“Very classy hotel”

Ranked #54 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Very classy hotel”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

A very classy hotel with excellent service and very elegantly appointed. Lovely furniture and rooms, very comfortable, great choices for breakfast with nothing too much trouble. Only criticism would have to the cost of drinks in the bar. 9 euros for a small beer is expensive even with nuts and crisps. I don't mind paying higher than normal prices for such a lovely hotel but I think 9 euros is excessive.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank billobe1
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your kind comment, I am glad to apprehend you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the style and comfort of our rooms.

I would also like to thank you for your comments related to the drink price which we would definitely take into high consideration. I strongly believe that our guests’ concerns are as important as the positive ones – if not even more important for us in order to endlessly improve the level of our service.

I would be delighted to welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me direclty on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be delighted to assist you again.

Kindest Regards,

Ugo Ossani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We searched for a hotel that will give us the atmosphire of rome. This hotel has a gr8 service, very clean, classic. Very recommended. Located up the villa borgeza prak but the hotel have shuttle service to piazza spagna. Beautifull garden at the hotel and view. Gr8 staff. Perfecto!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for the kind comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

Your enthusiastic words are the greatest reward for all of us daily committed to deliver the best service and attentive cares to our valued guests.

I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please do contact me directly on that occasion I will be glad to assit you with your requests.

Kindest Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the best hotel. Period. My wife and I came for a romantic break and found our piece of Roman paradise here. The location is just perfect: Villa Borghese is a beautiful part of the city; a romantic walk through the park will reward you with a commanding panorama of Rome just above the Spanish steps. The rooms are elegantly decorated, with a lot of attention to detail. Both the comfortable beds and the lack of any noise at night allow for peaceful sleep. Once awake, the best start to the day anyone could wish for awaits you in the elegant surroundings of the "green room". Outside, the pool area is the perfect place to relax. The gardens are beautifully and stylishly maintained, and you could be tempted to spend all day here, lying in the sun, or sitting in the shade. The service is impeccable in all parts of the hotel. Everyone is so friendly, and genuinely can't do enough for you. If you want to find out what true "class" is, then you will find it here. We look forward to our next visit here!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool and garden area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank M D
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for you kind words about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am delighted to read that you appreciated our impeccable level of service delivered by our dedicated staff and I will share your kind words with all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome it will be a pleasure to assist you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent hotel, great garden and pool court yard. Rooms are a good standard, the pool bar is excellent and the food is very good.

Excellent staff, very good service levels and overall a great hotel in a very good location.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

I am glad to apprehend that your expectation were fullfilled by the level of service delivered by our dedicated team and that all the aspects of your stay were well appreciated.

Please feel free to contact us direclty during your next stay in Rome, I will be houred to assist you again as our valuable guest.

Kent
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese was just beautiful and in a lovely area that was quiet but within easy distance of centre of Rome for getting about.
Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make our stay wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool area are the best as being so cl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am delighted to read that you appreciated the impeccable level of service delivered by our dedicated staff, I will share your kind words with all of them as per our custom.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, it will be a pleasure to assist you again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

There is nothing to say... simply great - zero faults.
While reading the reviews giving Aldrovandi a poor note...I wonder if we stayed at the same hotel...
Reception, Restaurants, Rooms, Swimming
Pool...what ever...
If you need any advice or you have question concerning Rome, you can count on Mario...
To sum up,
Book and Enjoy
SC

• Stayed September 2013
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay with us, thank you for your kind words of appreciation which I will share immediately with all the staff involved and with our Concierge Mario who you have kindly named.

It would be a pleasure for me to welcoming you soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly on that occasion, I will be glad to assist you.

Paris, France
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Located next to villa Borghese, in residential area of Rome, Aldrovandi is a 5 star palace at a price of a 3 star hotel elsewhere in Rome (that is if you use some of many promotion available rather than booking on hotel web site) - nice interior garden with pool, a two Michelin star restaurant on premises, very knowledgable concierge, able to secure all bookings and tickets you might need - all perfect. Breakfast is only shortcoming, as in many italian hotels, for whomever is used to American, French or for that matter any other non italian morning meal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. I am delighted to learn you had a pleasant stay with us and that our exceptional level of service definitely met your expectation.

As for our custom your kind words will be definitely shared with the rest of the Aldrovandi team but also your remark about the breakfast has been duly noted in order to improve it where and when possible.

I look forward to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me direclty on that occasion I will be certainly be happy to assist you at best.