“Great for families too!”

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #43 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Bermuda
“Great for families too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Kids LOVE the hotel. The pool area is wonderful and a great place to recharge between "tourismus" and dinner. The shuttle is great and gives a nice separation from the "scene" downtown (which may or may not appeal). Agree with comments re nice rooms and professional staff, as you'd expect at the price point. The "grill room" (the alternative to twostar dining in hotel) is like any dreary breakfast room anywhere but all of Rome's kitchens is 5 mins on the shuttle so no problem.
Note: the pool closes for winter. Without it open, I'd perhaps stay elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mahaguru
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Valued Guest

I am delighted to read your kind words about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and I would like to thank you for taking your time to write about your experience.

As a matter of fact the Aldrovandi Villa borghese is the perfect choice for families looking for a peaceful place to relax with their children after a busy day spent around Rome, I am glad you appreciated this peculiar aspect as well as the convenience of our curtesy car, available every day for our guests, which brings them directly to the Spanish steps. This is definitely the best solution for families too.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future and have the chance to assist you better also in the culinary aspects of your next stay with us, I am sure you will enjoy the improvements we have on schedule about this service.

Please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be delighted to welcoming you and your family again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese soon.

Ugo Ossani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Loved staying at ths hotel. From the moment you walk in you are well looked after. The facilities are great: beautiful garden, good size pool and deck chairs. My husband and I stayed at this hotel while we were visiting Rome while planning our August wedding.
The hotel is located near villa borghese and has a free shuttle service to Spanish steps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese last summer. I am glad you appreciated the time spent with us and the facilities of our hotel.

Again, thank you for your words I look forward to have the pleasure of welcomig you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese very soon. Please consider all of us at your complete disposal for any assistance you may require in order to reserve a room at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future.

Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just returned from a five day trip to Rome staying at the Aldrovandia. The service was great The hotel is fantastic, highly recomend staying here. The breakfast was fantastic. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom very luxurious. Staff very very friendly. Did not see any kids while we were had no problem with noise from other rooms (we were so tired after sightseeing all day). Great service. we did not have dinner in the hotel as we took advantage of the complimentary shuttle serice to the Spanish Steps and ate out in the city.We will certainly be visiting this hotel again. Out in the greenery just a short ride to the attractions of Rome. rome is such a beaytiful city and the hotel added a lot to this feeling

Room Tip: we stayed on third floor facing the swimming pool was great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ilana2207
Valued Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your enthusiastic words about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am delighted to read that everything, from our location to the breakfast served in the morning and the service delivered by our staff met your expectations.

I am also delighted to learn that you wish to visit the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese again in the near future, at this regard please consider myself and all of the Aldrovandi Team at your complete disposal for any kind of assistance you might require.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

A very classy hotel with excellent service and very elegantly appointed. Lovely furniture and rooms, very comfortable, great choices for breakfast with nothing too much trouble. Only criticism would have to the cost of drinks in the bar. 9 euros for a small beer is expensive even with nuts and crisps. I don't mind paying higher than normal prices for such a lovely hotel but I think 9 euros is excessive.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank billobe1
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your kind comment, I am glad to apprehend you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the style and comfort of our rooms.

I would also like to thank you for your comments related to the drink price which we would definitely take into high consideration. I strongly believe that our guests’ concerns are as important as the positive ones – if not even more important for us in order to endlessly improve the level of our service.

I would be delighted to welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me direclty on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be delighted to assist you again.

Kindest Regards,

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We searched for a hotel that will give us the atmosphire of rome. This hotel has a gr8 service, very clean, classic. Very recommended. Located up the villa borgeza prak but the hotel have shuttle service to piazza spagna. Beautifull garden at the hotel and view. Gr8 staff. Perfecto!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for the kind comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

Your enthusiastic words are the greatest reward for all of us daily committed to deliver the best service and attentive cares to our valued guests.

I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please do contact me directly on that occasion I will be glad to assit you with your requests.

Kindest Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the best hotel. Period. My wife and I came for a romantic break and found our piece of Roman paradise here. The location is just perfect: Villa Borghese is a beautiful part of the city; a romantic walk through the park will reward you with a commanding panorama of Rome just above the Spanish steps. The rooms are elegantly decorated, with a lot of attention to detail. Both the comfortable beds and the lack of any noise at night allow for peaceful sleep. Once awake, the best start to the day anyone could wish for awaits you in the elegant surroundings of the "green room". Outside, the pool area is the perfect place to relax. The gardens are beautifully and stylishly maintained, and you could be tempted to spend all day here, lying in the sun, or sitting in the shade. The service is impeccable in all parts of the hotel. Everyone is so friendly, and genuinely can't do enough for you. If you want to find out what true "class" is, then you will find it here. We look forward to our next visit here!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool and garden area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank M D
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for you kind words about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am delighted to read that you appreciated our impeccable level of service delivered by our dedicated staff and I will share your kind words with all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome it will be a pleasure to assist you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent hotel, great garden and pool court yard. Rooms are a good standard, the pool bar is excellent and the food is very good.

Excellent staff, very good service levels and overall a great hotel in a very good location.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

I am glad to apprehend that your expectation were fullfilled by the level of service delivered by our dedicated team and that all the aspects of your stay were well appreciated.

Please feel free to contact us direclty during your next stay in Rome, I will be houred to assist you again as our valuable guest.