“A wonderful experience!”

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #56 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I've just stayed at this beautiful hotel for a 3 day conference and had a wonderful time. Admittedly it is expensive and so I was expecting a superior experience, and the hotel lived up to expectations. The building feels grand and the spaciousness of reception and the furniture and flowers add to a feeling of luxury. The welcome on arrival was friendly and very helpful with a full explanation of all the facilities. My room was extremely comfortable with everything I needed and despite overlooking a busy road and the zoo opposite I was not at all bothered by traffic noise.
The breakfast was excellent, and the bar by the pool in the evening a lovely and relaxing place to be. I did not have the chance to try the Michelin starred restaurant but it looked as if it would not disappoint.
Throughout my stay the staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The free shuttle bus into the centre is a bonus but actually a 15 minute walk through the Borghese gardens will also bring you into town.
All in all a very nice experience with good memories.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Darryl R
There are newer reviews for Aldrovandi Villa Borghese

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Perfect location, very close to the center yet just out of the city hassle. Excellent service compliments one of the best examples of Italian cuisine. We had our breakfast in one of the most elegant ballrooms overlooking the greenest hotel garden and best hotel pools. Our stay was a true treat. Next time I'd love to pick one of hotel's bicycles and pedal through Villa Borghese gardens, neighbouring the hotel and the city attractions as well as pay a long visit to national fine art museum which I missed this time due to lack of time.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Fab hotel..with a pool which is heated..pool service excellent ..pool area beautiful trees and plants and very clean..hotel easily deserves 5 starts..service is faultless and everyone extremely kind and helpful. There were bikes for guests and lovely huge Borghese gardens are 5 mins away..also modern art and Etruscan art galleries which are super..hotel has great fitness room and steam and whirlpool ..
Breakfast looking on to trees and gardens was a delight..sad to check out..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter as hotel is on a main road
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolineKemp
Reviewed May 19, 2014

" We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit". This famous quote by Aristotle is the essence of our experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and we can add that there are many things in Life that will catch your eye, bt only a few will catch your heart....Our holiday at the Aldrovandi was great !!! (starting from the warm welcome, wonderful room, good food, and the superlative SPA). The shuttle which connect you to Piazza di Spagna make you feel like the luxury shopping and the fabulous square is just outside the door of you room.
For sure.....We will be back soon !!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L L
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have never written a review before, but am pleased to do so for the first time given our experience at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. Truly, as others report, the hotel is a very beautiful place, filled with flowers, lovely furniture , an attentive staff and is a jewel in busy wonderful Rome. We enjoyed excellent breakfasts each morning, offering a wide variety of foods. Our room was picture perfect postcard lovely overlooking gardens and a pool. It is, however, for more than these features that I am inclined to write a review. Inadvertently, on the Boston to London flight leg, I left my ipad and iphone in the footlocker under my airplane seat. The hotel concierge and front desk staff at the Aldrovandi assisted me right away in trying to locate my devices, contacting Lost Property at Heathrow. They continued to make inquiry after we departed Rome, ultimately getting the lead which led to our being able to recover these devices when we passed back through London on the way home. Notably , my own efforts in dealing directly with Lost Property at Heathrow failed; they told me my property was not there. This hotel has everything a couple could seek and, in particular from my experience, I know it is staffed with an extraordinarily friendly and competent concierge and front desk personnel.

Room Tip: Our room loverlooked the gardens and pool and was excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Potter S
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have been there for Easter. Aldrovandi Villa Borghese is a very beautiful place where you feel cuddled. Very green and flowered, gorgeous interior, perfect food, attentive and helpful staff, nice Easter gift in the room and Italian Easter Specialities
at breakfast… smalls attentions make the difference!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Camille L
Reviewed May 11, 2014

When in Rome, I have always stayed in hotels close to Piazza di Spagna but then, I found out about the Aldrovandi hotel and decided to book there.
It is located near the borghese gardens only about 5 min drive away from the Piazza and the hotel offers a shuttle service all day long + free bicyles! Out of all the hotels I have stayed so far in the city, this has by far the most relaxing atmosphere. Staying by the pool and having drinks in the garden made me reload my energy level!
The hotel was very clean, staff so helpful and polite, breakfast was great. I can’t wait to come again and try the spa (was under construction when I came).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo