“An afternoon immersed in 2nd wave Brit Romantic literary history”

Keats-Shelley House
Book In Advance
More Info
$118.29*
and up
Rome Uncovered: A Fully Private Walking Tour Through the Most Iconic Places of...
Ranked #144 of 1,536 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Known as Casina Rosa, this small museum is devoted to the authors' works and memorabilia.
Antibes, France
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“An afternoon immersed in 2nd wave Brit Romantic literary history”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I almost cried when I first walked in here. I'm actually more a fan of Shelley than Keats, but it was still moving to be in the house where Keats died. It's quite small, just the ground floor +2. The entry was 4,50 EUR in December 2012 and it took me about 2 hours to visit the entire house, including watching a 20 minute movie about the House and Keats, Shelley, Byron et al., reading/examining every object on exhibition and visiting the gift shop. I'll remember this place forever.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank lalalaVanessa

Vienna, VA
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent about an hour and 15 minutes looking through this museum right next to the Spanish Steps. We saw the room where he died and watched two interesting videos (one on the museum and one on Keats, Shelley, and Byron). Be sure to go out on the terrace for great views of the Spanish Steps.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank haveticketwilltravel
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Just Amazing!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok so maybe I'm a bit biased... I am an English Literature student so I am obliged to visit such incredible literary landmarks! I did take a Science student with me and she would agree with me this is a must go!

Firstly the location. On the Spanish Steps... I mean just WOW!

The scene sets itself!

The museum itself is extremely interesting, there is a good combination of his work and his life.
The staff are very friendly and are willing to answer any questions you may have.

Also when we were there it was at risk of closing down due to funding so I really recommend you visit to support it! It shows some of the best of Britain and it would be devastating if future generations weren't aware of Keats' work.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Taltravels
Houston, Texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Poetry fans should not miss this”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Right next door to Spanish Steps we paid our respects to John Keats & Percy Shelley. Shelley never actually lived there, Keats died there at age 24. We also visited their graves which was very moving. If you are a Keats fan don't miss this. The introductory movie was in English & very helpful. If you go to the cemetery check the hours it closes early on Sunday but you can still peak at Keats grave from outside the wall

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Susan K
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“A honour to stay in this spectacular location”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and I not only visited the impressive museum, but stayed in the apartment above, which is managed by The Landmark Trust. We have stayed in several Landmark buildings, but this one is the most special. To stay in an apartment that Keats would recognise better than his old home that has become the museum below was a real privilege. The sense of history is very strong, the building is largely original and the simple ability to open the windows and look out on to the Spanish Steps an up to the Trinita dei Monti church is simply spectacular. Each morning we would look out and still couldn't believe that we were staying in such a unique and historic place. Piazza di Spagna is a fantastic location always full of life and there are few better places to spend the time of day in the wonderful city of Rome, although I you're staying in the apartment you need to be aware that people are there nearly all day and night and the noise is pretty much constant. However, that said, if you're looking for an unusual place to celebrate a special occasion, this would be an excellent choice. Just contact The Landmark Trust and take it from there. Highly recommend!

4 Thank PRL-London