The hotel is great for families. It is extremely clean, and the rooms are spacious and well equipped. The beds are big and comfortable. The bathrooms even have a converter already built into the wall.
The hotel has 2 pools, one inside with the spa, which is free except a massage. It has a large hot tub, steam room, and exercise facility. Youngers kids under 16 years can't go there, even with adults.
The large outdoor pool is also nice, but seats fill up very early each day, and people leave their belongings there to reserve their spot.
The hotel staff is VERY VERY nice, but most everyone in Rome is nice (SO much different from Paris!). Ask for Maryanna at reception if you are there in the morning. She is so sweet, nice, and just a warm, friendly person to talk with.
You can buy everything you need from reception desk, including bus tickets, tours, etc.
The location is great. You can take the hotel shuttle for 1 euro each way until 9pm, or take the local bus #98 or #881 which both go right into town and drop off right near the hotel. Buses cost 1.5 euros each way, but start at 6am and run til midnight a.
There is a supermarket for groceries within walking distance (left out of hotel, left at 1st light, walk about 2-3 blocks to first intersection/light, take right. Supermarket is on right about 3-4 blocks just before gas station. Takes Visa)
There are restaurants in the hotel that are good, but prices range from 10 to 20 euros per person. Not too bad, unless you have a large family. There is a ristaurante next to hotel (take right out hotel, immediately on right) that is reasonable (8-15 euros), but only open for dinner. They have take out pizza for 7.5 euros.
There are some VERY reasonable diners within walking distance (take left out hotel, left at first light, diners on your right). They have good burgers (3 euros without chips), and pasta dishes for 5euros.
I would definitely recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with a tranquil garden, an outdoor pool and convenient transport links to Rome’s historic heart. Crowne Plaza® Rome - St. Peter's hotel offers guests easy access to the city centre via our scheduled shuttle service or public transport just outside the hotel. If you're travelling to or from Fiumicino Airport (FCO), reserve your seat on our shuttle bus or book a private transfer. Closest metro station Cornelia is just over 1km from the hotel. World-famous attractions such as Rome’s Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – home to Michelangelo’s spectacular frescoes – are all within reach. The hotel is just steps away from Villa Pamphili city park and a few minutes from the old neighbourhood of Trastevere. Business travellers have access to a 24-hour Business Centre and 13 modern meeting rooms. Our dedicated Crowne Plaza Meetings Director takes care of all your event needs. The hotel is Completely Connected, and our Fast & Fresh meal options keep you focused and productive. Our airy rooms offer balconies and free WiFi and a Sleep Advantage® programme, including premium bedding, Quiet Zones and Guaranteed Wake Up Calls. Sip a drink in our relaxed poolside bar, enjoy Italian or international cuisine in our full-service restaurant. Pamper yourself in our wellness centre which is open to all guest over 16 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters