“A true 5 stars?!? YES, it's a Sofitel!”

Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese
Ranked #88 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There's something I've learnt with time..."you will never be disappointed in booking a Sofitel". Time is passing and this sentence keeps meaning something to me. Definitely Sofitel Villa Borghese was a fantastic experience: Top Service, Design, Breakfast, Rooftop, Rooms (although the Bathroom is a bit small!)...you are in a Sofitel and you know it! Yes, but still with Roman Style! Plus, you're 5 minutes away from Spanish Steps, and 10 minutes away from Vatican. What else do you want?! I definitely won't search anywhere else to go while I'm in Rome.

Room Tip: Few rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was truly glad to hear about your great experience at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese!

It is always a pleasure to hear how happy are our guests when they stay with us and I really appreciate your comment In could not feel prouder of my whole Ambassadors when reading your feedback. It is such a praise to our high standards of service.

Indeed we are centrally located yet on the quiet Via Lombardia street which is an asset after a busy shopping day in Rome.
I am also very happy that you experienced our Terrasse and louge bar and appreciated the quality of the service and the beautiful view.

Myself and all the Ambassadors will be very glad to welcoming you one more time in the next future.

Laurent Hudry

Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Sofitel is located within walking distance of the Spanish steps, and trevi fountain. The hotel is friendly and has a nice roof top bar for a drink as the sun goes down. Several nearby restaurants
Our room was generous in size with a nice side enclosed balcony. It over looked a park that was not that pretty really.

Room Tip: High is always better for a cool breeze. Ask for a room facing the street rather than the park
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese during your last trip in the "Eternal City".
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I thank you for noticing the friendliness and courtesy of the Ambassadors working at the hotel.
We try and provide an excellent service to all of our guests and I thank you for pointing this out in your comment.

I am as well very glad to read that you enjoyed and appreciated the breathtaking view of the rooftop restaurant.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you in the very next future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Super helpful, met us at airport arranged best private tours I've ever had. Pricey. Great roof top view. Well done rooms.
The staff makes it. Walking distance to many great restaurants .

You will not be disappointed in this small quiet hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese on your last visit to the “Eternal City”.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

We share all the feedback with all the Ambassadors that you found very helpful and nice, such feedbacks will help them in motivation and recognition.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Rome.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I love this hotel. I stayed here with my daughter in 1990 when it was a Pullman Hotel. What a change! Our room was beautifully decorated, and well thought out. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and as my husband says, "I travel by bed". I do lots of research before I take a trip so that I can avoid having sleepless nights on hard beds. I also love the new bar and restaurant on the roof of the hotel. What a view! Rome is a gorgeous city, and the rooftop is a great place to take it all in, while enjoying a drink, or a complete meal. Service throughout the hotel was excellent too. My husband and I have stayed in a lot of Roman hotels since 1990, but this will be our future address whenever we visit Rome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you came to visit the Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese after so many years and that you had a wonderful stay with us and thank you very much for the positive review of our hotel.

We put a lot into satisfying all of our guests and we do it in a genuine way.
I am glad to hear that once again Sofitel Luxury Hotels has achieved its goal in taking you to sleep like onto fluffy clouds. MyBed is truly unique. Did you know that you can purchase it online for your home? Or you can just come back to Rome and sleep at the Sofitel!

I really look forward to welcoming you on our hotel very soon and hope that your stay will be pleasant and comfortable as that one.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here during our recent visit to Rome. The staff is friendly, helpful and aims to please. They go out of their way to please you and they do it with a smile. The rooms are lavishly appointed although they are small. Sofitel is in a great location easily accessible to all of the fabulous sights of Rome. We had them arrange our ride from the airport which worked out perfectly! They also arranged for a horse and carriage ride through the city. We had the 'magnificent" breakfast which was plentiful and delicious. One of the best aspects of the hotel was the rooftop terrace. The views of Rome are spectacular! I would stay here again when in Rome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VIvian666
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese and thank you very much for the positive review of our hotel.

Thank you as well for the nice remarks about the Ambassords for their efficiency, professionalism and smiles!
I could not feel prouder of my whole team. It is such a praise to our high standards of service. Thank you so much for mentioning it.

The La Terrasse Cuisine & Lounge team and I are very thankful to your excellent feedback. You have made their day! Indeed they have a true passion for their work and guests, as we all do at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese. Your words have served as an encouragement to keep on providing such high standard of services.

I really that we can have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel very soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

From the off, this 5-star hotel was friendly and helpful. It's style is traditional but without being chintzy. We booked a luxury room which was a good size, had a nice view and most importantly had superb air-conditioning. You couldn't ask for a more comfortable bed.

The only slight disappointment was the roof terrace lounge. Whilst the view was very good, the terrace area itself is in fact quite small and I should mention the attitude of the staff in the bar ranged from good to downright rude and unhelpful (such contrast to all the staff in the rest of the hotel)

Location-wise, the Sofitel is in a good location - though a small heads up to older travellers. It is an easy walk from the hotel to the Spanish steps and the Trevi Fountain and beyond, but the hotel is at the top of a hill, so at the end of a sightseeing day you may dislike the incline at the end of the day. Overall I would happy go back here and would recommend it to friends!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blondsteve

Dear Sir,

We are honored you chose the Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese for your stay in the “Eternal City”!

We thank you for taking time to report your comments about your good experience with us.
We are always attaching high importance to hear about our guests’ experiences during their stay in our hotel. It helps us to better understand our gusests’ wishes and to constantly improve what we are offering.

We thank for your pointing out many of our assets here at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese. The central yet quiet location is one of them but the one we are the most proud of is our high standard of services.

We apologize if you found that the service at the Terrasse was not so good and pleasant as the rests of the services in the hotel. We have taken good note of your comment and the right measure to improve the quality will be taken.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in a near future.

Genereal Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I Love Rome and I loved this Hotel. The Hotel is centrally located within easy reach of all the main attractions - it took about 10 minutes to walk to The Spanish Steps. The Trevi Fountain and many other attractions are all within easy reach.
Hotel is very clean, luxurious, elegant, modern yet with the twist of beautiful pieces of antiques and lovely photos/pictures throughout the hotel. The view from the rooftop restaurant taking in Rome was fabulous as was the food - the furnishings and colour scheme lovely. Room was beautiful although not has large has rooms in USA, all furnishings were elegant, room service quick and efficient. Nothing was too much problem - lost my key to my padlock on my suitcase, within minutes someone appeared and cut the lock & all was well.
All of the staff were so friendly & helpful & I would return in a heart beat.
Shopping was soooo great, for the shoppers out there bring less in your case so u can bag some bargains - they actually discount some clothes by more than 50% off the rail, rather than bringing in sale items. Remember travel companies would love to charge you for over weight - do not give them the opportunity bring less and buy more lol.

Thank you all at the Sofitel for a lovely stay, doorman with a smile - keep smiling :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LornaDavis
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese on your visit to the “Eternal City”.

I are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We thank you for the positive review of our hotel.

I will share all the feedback with the whole hotel Ambassadors and such feedbacks help in their motivation and recognition.
Thank you for pointing out the good location,the very central and comfortable and to underline the efficency of the whole personnel.

We hope tohave the pleasure to welcoming you again on your next visit to Rome.