Found the hotel to be a good value. Though not overly spacious, the room was adequate and clean. We were on the fourth floor and there was no noise from the street. The air conditioning worked well which was a blessing since it was over 100 degrees F. every day we were there. The breakfast was OK, though nothing special. The breakfast room could get a little crowded. Still, the "free" breakfast allows one to save a little money on food. There are some good restaurants nearby. The hotel can make recommendations. The staff was accommodating. There are two computers near the front desk where one can have access to the internet. The sister hotel, directly across the street, has a wonderful roof-top bar where one can go in the evening, and from a tenth-floor vantage point, look out over the city. Some evenings there is a piano player and singer. Be sure to check this out. It's open at least until midnight, maybe later. On our last day there, we asked the front desk to order a taxi to take us to the airport. I don't know if this was a special deal, but what arrived was a shiny black Mercedes that cost about five euros more than the standard posted taxi rate. I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1875 the Hotel Massimo d’Azeglio has provided traditional hospitality to its numerous Italian and Foreign guests. Although through the years it has been refurbished many times the hotel has maintained its “turn of the century” character. Its halls, bar and restaurant house an important collection of paintings and prints of the Italian “Risorgimento”. The wood paneled Restaurant, with its famous wine cellar, is one of the best known in the city. The Massimo d’Azeglio Restaurant and Hotel has been included amongst the historic hotels of Italy. The Massimo d'Azeglio Hotel has 185 Rooms,3 Conference Rooms, Garage, Bar & Restaurant, Air Conditioning, TV Satellite, Minibar, Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bettoja Massimo D'Azeglio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Rome
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Hotel