“Worth the price”

Priscilla Hotel
Ranked #1,040 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
“Worth the price”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Its was wonderful,the breakfast was good with no complaning,the service was great and the room was great for the price, thay have a bus station close to the entrance and thay resterunt was great and not expensive at all

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank natanel80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is quite old and in desperate need of updating but the staff are fantastic ! Had an incident where a bag was stolen from the hotel reception and the hotel took complete responsibilty for it. They paid for missed trains (320 euro) taxi's to and from the Australian embassy and a transfer to the train station. The Staff did everything in there power to help locate the missing bag. At one point there was no staff left in the hotel because they were all on the streets looking for the missing bag.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa K
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Good location, clean and comfortable but room is a little small.
Staff if very nice, helpful and welcoming.
The only detail I didn't like was a very very small shower stall.
Free good breakfast in their lower level restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hugo H
Richmond, VA
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Avoid this hotel at all cost. It is a half star hotel at best. Staff: RUDE-especially the woman--she does not have a customer service bone in her entire body. Not a one. Beds: Clean sheets but the sidewalks would have been far more comfortable. Bathrooms: Clean but in the first room we were assigned, it was hardly bigger than the toilet. Walls: Full of mold. Spotted like a Dalmatian. Ripped wall paper with black marks all over. Carpet: Old, dirty and smells. No room safe. A/C: works in some rooms, not in others. WIFI: They say it is in the rooms but it is only in the lobby. When you sit in the lobby to use the WIFI, you realize that it is hot as HADES. We were given a room that smelled SOOOOOOOO bad, it made my stomach turn over. I asked for a different room and the woman (RUDE, as noted above) said there was nothing available. I tried to seep there, and was getting sick, so I went down after midnight and said that I was paying to be in the hotel and needed a place where I could sleep. I was again told there was no room (huge argument), so I tried to sleep in lobby. Lobby was sweltering, so I packed a bag to go find another hotel. The desk clerk then gave me a single room to sleep in. The room was 4 by 8. It smelled so bad of cigarettes, I am sure I lost several months off my life inhaling the air. As I laid on the rock hard bed with white sheets, I was envisioning myself inside of a rolled up cigarette. I left the window open for a while, but then thought that the pigeons would be the first to enter in the morning, so I had to close them. Worst night ever. They did switch my room the next day, and that room was renovated and was better. By better, I mean, no smell and an A/C that worked. Avoid the stress. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank thegoldenmother

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Toronto, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had booked for 4 nights in June 2013. We arrived around 9pm from our flight and were informed that the hotel was having water issues and that we were to stay in another hotel down the road for one night. Tired after our flight we attempted to find our way in the dark to the other hotel with our bags. We found it eventually, but it wasn't the best start to our stay. When we returned to the Priscilla the room was sizeable but dated. Breakfast wasn't inspiring (although this was consistent throughout Italy). The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the closest metro. It was a little removed from the main centre of Rome and a bit of walking is definitely required. Overall, the room and service was adequate, but marred somewhat by having to relocate in the dark on our first night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in room 134, it was on non-street side of the hotel. definatly reccomend this room if staying longer then a night. room is larger then most, bathroom is nice. Stayed in room 155 as we were passing back through rome for 1 night, and it was not as nice, A/C wasn't working and was on the street side of the hotel.
It was definatly not a hotel that I expected if you are expecting something like a courtyard by marriott this is definatly not it. It worked for us, though and we were happy with our choice for the price. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean though outdated.

it is quite a walk from everything but we enjoy walking.

Room Tip: ask for a room non street side if staying longer then one night and not used to city noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The room, although sufficient, was a little less standard than some of the other 3 stars we stayed in.
It was a good walk to borghese park and the spanish steps. The train station was also about 15 mins away.
Staff were helpful, though the lady might learn how to smile.
No one to help get your bags up the flight of stairs into the hotel (or down them at the end), and you will probably find that your transfer driver won't either!
I am sure that there is a better place to stay!

Room Tip: Pick a lower floor....we were on 3rd level and that lift was scary (though unique olde world lol)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple