“Perfect location!”
Review of Hotel Hiberia

Hotel Hiberia
Ranked #190 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights on our first trip to Rome. It was the perfect location for getting to all the key parts of Rome, 10 minute walk from the Colosseum. The staff were extremely helpful in explaining how we could get around Rome easily. The room was nice and the safety deposit box was a bonus. Breakfast wasn't much, quite plain as expected in Rome, but enough for what you needed. Would stay there again on a return to Rome. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hiberia

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed here over ten times and I always look forward to coming back. Nice boutique hotel in a great location. Friendly and helpful staff. It is very well priced for a hotel in this part of Roma. I have referred many friends who feel the same as me about their experience at the Hiberia. Try the Santa Cristina Restaurant in the alley behind the hotel. One of my favorites in Roma.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peppi26
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Excellent location, clean room and the staff were very friendly. We went on our honeymoon in February and it was unforgettable!!! I highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast was good too. Definetely recommend hotel hiberia and would love to stay there again!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great hotel with the best location...we walked to everything on the tourist maps.
Rooms and shower are euro-style small but beautiful and clean.
Service was .... Well there's no words for it. I wish I could remember the gents name, but we were always greeted with a smile, drink at the bar and any help we could ask for. Upon our leaving Rome, when I got to the train station I realized I had forgotten a luggage at the hotel, containing many valuables. So stressed, with no time to go back before the train, as I was with family and couldn't wait for the next train, our friend with the hotel drove my bag to the train station and found me right at my platform. I couldn't thank him enough as I was in tears with disbelief. An experience like that is why I will stay there again and again when in Rome.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here 17th to 19th July 2012, we couldn't recommend more highly, excellent value for money and perfect location to walk anywhere!

Joseph on front desk was impeccable with his service and anything we needed to ask he was always happy to help.

Wall to Trevi fountain 15mins Spanish steps a further 10, in opposite direction from hotel the coliseum was 20-30 mins, the Vatican roughly 50 mins, but you could also easily catch the number 40 bus from just around the corner.

Rooms cleaned and towels replaced even though we only stayed two nights. Breakfast covered all standard options, croissant, eggs. Ham cheese bread fruit yogurt jams cereal sausage and bacon! Delicious.

1  Thank kenya2007
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel hiberia for 1 week in july. It was great, the location, the staff, the bar prices, the room was above average, plenty of storage space,a safe, a tv, a mini fridge and a bathroom and on the subject of the bathroom on my first hour in the hotel i decieded to take a shower as i sat down on corner seat in side it, the plastic went in my thigh then got caught between the seat edge and the top part you sit on which teared a big chunk of my skin off which bled for a good 1 hour. I didn't mention this to the hotel as the damage was done, i just avoided the seat for the next week. The shower was rather small but hey for the price your paying the room was 5* standard. You can't expect anything more. The staff were great. Receptionist's are there 24/7 all happy to help and after reading reviews about that i took full advantage to make my trip to rome the best it could be. Whether asking about resturants, quickest route to etc; colosseum, trevi fountain, villa borghese. The breakfast, i suppose for the price youre paying you don't expect perfection and yes the first 3 days were fine but it got rather boring, same food everyday, toast, croissants, two cereal types, cocopops and cornflakes. The hot food was Scrambled egg, sausage, bacon and a boiled egg. There was a variation in yoghurts, there were 3 juices, grapefruit, pineapple and orange which were very odd tasting but i had juice everyday as there was no other option. Of course there was tea and coffee machines but it would of been nice to get a real italian coffee not a machine made one. There was also cheese (1) and antipasti (3). The hotels mini fridge was an acceptable price, but across the road you could by cans of pop for 70¢ cheaper (€1:30),we would drink from the fridge then refill from across the road before the cleaners show up at 12 at which by then you are long gone exploring. My only thing i was upset about with the hotel was that we purchased A Litre glass coke bottle as a souvenier which cost we 7 euros only to find that the cleaner 'cleaned' it up and it was gone, when i called reception i was told they would call me back asap. 20 minutes later nothing and as i passed reception there was no Acknowledgement, as if i dreamt making the call. I am not the type to complain so i didnt ask again and nothing was ever done about it and as it was my last day i could not get that souvenier again before we left. On the subject of souveniers, the one across for the hotel directly, was the cheapest in all of rome, you can get cheaper fridge magnets but everything else in there was at least a euro cheaper! i recommend learning whats in there so you dont buy it somewhere else as you will end up with unessacary spending. and 2 doors down from the shop is a 'super shop' tiny shop it may be but the cheapest cans of pop in all of rome and we had a weeks worth of meandering.
Overall what a great hotel. The location and staff make it a pleasure to stay in and yes i would go back to this hotel and recommend it to you!

1  Thank Lee F
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We booked this hotel based on trip advisor comments. It did not disappoint!! The front desk staff were always eager to help and spoke amazing English!! They even suggested a route for us to walk on the first day. We walked everywhere in Rome except the Vatican city which is easily reached by train or bus. Breakfast was also good - fruit, cereal, toast, pastry, bacon, eggs etc. the location was perfect we thought between the trevi fountain and coliseum. Being youv travelers it was reassuring to know that the staff would be more then happy to answer any of our questions!! A lot of people we know who have stayed in Rome have had horrible service with very limited communication - this was not the case for us and would strongly recommend this hotel to family's, young travelers, mature travels and the like.

1  Thank megan r