“Nice Place”

Ranked #204 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Place”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Did book this hotel after reading reviews from Trip advisor but was not very impressed. This could be because I booked the wrong room, the bathroom was 5 meters away in a lobby and thats not too good but thats my fault; please avoid booking that room. The breakfast wasn't good at all with very basic things to eat and I am a non vegetarian so there was no restriction but choice was very limited. There was just one toaster and so you had to queue to get a slice toasted. The bathroom had no shampoo or bathing soap. Tight corridors and very small bathroom.

Some good points -
The location is good as its less than 10mins walk from Trevi Fountain and not very far away from other places. The people at reception were very helpful and forthcoming trying to arrange everything possible. The locker facility was in the room so that was good.

Overall an OK place to stay if you are tight on budget .

Room Tip: Don't book the room with toilet outside, its not a very comfortable arrangement as the bathroom...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

this hotel is centrally located and the staff is great. the hotel is very clean and it has a beautiful bathroom. the breakfast was very good and it just had a great vibe to it. i definately recommend this hotel especially for families!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Odessa, Ukraine
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited 4 cities of Italy- me, my husband and 2 years old daughter.In hotel Hiberia, Rome we have met the most friendly attitude of stuff, always helpfull and smiling.Hotel is comfortable and meets it 3 star evaluation confidently.Location is perfect for Rome- all places of interests are very close, no need to take to somewere any transport, important when travelling everywere with baby roller.Inspite of dificalties with visiting memorials with small baby we have outprodused our limits with the help of the grate hotels location. Room was quite big and nice view to antic Rome. One thing was ununderstandable- shower stall without any doors.It was just shower on the floor surrounded by curtains cause it was west all the time and slimmy- quite dangerous for baby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stanovaya
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights on our first trip to Rome. It was the perfect location for getting to all the key parts of Rome, 10 minute walk from the Colosseum. The staff were extremely helpful in explaining how we could get around Rome easily. The room was nice and the safety deposit box was a bonus. Breakfast wasn't much, quite plain as expected in Rome, but enough for what you needed. Would stay there again on a return to Rome. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here over ten times and I always look forward to coming back. Nice boutique hotel in a great location. Friendly and helpful staff. It is very well priced for a hotel in this part of Roma. I have referred many friends who feel the same as me about their experience at the Hiberia. Try the Santa Cristina Restaurant in the alley behind the hotel. One of my favorites in Roma.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peppi26
Larnaca, Cyprus
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Excellent location, clean room and the staff were very friendly. We went on our honeymoon in February and it was unforgettable!!! I highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast was good too. Definetely recommend hotel hiberia and would love to stay there again!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great hotel with the best location...we walked to everything on the tourist maps.
Rooms and shower are euro-style small but beautiful and clean.
Service was .... Well there's no words for it. I wish I could remember the gents name, but we were always greeted with a smile, drink at the bar and any help we could ask for. Upon our leaving Rome, when I got to the train station I realized I had forgotten a luggage at the hotel, containing many valuables. So stressed, with no time to go back before the train, as I was with family and couldn't wait for the next train, our friend with the hotel drove my bag to the train station and found me right at my platform. I couldn't thank him enough as I was in tears with disbelief. An experience like that is why I will stay there again and again when in Rome.

• Stayed August 2011