Stayed here in November 2013 for 4 days. The rooms were large, well equipped and clean. The food was nice but basic. Unfortunately as a Coeliac, Italy wasn't geared to cater for non-pasta and pizza eating people but there were enough salads and risottos to go around! The hotel was located really close to the Termini so it was easy to get to from the airport (the Leonardo shuttle goes directly to Fiumincino airport from the Termini every half an hour). From the hotel you could easily walk to fantastic attractions like the Trevi Fountains and the Spanish Steps and with the metro a short walk away it was perfect for travelling to larger attractions like the Vatican and the Colosseum. This hotel was a perfect base for a short trip. Just bear in mind that the hotel restaurant is slightly pricier than other eateries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1875 the Hotel Massimo d’Azeglio has provided traditional hospitality to its numerous Italian and Foreign guests. Although through the years it has been refurbished many times the hotel has maintained its “turn of the century” character. Its halls, bar and restaurant house an important collection of paintings and prints of the Italian “Risorgimento”. The wood paneled Restaurant, with its famous wine cellar, is one of the best known in the city. The Massimo d’Azeglio Restaurant and Hotel has been included amongst the historic hotels of Italy. The Massimo d'Azeglio Hotel has 185 Rooms,3 Conference Rooms, Garage, Bar & Restaurant, Air Conditioning, TV Satellite, Minibar, Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Massimo D'Azeglio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Rome
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Hotel