“aniversary vacations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #194 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
San Juan Metro Region, Puerto Rico
“aniversary vacations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I wish my name and my wife to express my deep appreciation for the excellent service and support provided by the staff of this Hotel. Mainly to the receiver lady, who very kindly helped me coordinate a transportation for us. thank you so much for making our Anniversary Vacations unforgettable.

Mr. & Mrs. Vidal

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed in Boscolo Palace Roma last week and really enjoyed it. The location is good - 10-15 minutes walk to the Spanish Steps and all the shops and main tourists attractions. The hotel is v. chic, staff is v. friendly and helpful, there is free WiFi and also guests can use Internet in the reception area.

There was an amazing choice of bath oils, shampoos and even mouth wash in the bathroom - have never seen anything like that in any hotel - picture attached!

Food is v. expensive though - a small cappuccino is 6 Euros, breakfast is 35 Euros. I had poached eggs with some steamed veggies, it was a small portion and cost 12 Euros so we tended to eat outside the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MargaretBuj
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night using points on an anniversary trip to Paris and Italy. It was a very chic hotel which usually isn't our style but were quite pleased with our stay there. It was convenient to some great restaurants as well as to some landmarks (Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps). The Metro was also a short walk away. We had a free breakfast in the lounge and it offered a great selection of food items including a hot menu. Service was great. My only complaint was that the wi fi was unreliable. The signal kept dropping every 5-10 minutes and I'd have to log back in again. Probably not a problem if on vacation but would be a nuisance on a business trip. This is the only negative thing I have to say about our stay and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sjo23
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

There should be a new classification awarded to this hotel because 5* does not do it justice! From the top (roof top terrace) to the bottom (luxury spa) this hotel oozed with sophistication and style. Plus, the location was perfect as it was roughly a 10 minute walk to the notorious Trevi Fountain.

The rooms were very spacious, clean and modern, but with a touch of authentic Italian style. The bathroom was reminiscent of the Roman baths with the mosaic tiling and the staff had provided various different toiletries to cater for all needs, along with a dressing gown and slippers, to accompany you on a trip to the spa. The spa was beautiful however, it was only available to us one out of the four days we stayed there and even then the pool was freezing cold. We had previously complained to the staff about the fact that they had chosen to clean the pool over three out of the four days we were staying at the hotel and so they allowed us access to the pool on the last day but the staff weren't able to actually heat the pool in time. This was very disheartening considering this was a key feature of the hotel but nevertheless we still jumped in! Therefore I would recommend that you find out when the spa will be cleaned prior to booking.

The food at the hotel was, as you can imagine, amazing but a one off as the price for breakfast alone was extortionate. The drinks were also quite pricey but the atmosphere on the roof top terrace was well worth a few extra euros. The terrace was perfect for unwinding after a long day of sightseeing! We would definitely go back but would first ensure that the pool would be available and also we'd make sure that we have plenty of money for an abundance of piña coladas on the terrace!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This is an above average hotel in a good location. Only drawbacks are room was very warm and food/drink ridiculously expensive. Need a mortgage for cup of coffee, although we got a free tiramisu and prosecco delivered to the room for the wife's birthday! Very friendly and helpful staff.

2 Thank itsgottobegood
Fiorentini_Andrea, Direttore at Grand Hotel Palace, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review.

We are truly glad to know that you enjoyed our gift. We usually provide a nice amenity to our valuable guests, above all for a special event. We use this occasion to inform you that since October 10th 2014 our hotel has become a Millennium property, therefore we would be really pleased to host you again for you to see all the improvements made.

Best Regards,
Andrea Fiorentini
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The overall experience, especially the first impressions is of style and 5 star service. It's certainly quite distinguished and dining in the breakfast rooms or being greeted by top hatted door men gives you the feeling of living in more graceful times. I think I had bad luck with room however as it was very small and overlooked and smelt of the restaurants and kitchen. In addition, the room was quite impractical - with no real usable desk and electric sockets which easily came lose from the wall - same for the phone who's cabling fell apart as soon as you picked it up. My colleagues raved about their rooms however and I was one of only a few who had issues. Breakfast was very limited although cheese and ham lovers will enjoy it. There is also prosecco available if you want an early morning bucks fizz. One pet hate was the lack of clear signage around the hotel. Meeting room was also quite uncomfortable. So all in all it has alot of promise but is probably better suited to couples on vacation rather than business folks who have little time to enjoy its quaintness. Staff were however very attentive and professional.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting your comment and sharing your experience with the other travelers.

We were disappointed to read that you were unhappy due to certain aspects of your stay. Since 10th October 2014, the hotel has become a Millennium & Copthorne property, and therefore we would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in order to show you all the improvements made.

We really hope you would visit again our property to demonstrate our care and wish you a more enjoyable stay.
Best Regards,
Andrea Fiorentini
Padua, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

All in all the staff tried really hard to make it okay.
Everything went wrong but I must say they foiled it with a smile.
As a platinum Marriott member I was given a choice of welcome gifts. Bi ordered fruit platter I got cheese.
My only true complaint was breakfast. We were given menus my daughter ordered pancakes and was told they were out. Out of pancakes just seemed odd to me. We had seats facing the kitchen so I knew they were lying. After I questioned it we got our pancakes. After that I saw the chef making them for more guests. My poached eggs were hard and it was supposed to be over vegetables which they clearly took off the buffet. It was unappetizing.
However for all the little mishaps the hotel is nice
I thought the bed was uncomfortable (rock hard and not in a supportive way) I would probable give it another shot.
Nice location. We walked from train.

• Stayed December 2012