“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #199 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Laguna Woods, California
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were there for 4 nights following a cruise. We are Marriott elite members, and received a nice, upgraded room which had chic appointments, was very clean,and very little storage space. The Concierge help was inadequate.
The bed and bedding were wonderful.
The location is perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ZCAlady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

During a family trip to Rome in April 2014 we stayed for 4 nights at Boscolo Palace Roma, Autograph Collection. Prior to the trip I spent substantial time to evaluate where it would be best to stay so that I would be close to major tourist attractions, shops, restaurants etc. but at the same time I wanted to stay in a fresh, modern and stylish hotel. After evaluating pros and cons of multiple hotels in the center of Rome I decided to select the Boscolo Palace Roma, which is a five star hotel. I‘m very happy that I made that decision because the hotel is excellent and very well located for the needs of a tourist.

Prior to my arrival I contacted the concierge to ask for assistance with arranging private tourist guide. The concierge and his colleagues were really professional and helpful with assisting me with my inquiries. During my stay all the hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they provided us with perfect service.

The breakfast and restaurant area is very nicely decorated and the food is very good.

In my mind it is quite easy to walk around Rome and all of the sites can be reached by foot. The Spanish steps and Villa Borghese are very close by the hotel and for those that prefer using the subway there is a station close by.

I have only two recommendations for management to consider. Firstly, that the sink faucet in my room (#412) was rather stiff so it was kind of difficult to control the power of the water. I‘m sure it would have been fixed quickly if I had contacted reception but it was not a big of deal so I didn‘t bother. Secondly, since the room is so spacious it might be a good idea to add additional table in the room since there is always a lack of table space when travelling.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay at the Boscolo and when returning to Rome it will definitely be our first pick.

7 Thank Ice-traveller75
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Anyone who wants to travel to Rome, please use this hotel.! This is an extremely beautiful hotel, with class! The location is perfect and the staff are extremely friendly! I used the spa facilities and it was worth every cent! Ewlina gave me the best massage I've ever had and the lovely gentleman gave my wife a perfect massage also! This man working there, Vazyer I think is his name, is so friendly and goes the extra mile to make this time special, so Thank you! May I also say that the two gentlemen working on concierge outside the hotel are an asset to the hotel, very professional and always have a smile for you! I would highly recommend this hotel, I travel quite a lot and this was one of my favorite hotels!

Room Tip: Any room will do!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Darren D
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during April 2014.
The hotel location, in the center of the city is very convenient.
The room was very comfortable,
The hotel services were great.
The hotel Staff was very friendly and cooperative on every issue we asked for their help.
We highly recommend this hotel.

S and A

1 Thank shaimargolin
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is on Via Venetto right across from the American Embassy. We managed to walk there from the Termini Station but it was a bit of a walk. The hotel is clean and modern. Everyone was friendly and very helpful.

I stayed in room 403, which faced a quiet side street. Although the bed was initially made up as a king, housekeeping had no problems making it into two twins (we were 2 single ladies and wanted our own beds). The floor was marble. The room was spacious by European standards and it was in great shape. It was clean. It was quiet.

The bathroom was modern and also spacious. We had a big selection of shampoos, conditioners, lotions and mouthwash to choose from each day. There was plenty of water pressure and plenty of hot water. My friend is very high maintenance and even she approved of the hair dryer supplied with the room.

The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had everything from meats, cheeses, yogurt, cereal, freshly baked breads/croissants as well as hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausages. You can ask for cappuccino if you don't like the black coffee served in the carafe. We did not eat dinner at the hotel so I can't tell you about that.

The place not to be missed is the pool, which is located on -2 floor and in the spa. It is not huge but it was fantastic. 1/3 of the pool is the bubbly hot tub side, separated from the pool by a partial wall. Adjacent to the pool area is the sauna. The young man working at the spa was very helpful, making sure we had towels and that we knew where everything was. It was very relaxing after a long day of sightseeing,

The rate was a bit high (280 Euros/night) but it was Easter week! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a bad room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ScDGal2001
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spent last week a few days in Rome. Room was excellent, very clean, stylish, Shick. Bathroom was Great both in size and in quality.
We slept in the 5th floor, which I highly recommend if you visit in Spring/Summer. I was honored to sleep in Room 504, a corner room with a spactacular balcony.
But the most in this Great Hotel is service. A young team but experienced who tried to help us in any request, very efficient. Thanks to Giada, and the Team that arranged us a private tour in the Vatican, recommendations about Cafe, Bars, Opera...I apologize that I do not remember the other names but believe me they were very helpful.
Another Tip - ask to book the private luxury transport service, it worthes that (we enjoyed a brief sightseeing also)
Breakfast - is good, coffee is OK (Latte was the best among them) but you add a dish that you can choose from the Menu, that makes it interesting - and is a part of the Hotel theme - Service, Luxury, great atmosphere. A small hotel, but a real 5 stars with highly refurbished rooms.
Next time in Rome - We are coming back to Boscolo Palace.

Room Tip: Book a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gilkalderon
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here with our two children and had two adjoining rooms. The rooms were of good size, had very comfortable beds, but lacked storage for clothes and a comfortable chair to sit in. Given the size of the room, they could have definitely put a dresser and a comfy chair in the room. We hated living out of our luggage due to the lack of storage space. The bathrooms were modern with excellent water pressure in the shower. Again, in the bathrooms, there were no places to hang the towels so they ended up on the floor. The hotel was clean and the staff overall was friendly except for two front desk personnel who were snooty and inattentive. I wish I had noted their names.
The location was good; easy walk to most attractions, quick ride on the metro to the colosseo, and vatican. Also, very convenient to the Termini Station. Breakfast buffet was just so so, especially at 30-35 euros, I expected a bit more. But I did appreciate that the bar was open during the day so that I could stop in for a cup of tea.
It also has a spa with sauna and Roman bath. We didn't have the time to enjoy the spa, though.

• 3 of 5 bubbles