While this is no boutique or design hotel, hotel massimo d'azeglio is very well located for the terminus leonardo train from FCO airport. This made my arrival
easy and hassle free. The lobby and interior is very traditional and harks back in places to the hotels '40s heyday. Old school phones, red velvet sofas and a penguin dressed bartender all add to the 'charm' of the hotel.
That being said the hotel is a little rough around the edges, it feels a little list lost between the traditional and a dated 90's hotel. But if like most visitors to Rome you're here for the sights, then you may consider this unimportant and little more than a base or pad for your trip, in which case the hotel ticks all the boxes.
Rooms are clean and comfortable if a little small. The bathroom was adequate but nothing to write home about. In room safe and Free wifi is available throughout the hotel and worked even in our room. So overall the stay was quite pleasant.
Would I reccomend it for short stay tourists and business travellers? yes. For a couple of days it was fine, but if you're on a romantic trip and this is your first visit to Rome you might want to shop around. Our first trip to Rome a few years back was to the Daphne Inn hotel near Barberini and this was probably better suited to a couples break in Rome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1875 the Hotel Massimo d’Azeglio has provided traditional hospitality to its numerous Italian and Foreign guests. Although through the years it has been refurbished many times the hotel has maintained its “turn of the century” character. Its halls, bar and restaurant house an important collection of paintings and prints of the Italian “Risorgimento”. The wood paneled Restaurant, with its famous wine cellar, is one of the best known in the city. The Massimo d’Azeglio Restaurant and Hotel has been included amongst the historic hotels of Italy. The Massimo d'Azeglio Hotel has 185 Rooms,3 Conference Rooms, Garage, Bar & Restaurant, Air Conditioning, TV Satellite, Minibar, Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bettoja Hotel Massimo D'Azeglio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Rome
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Hotel