Kids LOVE the hotel. The pool area is wonderful and a great place to recharge between "tourismus" and dinner. The shuttle is great and gives a nice separation from the "scene" downtown (which may or may not appeal). Agree with comments re nice rooms and professional staff, as you'd expect at the price point. The "grill room" (the alternative to twostar dining in hotel) is like any dreary breakfast room anywhere but all of Rome's kitchens is 5 mins on the shuttle so no problem.
Note: the pool closes for winter. Without it open, I'd perhaps stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its new SPA by LA MER and state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the two-Michelin-star restaurant Oliver Glowig, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome