Princess Hotel
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
$173
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to Rome on October, 2012. We stayed at Princess Hotel for 3 nights. The hotel was an excelent deal. The localization is not in the Rome historic center, but we didn't have any problem about it. We could walk to the Vatican and city center easily.
The staff was gentle and helpful.
The hotel has a great cost benefit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolPedral
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went to Rome with my family and my travel agency booked the hotel as it is a 4 star hotel, but it was so disappointing. The front desk personell was not very friendly and they had a discussion with our tour guide simply because they were not ready to handover the rooms immediately just because they had no preparation of the paperwork.

The room that was allocated to us was really awful. We were prepared for a small room, but the room was really dirty and after opening the door, the dust was spread in the air. The room was not clear and nobody even cared to refresh the air inside. We had to open the windows immediately, but the window was nearly stuck and could be opened by using serious force with noise and the feeling that it can just break up. My wife and daughter could neither open nor close the windows.

The AC is an ancient one, half inside the room, half outside and working with too much noise, it was impractical to open it when you are in the room. The furniture, bed and carpets wre really old, but it was not a problem for me. The problem was the feeling that nothing was clean. The walls are really thin and you can easily hear your neighbors talking to each other. You have to be lucky to be able to fall asleep when your neighbors are awake and having a conversaiton.

We were lucky to have a room at 2nd floor, but other friends had to stay in rooms at -1st floor and they had serious problems and complaints.

The hotel is not having a dinner service!!! It is the first time I heard about a hotel without dinner.. We do not have high expectations for breakfast, but we simply had no alternatives and the it was really poor.

The hotel is away to city center and 15 minutes walk to subway station.

The service you get does not compare to 4 stars and Ihave been toı many hotels in Europe with 3 stars and far far better than this hotel. I would recommend that you stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cunal
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is very large with about 1000 rooms, all of which appear to be a generous size, neat and functional with reasonable bathrooms.

One of the down sides is that they do not have many plugs in the room. Apart from the TV we could only find one other. Another is the fact that it is a long way from the centre of Rome and costs between €20 -25 for a taxi.

It has free WIFI throughout the hotel but can be a bit iffy in the rooms at times depending on the number of people trying to log on.

Breakfast is OK but the restaurant for evening meals is not so good. The staff will recommend a number of restaurants nearby which provide good quality food within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: You have to take pot luck!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arthur V
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We also stayed here for two nights during a Cosmos tour. This hotel was just ok. There was nothing majorly wrong. The hotel looked old and everything was outdated but the room was clean and quiet. The room was furnished with the basics, bed, TV, bathroom, nothing fancy. The location of this hotel was not good, but only 5 minutes from the train station and €20 for a cab to the center of Rome. If you want something in Rome where you can walk out of your hotel and see the city, I wouldn't stay here. There is no restaurant in this hotel, only food for breakfast or a very tiny bar if you want a drink. The front desk staff was friendly and the room seemed clean. If you are looking for a basic hotel just to sleep in, the Princess will work for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GinaMarina0503
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was the last hotel I stayed at while on a Cosmos tour of Italy. My room was fine, the bathroom was large, but I couldn't turn on the shower and had to settle for a bath. Wi-fi was free, but it wasn't working the night I was there. I had 2 twin beds in a single room, everything felt clean. Breakfast for the tour group in the morning was the usual continental fare, perfectly acceptable The staff was also courteous. But, I must say, I sat for a few minutes on a couch in the lobby, near the entrance to the hotel, and I was eaten alive! The person I was sitting next to saw the welts suddenly appearing on my arms and ankles--I had to get off that couch and out of that lobby pronto! If anything in my room had been biting me the way whatever was in that couch was biting me, I'd have been shouting in my broken Italian at the front desk! Overall, though, the hotel seemed okay, it was the neighborhood that appeared rather iffy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo