“Loved the Bathroom and View....that's About It.”
Review of Hotel Albani Roma

Hotel Albani Roma
Ranked #333 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights before taking a Med cruise in room #220. Absolutely claustrophobic. Beds hard as a rock (thank goodness we packed camping mattresses as both my husband and I have bad backs.) Lots of cupboards but hardly any place to hang clothes. About as REMOTE from ANYTHING you could possibly want to see in Rome, although we did find it easy to catch a bus to the subway. For dinner you will be hard-pressed to find many restaurants in the area (we went to the bar where the bartender served us slices of pizza & sandwiches.) People at front desk less than friendly. Pros: crazy but beautiful bathroom with yellow, turquoise and peach colored ceramic tile; free breakfast in lower level of hotel. Also, we had a small deck overlooking a lovely park across the street and it was very quiet. Survived the 3 days here but would never stay here again and definitely do NOT recommend.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, ask for a room with a view of the park/gardens. View is lovely and mu...
1  Thank kauaigirl3

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very modern decor with all kinds of crazy colors and everythikng done in mica. Rooms are actually mini-suites, i.e. a bedroom, sitting room and bath. There's a sliding door between the bedroom and sitting room. Plenty of storage and shelves. Sitting room has a table, 2 chairs and a couch. Very modern and bright bathroom with a good amount of amentities(shampoo, bath foam, etc.). I would highly recommend this as it seems rather newly refurbished and very clean. But no windows to speak of..they're high up on the wall and serve n o purpose other than letting in a little daylight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My hisband and I where in our honeymoon and chose this hotel through a web service package. We dodn't do mich research about it. Terrible mistake. After I read all the other reviews about customer service I regreted not doing my homework before we booked.

First off, I don't think they spoke english. They barely spoke to us when we arrived. We asked for a map of the city and they lady gave us one from some kind of tour bus. She couldn't even find where the hotel was located because it wasn't even on the map! The hotel is VERY far from everything and not even walking distance to subway.
When we arrived it was raining so we decided to stay in. Our assigned room's TV would not turn on. When my husband called the front desk, the lady said there was nothing she could do and HUNG UP the phone!!! I called again, and explained that the TV didn't work. She blamed the weather. I explained that it just wasn't turning on. She said there was nothing she could do. I asked to talk to someone else and she said NO!!! Unbelievable. After I kept complaining, she said she would send someone to our room. WE WAITED FOR AN HOUR and nobody came! Needless to say, we used their free wifi (at least something nice to say) and booked a different hotel. We immediately went and checked out and they almost didn't want to allow it. They kept saying maybe it was a misunderstanding even though I explained that the lady was rude and hung up the phone twice! She was just standing there and dodn't say one word! They tried to upgrade the room but we told them that it was the way we were treated the reason we wanted to leave. We weren't there for more than 2 hours, but still ended up charging us one night. Worst hotel we have ever been.

6  Thank Melissa N
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Colorful is very literal when describing this hotel. It uses bright decor everywhere, and is a nice spot in Rome. I stayed here recently with my fiance for 3 nights while we went sightseeing.

PROS:
- Colorful, and cheerful hotel
- Full Service Bar
- Helpful Staff
- Bright and fun rooms
- Spacious rooms and bathrooms
- Quieter part of Rome, some restaurants nearby though
- Affordable

CONS:
- A tad bit worn, exspecially in the room we were in
- What in the world is going on with the keys? It's 2013, I've never in my life had to drop off a hotel key and pick it up upon return. Inconvenient when there is check-in line at the desk. Apparently this is old school, as my parents laughed when I told them about it and said it reminded them of "hotels back in the day."
- Not exactly close to anything important, including public transportation.
- No full service restuarant apparently. We did order some food from the bar and it was quite good.
- Bar drinks were waaaay overpriced. $10 euros for gin and tonic? No thank you. Not when a restaurant next door has bottle of wines for $8.
- Low, extremely firm beds. Felt like I was on the floor, but didn't really bother me.

Overall, this is a nice hotel that is bright and fun with some restaurants nearby. If you don't mind walking a bit to the metro, this is a good hotel for you. Otherwise you may want to check out something closer. I would definitely consider staying here again though if I return to Rome.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We spent 4 nights here back during the Italian holidays, the area was very quiet at this time as most of hte business' shut up shop so finding open restaurants nearby was pretty difficult. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms very very bright and colourul, which suits me fine. No the hotel isn't on the doorstep of the colosseum, but its hardly a long long way! You can walk it if thats your sort of thing but there are bus stops one street away that will take you straight there. We drove to Rome, so the free basement parking was a must for us.
I wouldnt' hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a room overlooking the Villa Albani
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at the Albani for 3 nights, the decor was very colourful and the bathroom a reasonable size,and a nice view over the park. They were the best bits, the staff were not at all helpful, there were no tea making facilities in the rooms.Evening meals were only for groups of people, and the communal areas small. When asked about air conditioning all we got was - it's not working!
We had to catch a bus to the main sights of Rome but that was ok once you found the buses.
The hotel recommended to eat at Allo Specchio around the corner of the hotel, not impressed with meal and check the price of the wine. However we found a brilliant restaurant if slightly expensive but worth every penny called Larys s.r.l Via Basento 54/56,00198 Roma.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for three nights during our honeymoon in Rome. The hotel is reasonably priced compared to many others, is very nice, and the staff is friendly. I recommend Hotel Albani to anyone looking for a nice place to stay that won't kill your wallet.

1  Thank vigilfox