“Wonderful Hotel”

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #58 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed for a week with our family of 6 and had a fantastic experience. We were at first worried about being far from the sights, but I think this ended up being a blessing. The concierge was very helpful in arranging private tours, transportation, and various other things. Our youngest was 11, but it was clear the hotel overall was very child friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Valued Guest

I am delighted to read your kind words regarding your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese experience. It is a real pleasure to read that your family enjoyed the week spent with us. The Aldrovandi Villa Borghese is particularly focused in creating the best environment and comforts for families and chindren in particular since we fully understand the value of spending quality time during the family vacations, therefore I am sincerely glad to read that this important expectation has been met.

As for the location of the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese we truly believe this is a plus for families since offers a safe and serene hideaway for adults and children after a busy day spent sightseeing through Rome.

I would be definitely honoured to welcoming you and your family again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and offer the best of assistance and cares we are capable of. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you plan again a trip to Rome, it will be my pleasure to accommodate you and your family.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel. It's a beautiful, comfortable hotel. Our room was adequate -a little small, but nicely done. We overlooked the pool and garden -very nice! The location was a little removed from the center, but the hotel provided a free shuttle to the Spanish steps, and taxis were plentiful. The restaurant was elegant and expensive. The food was very good. The front desk personnel was helpful and attentive. The buffet breakfast was very good -lots of choices and custom made eggs. I only wish they had a more casual dining option. Overall a great experience!

Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for your positive comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated the comfort of our rooms and all the aspects of your stay includng the truly special location of the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese. As for the dining options I am not sure – since it is not mentioned in your comment – if you had the chance to try our Grill restaurant on the lobby area which offers the perfect alternative to our 2 Michelin starred restaurant Oliver Glowig for all of our guests looking for an informal –smart casual dining option.

Furthermore during summer season there is the fantastic option to order your lunch or dinner in our Garden Bar which offers fresh mediterranean dishes to taste at the poolside, not to forget the succesfull Mediterranean buffet lunch on weekends.

I would be glad to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I will be delighted to assist you.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you want a little quite in Rome, after a heavy day of sight seeing or shopping stay at this hotel. One of the rare Leading Hotels of the World in Roma that has a swimming pool. This makes it ideal for a family travelling with smaller children. A beautiful pool and garden setting with a 2 start Michelin restaurant as well. Shuttle to and from via Condotti (Spanish Steps) every half hour until 2300 hours. A beautiful dignified quite hotel. And the service was quite good also.

Room Tip: Normal rooms are a little tight, go the a Junior suite at least.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the kind words expressed in your comment, I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese with your family.

As a matter of fact the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese represents an authentic oasis and particularly during summer season adults and children can fully enjoy their time in our outdoor swimming pool immersed in the private garden, plus the unbeatable position of our hotel creates a rare combination of comforts, privacy and ideal sightseeing moments.

I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family soon again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I would be glad if you could contact me directly in order to possibly assist you with your reservation request.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Usually I don't go to this kind of hotel, I was absolutely not disappointed ! Very Chic!
you find clean bathroom with slipper and bathrobe, swiming pool with waiter and free bath towel, bottle of water...

Room Tip: best view on the swiming pool!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am delighted you appreciated our hotel and its level of service, thank you for sharing your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese as well as the pictures you have taken.

I really look forward to welcoming your again soon to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please feel free to contact me directly should you be travelling to Rome soon, I will be delighted to assist you.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend and it was a great escape at the end of each day. Rome was wonderful and this hotel is well placed to enjoy comfort while experiencing Rome. While its not cheap and the room we had was a little small for the money the Hotel makes up for it. The pool is a magical retreat after each busy day and you can comfortably lounge by the pool till late without being bothered by staff to move on. The grill and restaurant are very nice alternatives for dinner if you are a little tired. The hotel is on the edge of the centre and it is possible to take a nice walk through the park to the centre or take the shuttle service provided by the hotel (just remember to book a slot). The title sums it up as it truly is a great oasis retreat from the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read your positive comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, thank you for sharing your Aldrovandi experience.

I am delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed the spirit of the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, a ‘one of a kind’ retreat in a busy city like Rome and this is exactly what we aim to create: a true oasis to go back to for our guests, after a day spent visiting the eternal city, with the certainty that they will find the privacy and the magic atmosphere of a city resort, just few minutes away from the city center and where all of our team is dedicated to deliver high standard services to render the moments spent with us even more magical.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese very soon, please do not hesitate to contanct me direclty, I would be delighted to assist you again during your next stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is nice as rooms and lobby
The hotel is equipped with the best furniture and fixtures. The rooms are very well furnished. In fact, this hotel lacks only professional management and not a group of amateurs, as is evident. in the reception the staff will tell you that the ONLY WAY for the garden is a high staircase NO ELEVATOR. When you reach the park you discover that there is an elevator through the main restaurant, What call surprising that the restaurant is closed on Sundays, as well as the elevator which gives you a sense of poor management , Also there is another elevator on the opposite side . Hosts in Room Service, for example, Spock poor English. It is hard to communicate with them ,there must be a fault in each order requested , Except slower service and delays , prices are too high . hotel holds title of ( the leading hotels of the world ) in fact the hotel In any sense unrelated to them except for the building and furniture. In the world of the hospitality business the capable management is the foundation to reach targets. the concierge and house keeping were ok.

Room Tip: I am not recommend these hotel but in case Third floor noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for taking your time to express your comments and concerns about your stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese.

Thank you for appreciating the style of our hotel and building as well as our furniture, we love to take care personally of all the details regarding the comfort and style of our hotel.

On the other hand, I would also like to sincerely apologise for the not fully positive experience during your stay. I am always terribly sorry when learning that one of our guest did not enjoy our services, nevertheless I believe this is a unique occasion for us to better focus and spend all of our efforts in order to avoid that such experiences could ever happen in the future.

Specifically regarding the elevator location issue, I can understand from your words that there has been a terrible misunderstanding about the information provided since our hotel has an elevator which takes our guests to the garden and swimming pool which is located on the north side of the lobby. Be assured that we will investigate further the reasons of this and other faults.

Again accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced, I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and to have the chance to better serve you in the future. To that hand, I invite you to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I would be grateful to assist you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights during June 2013. The staff had our room ready for us coming off an early-morning arrival from the US, and were overall excellent. The room was comfortable, and the pool area was beautiful and well-maintained. The neighborhood is also nice, it's just a little removed. The shuttle to the Piazza Spagna helps, but it doesn't run all the time, or that frequently, and if you're heading on towards the Forum or the Vatican, there's still a substantial trip. It's a great place to go if your focus is relaxation or shopping - but if you're planning on doing a lot of sight-seeing, move closer to the center of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comment about your recent stay at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I appreciate your kind yet frank words which always represent the right motivation for us to constantly strive hard for improving the level and the quality of our service to our guests.

I would like to apologize for your not fully positive experience with our Courtesy Car.

We experienced from our guests’ feedbacks that our Courtesy Car – which is available every 30 minutes and goes back and forth from our hotel to Piazza di Spagna until h 10.45 pm - is simply the best way to meet our guests’ requests. In fact our hotel – located in the city center but just steps away from the magnificent Villa Borghese gardens and 15 minutes from Piazza di Spagna – is chosen right for its unique location and the immense convenience of being literally few minutes away from the most important landmarks in Rome and the pleasure to go back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese: a verdant oasis of pure relaxation.

We take into high consideration your comments on this subject and will act effectively in order to guarantee the best provided service to all of our guests.

I would be sincerely glad to have the opportunity to welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on the occasion of your next trip to Rome, I will be delighted to assist you.