All reviewsroof terracevia cola di rienzovatican cityrooms are smallwithin walking distancelovely little hotelpastriesan excellent hotelother attractionsaround the cornerbreakfast is servedpublic transportmetro stationtrip to romewalked everywherevarroneconcierge
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is my second visit to the Hotel Dei Consoli. It's location is fantastic, close to the Vatican, yet in an area that is not too touristy. The rooms are small, and the bathrooms smaller, but quite clean and comfortable. They are well stocked, with nice amenities, and the AC works very well. Since my last visit, they have upgraded their televisions to flat screens, which is a plus. As well, while situated on the bustling Via Cola di Rienzo, the windows offer excellent soundproofing.

The breakfast buffet is excellent, and the rooftop location, with a direct view of St.Peter's, makes one feel as if they are on a movie set. Truly, it's a memorable experience.

One thing that stands out as exceptional for this hotel is it's service, espeically all of the front desk staff, and the breakfast waiter. They were always friendly, and willing to assist in anyway. They make you feel truly welcome.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
LauraHotelConsoli, Owner at Hotel Dei Consoli, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you and your Family for having chosen twice the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
Thank you so much for the positive review and for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers particularly for its “exceptional service”!!!
I really hope to have you once again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family or Friends a welcome bottle of wine or Italian spumante.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week during my first visit to Rome. It was everything I could have wanted in a hotel in the ancient city.

The hotel itself is exceptionally small, and its lone elevator is even smaller. But, the rooms were very comfortable, and the location was outstanding. We booked two adjoining rooms without the meal option to save money. Room keys are actual keys, and they must be returned to the front desk every time you leave the hotel. While this sounds like a hassle, it gave the hotel a very old-world feel. Likewise, the elevator could handle maybe two persons at a time, or one person and a suitcase, also adding to the locale's charm.

The hotel was very close to the Vatican, the farthest we walked from it was to the Pantheon, otherwise we took the subway to get around Rome. Pizza, pasta, and pastries are plentiful in the hotel's neighborhood and world-class food can be found within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben B

Dear Ben,
I am truly thankful to you and your Family/Friends for having chosen the Hotel dei Consoli for your vacation to Rome.
I am happy you have overall appreciated my Hotel. We are proud to make our customer vacation pleasant.
Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to your review and for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travelers.
Hope to have you again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

At this lovely little hotel 2weeks ago.Arrived early and room was ready.Sam a lovely guy gave us a map and told us where to go to eat etc.Room was quaint,what i hoped a room in Rome would be like.It was spottless, i asked for extra pillows and they were given straight away.The lovely roof top where we had breakfast was really nice and a nice variety to choose from scrambled egg,bacon ,cheese,ham,pastries,cereals,fruit,biscuits and lovely cakes.You can have as much as you want ,with coffee ,fruit juices too.IN the bathroom there was a hairdryer,toiletries and a jacuzzi bath.As it was our first visit to Rome we were a bit apprehensive but from this hotel we were able to walk to all the places we wanted to get too...vatican,trevi fountain,pantheon,spanish steps,colosseum. We were only there Frid /sat. Booked the vatican tour before we got there ,defo a must -so happy we did.Will be back ,LOVED IT!!! ( husband andI 47 yrs old)

Room Tip: we did ask for superior room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mariemcaulay

Dear Mariem,
I am truly thankful to you for the positive review and for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers, particularly for the service and the position.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We were just winding up our fun whirlwind trip in Europe, it was so nice to end it on such a high note. The hotel Dei Consoli was very comfortable. The roof top breakfast was really nice. It had a great variety of pastries, scrambled eggs and such... Oh yes, American coffee or cappuccinos if you wish.
Perfectly situated hotel near the Vatican. We were able to walk there in just a few minutes. Restaurants were all over the place.
The desk staff was very helpful with our plans on touring this incredible city. Samuel would share items of interest plus ways to save money. Fabrizio not only told us of some good restaurants, but he also shared how he liked the Detroit Tigers because he used to watch Magnum PI and Tom Selleck was a Tiger fan. There was also a man who served breakfast, but I forget his name, he was such a nice person and helpful with local info as well. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a smaller room, but apparently you can request a larger room if you desire.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blucyclone

Dear Client,
I am truly thankful to you for your recommendation of Hotel dei Consoli to all travellers, particularly for its comfort, the roof top and the staff. We are proud to have made your vacation pleasant.
Hope to have you again at Hotel dei Consoli. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to offer you and your Family/Friends a welcome drink.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My friend and I travelled to Rome for the first time on the 16th March and stayed 5 nights at this lovely hotel, which is situated very close to the Vatican. The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable and the buffet breakfast, which is served on the roof terrace, is delicious. With the help and support from Samuel and Fabrizio we were able to get around on the buses and the metro very easily. There are lots of restaurants in the vicinity. A stroll across the river takes you to places such as the Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. We would certainly recommend that you book online in advance of your trip to visit the Vatican and also the Colosseum. It saves queuing. We would definitely stay at this hotel again when staying in Rome.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HampshireMaz

Dear Client,
I am so proud that you have appreciated your stay at Hotel dei Consoli and particularly the cleaneless, the comfort, the Terrace and the breakfast.
Thank you very much for recommending the Hotel dei Consoli to other travelers. So I am looking forward to having you once again at my Hotel. Please, next time, contact us directly and it will be my pleasure to meet you and to welcome you and your Family/Friends with your preferred drink.