“Wowww”

Ranked #79 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Wowww”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was good experienced as I choose A right hotel to stay during a business trip, The most thing is customer services which was great, also a room was clean and peachful so I can do my job during a night, Food was good, This hotel make a first impression for me, I dont really see nowaday that staff are look after guest and take care guest but this hotel they do, Thank you for all staff at The Sofitel to look after me very well

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert A
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese during your business trip in Rome last December.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours!

As a matter of fact our daily main aim is to ook after our guests and make them happy and we genuinely put a lot into it to provide the highest standard of services. I am most thankful to you for your kind words which are a true encouragement for the whole ambassadors who work every day very hard to reach this goal.

Indeed we are centrally located yet on the quiet Via Lombardia street which is an asset after a busy day of business and you had the chance to personally test it.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in near future also for leisure trip!

Kind regards

Laurent Hudry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Disagree with the poster about the Concierge. Augustino Cita is an extremely nice man who always goes out of his way to be helpful. I have stayed at the hotel many times and he is one of the reasons I continue to go back. Simply put one of the best. Theresa, (guessing on the name) the manager, is also very kind and helpful.

In fact I found the entire staff to be very professional and hardworking.

I do have some advice for the General Manager:
1) Don't book rooms that are in a state of renovation. Take them offline until they are fixed or refurbished.
2) Find a way to clean the anti skid marks in the tubs. Try powered bathroom cleaner.
3) Replace the plastic shades. Some of them are in very bad condition.
4) Repair water damage in the bathrooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to sincerely thank you for sharing and give us your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese. We would like to take the advantage to thank you as well to continue to choose our hotel for your visits in Rome!

I thank you for your comment on our chef concierge Agostino. It is extremely rewarding for him and for all the ambassadors that you found so professional and hardworking, to get such gratitude from our guests.We have a passion for all of our guests and cannot help indulging them. Our utmost reward is to hear our guests satisfaction. This is the reason whyall the ambassadors and I were so happy to read your kind words.

I thank oyu as well for all your precises comments about the bathroom, the shades and the room.
Your comment is very important for us to improve ourselves and we will keep your remarks in our mind.

We look forward to welcoming again in our hotel ery soon!

Best regards

Southampton
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I decided to organise our quarterly meeting at the Sofitel Rome following a competitive proposal from the hotel. We were all delighted and the quality of the service from the welcoming to the departure was impeccable. I have stayed in several sofitel throughout the world like paris, london, LA, washington, Xian etc... Rome is simply Sofitel at its best and faultless! I have to applaud the staff for an amazing people care. The Terrase cafe has a breathtaking view of Rome and the food is just Michelin style. There is nothing I can complain about Sofitel Rome. A special thank you to Agnes who was Responsable for our business reservation and welcome.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Pascal G
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was lovely to read such positive a feedback as yours. Your compliment of Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese being one of the greatest hotels is our utmost reward. Thank you!

I thank you also for mentioning Agnès. It is extremely rewarding for the team to get such gratitude from our guests.

We hope to see you in near future for your next meeting.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great 5 star hotel, great service friendly staff helped me get tickets to a local football game. Amazing rooftop view and bar, plentiful breakfast. Not far from tourist attractions such as Spanish steps, roman pantheon. Downside is very slow internet (unless you pay extra). Definatly worth the 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was lovely to read such positive a feedback as yours. Thank you!

We try and provide an excellent service to all of our guests and I thank you for pointing this out in your lines above. We will share your comments about the friendliness and efficency
of our ambassadors with all of them.

For the internet service, following our main goal to meet all the guests'desires we have the pleasure to offer the internet service free of charge until 256 mkb speed and a business center open 24 hours.

We then look forward to welcoming you back to our centrally located hotel.

Best regards

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

For the second year in a row, we spent a full week at this unique Sofitel property. Location, size, comfort, subtle mix of classic and contemporary design, every aspect should be noted, But above all, the real value-added of this hotel is the exceptional courtesy of the entire staff. As many have mentioned, the hotel should also be noted for its breakfast: whatever you fancy you can get and there is obviously a chef in the kitchen. Kudos for the staff that remembers your name and your preferred morning brew.
We have stayed both years in the same room (109): it starts showing age and one would expect that stains or paint chips that have been there for at least a year should have been fixed. Nothing major but just a tad below what should be expected from a hotel with so many other unique features.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lake_Echo_99
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for praising Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese! It is always a pleasure to hear how happy are our guests when they stay with us.

We put a lot into satisfying all of our guests and we do it in a genuine way.

The Executive Chef felt really proud when hearing that you have had such an enjoyable breakfast experience as he uses only the freshiest products on the market.

We then look forward to welcoming you back to our centrally located hotel.

Phila, PA
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of October. Very well located, and we had a beautiful room. 5 minutes walking to the Spanish Steps--great for walking to all the tourist sites and various neighborhoods in Rome. Beautiful rooftop deck/restaurant. Prices are what you would expect.

I would have given this hotel 5 stars if it weren't for the front desk staff. Do you know what I mean when I say they were just trying to hard to be a bit too high society? We are well traveled and have stayed in many 5 star hotels (and I am a travel agent)--but have never been treated with the condescending attitude that I experienced from one Agostino Cita--a concierge. We were weary of searching out our own restaurants and asked him for a recommendation for a reasonably priced place to eat dinner. I believe that I said we didn't really want to spend $150 for dinner that night. After browsing his "manual"--he looked up at me and informed me that we must spend that much to eat in the "good" restaurants in Rome. He then handed me a print out for 3 pizzerias in the neighborhood where he said we could get dinner for $20. I have never been so insulted at a hotel in all of my travels. Perhaps it was because I wasn't dressed in my Gucci or Prada--who knows. I am not easily offended--but I hat to say this guy almost made me cry.
The Intercontinental is steps away and every bit as nice. I have received only glowing reports from clients who stayed there. I seek out Sofitel hotels in my travels--but would not return to this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luv2travel93
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments as every guest impression is valuable.

We are pleased to hear that you particulary enjoyed the central location, the room's elegance, as well as the splendorous rooftop restaurant La Terrasse Cuisine & Lounge, overlooking the "Eternal City".

Indeed we are centrally located yet on the quiet Via Lombardia street which is an asset after a busy day of business or shopping in Rome.

We have a passion for all of our guests and cannot help indulging them. Our utmost reward is to hear our guests satisfaction. This is the reason why we are very surprise to read your words concerning our Concierge.

Please rest assured that our Concierge work with great passion and had absolutely no intention to insult you. We do apoligize if you had this feeling.

Our Concierge takes care to recommend restaurants according to the specific requirements of the host. All the restaurants that we recommend, from high cuisine to traditional cuisine, are all of great quality. We pay special attention into details and put a lot into satisfying all of our guests.

If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to h1312-dm@accor.com so I may address it with you directly.

Your comment is very important for us to improve ourselves.

Overall we hope you could keep a nice memory of your stay in Rome and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel.

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2013

They were really friendly!! I love the surprise when we arrive!! the guys at the entrance are amaizing!!!! Walking distance from all the major attractions, stunning roof top view and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerJn00
Sofitel_Rome, Manager at Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am most glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I thank you for mentioning the Doormen. It is extremely rewarding for our Ambassadors to get such gratitude from our guests.

We genuinely look after our guests and love to indulge them.

Thank you again for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards.