Amalfi Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Doria(Rome)
  • Free Internet
1,008 results
All reviewssanta maria maggioretermini stationkettle and cupsbreakfast ladybreakfast roombusy streetcroissantssmall hotelwithin walking distancethe hotel staffcolosseum and forumminute walksalamitrevi fountainwould recommend this hotel to anyonesmall lifthop on hop off bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We just returned from our 6 night trip to Rome - Mom, Dad and teenage daughter.
Summary - I highly recommend this hotel.
*Website was easy to use for our reservation with confirmation email from hotel received quickly. Communication via email prior to arrival were promptly responded to (we were arriving late).
*Front desk staff was professional, pleasant and very responsive to all our needs. Upon our request, they recommended two restaurants nearby and both were excellent.
*Location was excellent - 15 min to Colosseum/forums or 5 min to Termini station. The view of Santa Maria Maggiore piazza from our windows was great. There is an ATM directly across the street from the hotel.
*Room was very comfortable and attractive as well as spotless and maintained throughout our stay. The triple room layout was perfect for us. Beds were very comfortable (note - we like firm beds) with extra pillows in wardrobe. Our room faced the street but the curtains and windows are excellent and street noise was not a problem at all.
*Breakfast included in room cost. The breakfast area was nice and there was a good selection of cereals, a variety of breads/pastries, sausage, hard boiled eggs, fruit cocktail, breakfast bars and yogurt selection along with juices, tea, still and mineral water and excellent coffee. The young lady that serves at breakfast was very, very nice - a great way to start the day.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have a nice view of the Santa Maria Maggiore piazza and basilica. Triple room excellent for folks traveling with 1 child/teenager.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank travelhist
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was at this hotel for 7 nights. Very nice hotel, small and warm, everything was working very good. The breakfast was excellent. It's very well located, very close to every monuments. It has free Wi-Fi. The room was cleaned every day. They have a very nice and warm person that is taking care of the guest at the breakfast. We had the room facing the street, at 4th floor, very nice view and it wasn't very noisy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ioan P
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in the Amalfi hotel whilst visiting Rome for 4 nights in December 2012. It is quite close to the central station, 5 minutes walk at maximum so is ideally located for bus or train travel. It is however not that close to any of the main attractions in Italy which is walkable but more than 20 mins walk and everything is within a bus distance it is just a case of navigating the bus and train which can prove to be a bit difficult but otherwise very usable.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Staff are very friendly and willing to help with directions or point out local attractions. Breakfast is good, some hot and some cold but mainly a continental selection with plenty to keep you going for the entire day. Hotel has wifi throughout which is a plus point and was very useful for us during our stay.

I would definitely recommend it but if returning to Italy would pay a bit more and stay a bit closer to the main attractions. This is great value for money and a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EastMidsTraveller123
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Firstly, I must say how I am extremely picky about cleanliness and I would say that this is my top priority; my standards are very high. The Amalfi did not disappoint me AT ALL- it was SPOTLESS! The service was fantastic, my boyfriend and I tried to use our Italian and the staff were very patient and helped us with the language. We were made to feel very welcome from the start and the room had everything that we needed for a fun visit. There was a selection of foods to choose from at breakfast and again, the breakfast staff were polite and helpful. Lots of beautiful things to see just on your doorstep, for example, theBasilica of Santa Maria Maggiore not to mention within walking distance to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and other fantastic sites and great and cheap transport links to Vatican City.There was a well-stocked mini bar with reasonable prices, we were given great recommendations for local restaurants and the standard of the bathroom was excellent. The shower was powerful, which we didn't expect seeing as we were right in the centre of the city. Furthermore, the bathroom was quite roomy, my boyfriend is 6'6 and he felt comfortable. We were in room 314 19th-21st February. This was actually a special birthday present for my boyfriend and I am thrilled that I chose this hotel as they didn't disappoint and helped to make his birthday extra special. We would love to visit again. Thank you Amalfi!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Actress-On-The-Go
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The 5 nights spent at the hotel in February 2013 are unforgettable: the staff and owners are very nice and helpful, the room and bathroom were very clean, we felt like home.
The breakfast starts at 7:30 and sometimes the area was already full with tourist who head an early flight or excursion. The breakfast is hearty and the lady who served breakfast is the sweetiest person I have ever met (try HER capuccino, it is sooo yummy!), and she always makes you laugh.
The location is fantastic, just about (by foot): 7min from the Termini metro and train stations, 15min from Colosseum (if you don't get lost), 20 min from Trevi fountain and 30min from Borghese gallery.
Don't even hesitate when choosing your hotel in Rome, it is the best quality/price albergo in the city!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family