We are loyal Marriott Platinum members and chose this hotel over the Grand Flora for its charm and location.
- Excellent location, you can walk everywhere from here (Spanish steps and Trevi fountain are very close, in particular)
- Very close to the Barberini metro station (we only used this to get to/from Roma Termini and to get back from the Colosseum)
- Updated and modern, feels like a boutique hotel
- Nice, large rooms and updated bathrooms (no tub) -- much larger than the Boscolo Venezia
- Excellent breakfast buffet and hot menu items (the same offerings as the Boscolo Venezia) -- prosecco is always a nice touch
- Excellent, friendly service
- It's on a busy street and our room faced Via Veneto and all we heard were those annoying Italian sirens all night long... if soundproofing was addressed, this would be a 6 star hotel!
Check-in was easy, as Platinum members we were provided a welcome gift, upgraded to a suite (which was larger than our apartment: it had a living/dining area, separate kitchen, a nice large bathroom, large bedroom with a king bed and separate changing area, and two Juliette balconies), free wifi, and free breakfast.
Breakfast is excellent, good spread on the buffet, any kind of drink you would want for breakfast, and hot items from the menu were included (pancakes and poached eggs were our favorites).
An iron is not provided by default in the room, but it was brought up within minutes of our request.
- Eat at Baccano for dinner -- very good restaurant, close to Trevi fountain
- Eat at Cantina Lucifero for dinner -- very good restaurant, but quite a walk from the hotel
- Eat at Taverna Trilussa for a special dinner -- very good restaurant in the Trastevere area, need to take a taxi to/from here
- Grab a Panini from Duecentogradi after visiting the Vatican
- Shop Via del Corso -- affordable designer shops
- Free walking tours to Vatican and Colosseum - http://www.romefreewalkingtour.com/
If you can get a room that is not facing Via Veneto (or doesn't have any windows), or you are a very deep sleeper, I would recommend this hotel. But I can't see how anyone can sleep through those sirens... everything else about this hotel is marvelous.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Palace Roma Hotel Rome
- Boscolo Grand Palace Rome
- Hotel Boscolo Grand Palace