2,507 results
All reviewsvia venetospanish stepsrooftop restaurantvilla borghesela terrasseluxury roomtop floortrevi fountainbeautiful hotelquiet streetfive star hotelour honeymoonst peterslocation is excellentvatican citypastriesconcierge
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights for business trip and was blown away by the excellent service of all the staff. It's the little details that count, and when the staff remember what you ordered for breakfast, it makes an impression. Rooms were well appointed and very quiet. The beds were extremely comfortable. I would not hesitate in recommending to stay here.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Sir,

We are honored you chose the Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese for your stay in the “Eternal City".

Our commitment is to provide you with impeccable standards and the greatest comfort possible. Each guest’s visit should be an unforgettable experience.

We thank you for taking time to share your impressions with us. We are always attaching high importance to the details and we are proud to hear that you apreciate the efforts of all our Ambassadors.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in a near future and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards,
Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Having stayed at several Sofitel properties in the past, Paris, Montreal, New York, Washington, we were expect the same levels of service. We were pleasantly surprised to find the Sofitel Rome reached a new and greater level of excellence. My wife and I were treated to the most outstanding level of services. From the doorman who was curteous helpful and friendly to the front desk staff who were very engaging and pleasant to the staff at the restaurant who took care of our every lunch and dinner wants.The room was a Sofitel standard, you could need nothing ellse or want anything more. We were so impressed that we will be back in March for our anniversary. Rome, in the spring with dinner looking over the Vatican...It does not get any more romantic. Maybe I will ask her to marry me again...Thank you so very much.......

Room Tip: ask for the rooms facing the Villa Borghese park
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom C
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you and your wife had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese.

It was nice to hear this kind of comments from you, they will serve as an encouragement to all of our ambassadors (the doorman, the fronk desk and all the restaurant ambassadors)as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our servicesand keep very hig the level of service of our chain. It is such a praise to our high standards of service. Thank you so much for mentioning it.

I am happy to read that you and your wife felt like special guests in our hotel and we hope to be able to meet and exceed your expectation one more time for your next special occasion in March. In this period of the year Rome is really wonderful and our Terrasse for sure could offer you a very romantic atmoshpere for your romantic event.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed for two nights in this hotel, during a weekend trip to Roma.

LOCATION

The hotel is situated in a quiet area, overlooking the villa Borghese park, and situated about 7-8 minutes from the top of the Spanish steps. Not the most central location, but with a taxi, you can easily get to any part of the city pretty fast and by walking, you are a few minutes away from major sites such as the Trevi Fountain, the via Condotti and a bit further away, the Pantheon.

AMBIENCE

The hotel is located in a beautiful traditional roman building, and the interior is tastefully, yet contemporarily decorated in shades of dark purple, grey and beige. On the walls, there are gorgeous pictures of italian movie stars, very dolce vita. In the downstairs bar, an open fire welcomes you to simply lounge there and enjoy the atmosphere. On the top floor, there is also a very nice bar, with lovely views of the city. It is a very nice place to enjoy a glass of wine gazing out at the Vatican on the horizon.

ROOM

We chose a superior room, and I was absolutely delighted to have a renovated room, in the same type of contemporary style as the lobby. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large, decorated in typical roman style, which I found a bit at odds with the style of the room, but I usually prefer a more modern look. Nevertheless, it goes well with the building and it reminds you that you indeed are in Rome. We had a room overlooking the park, so rather quiet in terms of traffic, however, you can hear very clearly people in the hallway, or in the next rooms. There is a lot of closet space, and plenty of drawers to get totally comfortable. One major drawback is the internet. You get complimentary internet for one device only, but the quality is so poor, it is hardly usable. Although the signal was strong, it took ages to do a simple web search and we would not stay in this hotel for business just for this reason.

BREAKFAST

Not included in our room, therefore I cannot comment.

SERVICE

Excellent service, with a particular nod to the older gentleman who was tending to the entrance. Throughout our stay, he was always extremely nice and polite, and made us feel right at home, making light conversation and generally being very attentive to us. Staff at the reception was also very helpful and agreeable. One glitch though… On our second night, we were relaxing in our room when the doorbell rang at around 6.30. It was the lady coming for the turndown service. I answered the door and asked her to kindly come back later, as we were going to leave in the next half hour. She basically shoved the sweets in my hand and left, never coming back for the turndown service. We felt that this was not up to the standard of the hotel.

VALUE

Being in Rome during the low season, the price was very reasonable and well worth it.

IN SUM

Luxurious, yet affordable, the Sofitel is a very good choice for travelers who want to find a comfortable bed in a lovely setting at the end of a tiring day!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jewels_gva
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese for your week end trip to the “Eternal City”.
It is so pleasant to read such positive feedbacks as yours. Thank you for your positive and precise comments!

As a matter of fact our daily main aim is to make our guests happy and we genuinely put a lot into it to provide the highest standard of services. I am most thankful to you for your kind words which are a true encouragement for the whole ambassadors.

I thank for your pointing out many of our assets here at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese. The central yet quiet location,few minutes form the main ciy attractions(Spanish steps, Trevi fountain etc...) is one of them but the one we are the most proud of is our high standard of services. I am glad to hear that once again Sofitel Luxury Hotels has achieved its goal in taking you to sleep like onto fluffy clouds. MyBed is truly unique. You as well appreciated the renovated style of the room and of the lobby and it is very important for us.

For what concerns the small inconvenience with the houseking service, we can image that it was a clearly situation of misunderstanding and for this we apologize and we are sure of your comprehension.

Once again thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese.

Best regards

Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese

Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was good experienced as I choose A right hotel to stay during a business trip, The most thing is customer services which was great, also a room was clean and peachful so I can do my job during a night, Food was good, This hotel make a first impression for me, I dont really see nowaday that staff are look after guest and take care guest but this hotel they do, Thank you for all staff at The Sofitel to look after me very well

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese during your business trip in Rome last December.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours!

As a matter of fact our daily main aim is to ook after our guests and make them happy and we genuinely put a lot into it to provide the highest standard of services. I am most thankful to you for your kind words which are a true encouragement for the whole ambassadors who work every day very hard to reach this goal.

Indeed we are centrally located yet on the quiet Via Lombardia street which is an asset after a busy day of business and you had the chance to personally test it.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in near future also for leisure trip!

Kind regards

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Disagree with the poster about the Concierge. Augustino Cita is an extremely nice man who always goes out of his way to be helpful. I have stayed at the hotel many times and he is one of the reasons I continue to go back. Simply put one of the best. Theresa, (guessing on the name) the manager, is also very kind and helpful.

In fact I found the entire staff to be very professional and hardworking.

I do have some advice for the General Manager:
1) Don't book rooms that are in a state of renovation. Take them offline until they are fixed or refurbished.
2) Find a way to clean the anti skid marks in the tubs. Try powered bathroom cleaner.
3) Replace the plastic shades. Some of them are in very bad condition.
4) Repair water damage in the bathrooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to sincerely thank you for sharing and give us your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese. We would like to take the advantage to thank you as well to continue to choose our hotel for your visits in Rome!

I thank you for your comment on our chef concierge Agostino. It is extremely rewarding for him and for all the ambassadors that you found so professional and hardworking, to get such gratitude from our guests.We have a passion for all of our guests and cannot help indulging them. Our utmost reward is to hear our guests satisfaction. This is the reason whyall the ambassadors and I were so happy to read your kind words.

I thank oyu as well for all your precises comments about the bathroom, the shades and the room.
Your comment is very important for us to improve ourselves and we will keep your remarks in our mind.

We look forward to welcoming again in our hotel ery soon!

Best regards