“Damn good place to stay in Rome.”

Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park
Ranked #255 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Seattle, Washington
“Damn good place to stay in Rome.”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I showed up in the early afternoon for check-in. I had misplaced my credit card in Vienna and indicated this at the front desk. A young man who was working put me in contact with VISA, and I got this situation taken care of w/o problem in a matter of minutes. I didn't even ask him to help me,,,he just dialed the number on his own. Very good service.
The hotel is very clean and all the folks there were very polite and concerned with good service.
The location is a bit from the main attractions, but I got a very good rest there. Quiet place.

Breakfast was pretty good. Bacon could be a little more crispier. And all the places in Italy need cream for coffee, not just skim milk!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank max55857

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is outside of Rome but very close to the train station. There is not a lot going on in Gemelli, but if you just need to get some sleep its pretty good. The hotel also has a bus that goes into the city as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shem M
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 15, 2014

You can always count on Marriott for a good location and great service. If there is ever any doubt that you are not receiving the service you feel like you deserve, just make a phone call. My husband travels extensively and stays mostly at Marriott properties. Therefor we are fortunate to have Marriott Platinum amenities. We will always have free WiFi and will have a room upgrade whenever possible. This Courtyard was exactly what one would expect from a Courtyard. Nice and clean hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice buffet breakfast. Not amazing food, but it is included with your room, so no complaints. We had a nice view of St. Peter Basilica. There is a free shuttle into Rome, but that wasn't available until 6:00pm. No big deal, the front desk will call a cab for you and it takes about 10 minutes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sheila D
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

After one night both my wife and me had huge blister on our legs, and we found bedbugs in our bed. We got another room, but same here. Still after our third room we found bedbugs. The rude receptionist didn't make things easier for us. We would NEVER go back to this hotel. PS. The food.at the hotel was good, but the.local restaurant even better.

1 Thank Per Kristian H
Direzione H, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your review on April 15th. We deeply regret the experience you had in the room and please accept our sincere apology. After receiving your complaint, we have gave the housekeeping your feedback and we have requested to check the bed. Fortunately we did not find any bedbugs. We would like let you know that as per Marriott standards all our beds are anti-bugs. But sometimes the human skin is allergic to certain cleaning products. Probably there were innocuous mosquitoes.

Most probably your expectations were for a 5 star luxury hotel with the standards of a luxury lifestyle. But we guarantee that our cleaning standards are very high. To testimony that, Marriott has a deep cleaning program which take place regularly.

We would like to let you know that, we have taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again at our hotel and thank you for the bringing the matter to our attention. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel website and name claim to be located within walking distance to both the city center and St. Peter's Basilica, when in reality it is located far away from both locations, forcing you to take public transportation or paying to use the hotel's shuttle bus. Some of the staff members had a poor attitude, and did not provide accurate directions.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Viviana M
Direzione H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Mrs Viviana,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Rome Central Park.

You indicated in your response that in our web site is written that we are a walking distance from the city center and the Vatican area herewith you will find the link of our ufficial web site (www.marriott.com/romcp ) and you can read about the distance. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

ANTONIO DE SANTIS
Director of Operations
Marriott
cy.romcp.room.div.mgr@courtyard.com
Leicester, england
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Having had a terrible experience at another Marriott Hotel (AC Arezzo) the previous night we were expecting more from the Courtyard Rome Central Park.
Unfortunately this hotel, whilst being superficially very slick, is more a triumph of style over substance. It's a busy large hotel and I suppose its size inevitably leads to a fairly blase attitude amongst the staff.
Admittedly we arrived about an hour early, but along with other guests we were kept waiting in reception (without even the offer of a drink at the bar) whilst we waited for our room. After two hours waiting we decided to be much more assertive, and this seemed to do the trick, because we were able to go to our room within half-an-hour. (We were offered a complimentary basket of fruit in our room, which we declined and accepted a bottle of Prosecco in lieu by way of compensation for the delay)
We did pass some of the time having lunch at the Hotel, but nevertheless we would have preferred to have checked-in and then gone into Rome.
The room was fine, and did have the view of the dome of St Peter's - albeit rather distant.
We were eventually able to get into Rome, and decided that it was way too hectic for us - we've never been when it's really busy. We returned to the hotel for our evening meal.
The meal was fine, and it was very pleasant sitting out on the terrace in the warm evening.
All was well until about 2am when we were awoken by a noise of a Television in an adjacent room. We hoped that this would pass, but after half-an-hour the noise hadn't abated, so I complained to Reception. 15 minutes passed and no improvement, so I went to reception after having located the source of the noise as being from the room directly beneath ours. The concierge tried to contact the occupant both by phone and by knocking on the door, without success. He even tried the pass key, but the room was deadlocked from inside.
At about 03.30 we were offered another room in which to sleep, on a different floor, which we reluctantly accepted. Our stuff was in the original room so we returned there for our shower etc.
When we checked out the staff seemed to be unaware of this problem, and it took a few minutes for them to verify this. On this occasion the manager agreed to reduce the rooms charge.
I might add that we had intended to stay in this Hotel for two or three nights, but this was SUCH a bad night's sleep that we were not prepared to take that risk, and headed off for Sorrento.
This was my second visit to a Marriott hotel - it will almost certainly be my LAST.

Room Tip: I have no idea how you would do this, but try to find a room that is isolated, because the acoustic...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank casuals
Direzione H, Direttore at Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest

We have received with regret your comments through Marriott Guest Experience.
We strive hard every day to give our utmost attention to our guest and when we fail for whatever reason, it is sad and distressing.
I do apologize for not living up to your expectations on this occasion.
We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near
future giving us a chance to demonstrating our commitment to serve our
guests beyond what is expected .

Yours sincerely,
Antonio De Santis
Director of Operations
Courtyard Hotel Central Park Roma
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel. It's a very short walk to the Gemelli train station, from which I was easily able to get around Rome. The staff was very helpful in providing instructions and recommendations. Francesca and Sugarth (sorry, I am certain I butchered that name) were especially friendly and helpful. They assisted me with tour and train bookings when I really didn't have any expectation of that level of service. The room was comfortable and clean with a great view of St. Peter's Basilica. We didn't try the restaurant so I am sorry I cannot comment on it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aaron R
Direzione H, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review. We have passed on your kind remarks to all the team and look forward to welcoming you back to Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park in the near future. Kind regards