“Staff that goes above and beyond!”
Review of Hotel Dei Consoli

Hotel Dei Consoli
Ranked #482 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our first ever trip out of the United States. We were quite intimidated by the language barrier and cultural differences, but the staff at the Dei Consoli were by far the sweetest people we met! We also had the misfortune to be stuck in Rome due to Superstorm Sandy delaying our departure by three days and the entire time the staff attended to our every need, even calling the room intermittently to see if they could help us with any flight scheduling and to check on our progress. When my mother would call reception to speak to us she would rave about how nice they were and how genuinely concerned they were for our well being. Samuel and Fabrizio were specifically helpful with suggestions for around the city, and both got a big laugh when my husband and I pulled up on a rented scooter, I think they considered us to be brave. Before we left we delivered them each a tray of pastries and wished we could have packed them in our suitcases and taken them home with us. Aside from the fantastic staff, the rooms were beautiful, the breakfast was delicious and we always felt safe, secure and luxurious here! Would recommend to anyone!!!

Room Tip: The hotel has a satellite building that isn't quite as nice but will save you some money. The a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JessAns
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Jess,
I am truly thankful to you and your Husband for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your stay in Rome .
I am happy to read that the staff was extremely polite and helpfull all over your stay.. that is a primary focus of all of us..
Thank you for posting how you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers !!!
Looking forward to having you again here at the Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to to offer you a welcome drink.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Dei Consoli

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Dear Laura, Luigi, Samuel, Fabrizio, Jon Carlos and Mama,

As you know we were celebrating our 25th Wedding anniversary and we decided to stay at Hotel Dei Consoli after looking at about 25 different hotels. This decision was based on your website, Trip Advisor and other Social Medias. What a delight it was…

It started with your quick responses via emails to my many questions. To my amazement it continued throughout our entire stay. It began with our first meeting with your Jolly Giant – Fabrizio. He welcomed us with open arms, made us laugh with his quirky sense of humor and just made us feel like part of the family. He held our luggage for us because we arrived early and gave us directions to several area sights.

The king of our stay was Samuel at the front desk, who was kind, gentle, funny, informative, patient with us, and who has a beautiful house outside the city limit, a wife who is a teacher and has three beautiful children.

Jon Carlos thanks for being so at tentative during breakfast and Mama for making sure everyone worked as a team, you surely understand how to make your guest feel at home and part of your family.

We hope to see you soon, your new family, thanks for making our 25th wedding anniversary so special.

Richard and Daisy Torres

Room Tip: Just email the staff with your questions and they will get back to you asap.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rich0072
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Richard and Daisy,
it was a real great pleasure for all of us to have you at Hotel dei Consoli while you were celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary...we are proud we contributed to made your trip to Rome special ...
Each of us has a special memory of the positive, friendly and warm conversations with you. It was a great and spontaneous pleasure for us to do the little things we did for you.
Congratulations once again for the great couple you are and we look forward to meeting you again soon and having the chance to meet your two daugthers...
Thank you for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers..
With our warmest regards,
Amalia Consoli, Luigi, Laura, Fabrizio, Samuel, Giancarlo..

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really enjoyed this property. I took a cab there from Roma Termini, it was about $50. I was traveling alone and cramming a lot of exploring in to a 2 day stay so I wasn't expecting much. The room was tiny and had a twin bed. I was comfortable and safe though which is what was important to me. Private bathrooms and a lovely rooftop terrace for breakfasts. The staff was very helpful and kind. Breakfast was very good and you can get espresso drinks from the service staff. The bathroom was large and had everything I needed. I liked the tall ceilings and the window that opens up. I enjoyed shopping in the Piazza Risorgiomento (sp?) and it is a very easy walk to Vatican City, Castel Sant'Angelo, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. It was about 10-15 minutes walk to the metro station where you could get anywhere. I would recommend this hotel for the value, location and safety.

