality.

We know that every stay experience is different and we always take seriously any inconvenience when it happens. We apologize once again and we are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Yours sincerely.