All reviewsroof terracevia cola di rienzovatican citywithin walking distancelovely little hotelpastriesan excellent hotelother attractionsaround the cornerbreakfast is servedpublic transportmetro stationtrip to romevarroneconciergesoundproofingeuro
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We spent three nights here in late November, 2012. The location is superb with the Vatican, good restaurants, transportation, and shopping all close by. We recommend it highly. By USA standards the rooms were very small, but the prices was great. We booked through Bookings.com. There is a nice gathering room on the top floor where we sat and chatted with our friends. The morning breakfast was pretty good. Great coffee spots nearby where I would get my morning fix while my wife was getting ready.

Room Tip: I think there are larger rooms at a higher prices. Our booking through Bookings.com got us very low price, but small rooms. There is no pool or fitness room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karligirl57894
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Client,
thank you so much for your review and Hotel dei Consoli recommendation to other travelers.
We are proud you enjoyd the "superb location", the breakfast, the rooms and the price.
I look forward to having you heree again.
Best regards and I wish you a beautiful 2013,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Pros:
- Location: Very close to the Vatican but also a good distance from all other areas so that walking or metro-ing is possible.
- Clean rooms
- Comfortable bed, great wardrobe space, good wardrobe space - the safe however is TINY. To visualise - you cannot fit an ipad in there.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Excellent rooftop which has a marquee in the winter so you're not freezing up there
- Free Wifi; see con below...temperamental
- Great heating especially when it was so cold

Cons:
- Rooms are a little on the small side (but note: as above, they are comfortable)
- Wifi cut out for the last two days of our stay which was incredibly annoying. It meant that we couldn't look up places to go / restaurants etc. in advance. To be fair, I didn't expect it to take that long.
- The breakfast. This is my only real con of the trip - the breakfast is pretty basic. I'm not expecting Michelin star but the quality of the breakfast could be drastically improved. The juices, the quality of the bread rolls, the joghurts etc. didn't live up to the overall standard of the place.

They also give out a great detailed travel map of the city and the reception man who was there when we arrived was very accomodating in letting us choose a room that we were happy with. Super service and would be more than happy to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hula-girl12
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Client,
thank you for your review of Hotel dei Consoli. It is an advantage and an opportunity to us to have such an experienced reviewers like you are.
Thank you for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli while putting in evidence the great location, the clean rooms, the comfortable bed, the great and good wardrobe space, the safe, friendly and helpful staff, the excellent rooftop, the free wifi and finally the great heating…
Please apologise for wifi cut out during your stay. Unfortunately, our maintenance supplier did not have the requested component to promptly repear our system and (you are right) it took in effect a too long time to be fixed.
While I have to say that our rooms are the typical European standard for boutique hotels positioned in city center, it is very sad for me to read that you are not fully satisfied with breakfast, because this is usually an area where clients recognise great commitment and very good results...I have been acting after your review to understand what happened in the past.
Looking forward to have you again as our welcome guest, please next time contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to share a welcome drink with you.
With warm regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Dei Consoli as part of our Honeymoon. We were only in Rome for a few days and wanted to be close to the Vatican and other tourist locations, while staying in a clean, reasonably priced hotel -- the Consoli accomplished all of those things. The rooms were clean and quiet and the roof top terrace was great -- a beautiful place for an evening glass of wine before dinner. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C

Dear Kevin,
having honeymooners at Hotel dei Consoli is always a great and special pleasure, since they bring happiness, smiles and a very positive atmophere.
We are proud of having contributed to your honeymoon in Rome. Thank you so much for your recommendation of the Hotel dei Consoli.
We look forward to having you here again. Congratulations and have a wonderfull life.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Could not have been more pleased. A wonderful little hotel within easy walk of Vatican City. All the staff and owners were supurbly courteous, friendly and helpful making our three day visit a most comfortable and relaxing stay. Especially nice is the rooftop dining area. Very quiet, with plenty of plants and fruit trees; like being in an elevated garden. Great views of the city from there as well. The hotel itself is excellently appointed, with plenty of period art and very well appointed rooms. We were treated like family. And after checking out and on our way to the airport, Samuel, the desk manager on duty, called our driver (hotel limo transport to airport) to inform me that we had left a Kindle (mine) in our room and it would be secured and held until we could make arrangements to have it picked up and shipped to our home. Speaks volumes for the integrity of the staff. The hotel was exceptionally clean, quiet and comfortable. A wonderful stay.

Mike and Mary

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike M
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Mike,
thank you for your genuine review of our Hotel dei Consoli. I am so proud you had a "wonderful stay" here. Thank you for recommending the hotel, particularly for staff integrity and our terrace that you depict as "an elevating garden"... that in fact was my vision of our terrace..
I hope you will visit again. Please next time contact us directly and it will be my pleausre to meet you in person and offer you the best welcome.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have just returned from our ninth visit to the Consoli in the last decade, and every time has been lovely. The rooms are comfortable and immaculately clean, the breakfast (on the beautiful roof terrace) is excellent, and the staff is always helpful and friendly. It's in a great location -- transportation, food, shopping are all nearby. Now with free wi-fi in the rooms, so it's really the perfect hotel for us and we will return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thosetwo

Dear Client,
we are so proud to read your review...thank you so much for your continuous choice of Hotel dei Consoli for nine times. I think you are one of our best testimonial of our company!!
Thank you for putting in evidence that "the rooms are comfortable and immaculately clean", "the breakfast (on the beautiful roof terrace) excellent, and the staff is always helpful and friendly".
I definetely look forward to having you again here at Hotel dei Consoli. Please next time contact us directly and it will be my pleausre to meet you in person and offer you the best welcome.