Room Tip: You have to put your key into a slot in the wall to turn on the electricity. I spent a day working i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jessica B
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Jessica,
thank you so much for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have appreciated your stay. Thank you for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli, having put in evidence the Hotel positive things; particularly the fact that the Hotel dei Consoli and the area around are very safe for a person travelling alone.
Looking forward to having you again here, please contact us directly to support you in the best way and to share with you a welcome drink.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Dependance of the Hotel dei Consoli in October during 4 nights. It is very well located, not far from the main hotel, and also near the Vatican. The check-in, breakfast and check-out are made at the main hotel, and the attention couldn’t be better. The owners and staff were very kind and helpful.
Of course it’s not the same Dependance, and main hotel. The main hotel is a 4 star hotel, and the Dependance a 3 star. But we have no complaints, the bed was huge, probably a king size, room was clean, wi-fi connection, etc.
Before we arrived at Rome, I asked if there was any chance of having the room available before check-in time (14h), and we had the luck of having the room free when we arrived, at about 10h. It was a relief that they remembered and took into account our request.
We stayed at the Dependance of the Hotel dei Consoli in October during 4 nights. It was a business trip, with time for some tourism. It is very well located, not far from the main hotel, and also near the Vatican. The check-in, breakfast and check-out are made at the main hotel, and the attention couldn’t be better. The owners and staff were very kind and helpful.
Of course it’s not the same Dependance, and main hotel. The main hotel is a 4 star hotel, and the Dependance a 3 star. But we had no complaints, the bed was huge, probably a king size, room was clean, wi-fi connection, etc.
Note that this review concerns specially the Dependance (rooms, location, etc.), but also the main hotel (staff, breaksfast, etc.)

Room Tip: If you're looking for sometthing with a bit of a touch of luxury, I advise you the main hotel, r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RomeVisitor102012
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you for having chosen the Depandance of Hotel dei Consoli for your business trip to Rome.
I am happy that you have appreciated both the Depandance and the Hotel and thank you for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers in such a genuine review!!!
Looking forward to having you again here at the Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you again and to offer you a welcome drink.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My Wife and I were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversity in Rome while staying at the Hotel dei Consoli - What a charming Hotel - A friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean rooms, good beds and a location within walking distance of the Vitican and other points of interest - A good breakfast and late afternoon wine on the charming roof top bar overlooking the city enhanced each day of our stay !! - We are looking forward to our next stay at the hotel dei Consoli

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CPBII

Dear Client,
thank you so much for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers !!!
I am proud that the Hotel dei Consoli contributed to an happy and pleasant celebration of your 50th wedding anniversary...Congratulations once again!!.
I look forward to having you again here at the Hotel dei Consoli. It will be a great pleasure to meet you and your Wife/Family again.
With the warmest regards from all the staff and property family,

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very friendly staff, particularly at reception (info about Rome).
Clean, nice rooms, good beds and good noice isolation (streetside).
Breakfast : average for 4* hotel.
Safe for free but no free WiFi (€15 for 24hrs !).
Location : close to Vatican, but also metro not too far.
Conclusion : we took advantage of a promotion and then it is a good price/quality combination.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Herwig,
Thank you so much for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers!!!
I am happy you have appreciated your stay, and in particular that you have put in evidence the great location of the Hotel dei Consoli, the "very friendly staff", the cleanless of the room and the breakfast.
I am sorry that you got the impression that the wi-fi access has a charge since we have in the Hotel introduced since a month now the free wi-fi and a personal computer is also available for free navigation in out leaving room on first floor. I am sorry if we were not enought clear with that and an old signal created confusion. Please apologise us.
I really hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family or Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed at the Dei Consoli at least 4 or 5 times now and I'll be going back on business in November. I've never yet been disappointed with any aspect of this lovely, perfectly located hotel. Even though close to St. Peters, it is also well located for walking to Trastevere and to the historical sites across the river---most places no more than 30 minutes. Some nice places to eat close by as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your multiple stays in Rome.
I am happy that you have appreciated my Hotel and thank you for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers in such a genuine review!!!
Lookinf forward to having you again here at the Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you a welcome drink.