“An oasis of calm in the heart of Roma” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aldrovandi Villa Borghese

Aldrovandi Villa Borghese
Ranked #43 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Geneva, Switzerland
“An oasis of calm in the heart of Roma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Aldrovandi - which is a true quiet oasis after a day in hectic Roma. The hotel is a short ride from Plaza di Spagna, and there is a very convenient shuttle to take you back and forth. The drivers are always on time, and some will give you great tips about what to do and to see in Roma. The staff in general, including reception, staff, breakfast are all very helpful and polite, this is a true palace service. The hotel itself is an old-style building, classically decorated and we found it very charming. We would like to return once in spring or summer to enjoy the garden and outside pool, which also looked very appealing. Finally, we found the value for money excellent, especially with the good buffet breakfast included. Aldrovandi is an hotel I will return on my next stay in Roma.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AlexSwissTraveller
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest

It is with great joy that I personally thank you for your kind words below.

I am glad you appreciated what most characterizes the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and makes this property so one of a kind. Our location, so close to the heart of a hectic Rome but also offering the privilege of a quiet retreat after a day full of activities and our style, a true blend of tradition and classic taste so much appreciated by our affectionate guests.

These factors brought the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese to be awarded for three years in a row by the Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Award and be featured in Condé Nast Gold list as one of the world’s best place to stay in Rome.

I am delighted to apprehend you will be staying with us again very soon, as a matter of fact our private garden is a special gem in the spring and summer season, something deserve to be discovered by our guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly as soon as you have fixed the dates, I will be glad to assist you again.

Ugo Ossani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Absolutely fantastic old world charm pamper experience.Service second to none,magnificent food. The breakfast is simply unbelievable.Located a little walk outside Rome and the effort should be made although there is a luxury limo to whisk you to and from the centre whenever you want.Masses of staff in the hotel and nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are better at the rear because of main road and tram at the front.Only complaint was that there was too much starch on the bed linen and a little bit too much enthusiasm from a couple in the next room.

Room Tip: Facing garden.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeremy a
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest

I am glad to personally thank you for your positive comment about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I appreciate your words as the most high reward of our daily passionate work to reach and go beyond our guest’s wishes and desires!

I have ideed taken into high consideration your note regarding the bed linen which is not due to the starch - since many people might be allergic about it - but it is due to a special eco-friendly soap at a very low amount of pollutant
which may make the linen less soft. We will definitely take charge of the matter by adding more fabric softener – also with small quantity of pollutant - in order to improve this aspect.

Unfortunately, there is still not much we can do about the enthusiasm of our guests but we will definitely put all of our efforts in order to improve the soundproofing of our rooms. On the other end it is an absolute joy to apprehend your appreciation of our classic style – which is not to be found by chance but stronlgy wanted as a point of identification of our property.

I wish we could have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I will make sure you will have a quieter accommodation as well.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

An elegant hotel amidst the gardens of Borghese. A lovely place to stay while visiting Rome. They have private service to drive you the short distance to the Spanish Stairs. Once you have had your fill of touring the city and shopping you can return to the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of the gracious villa. The suites are pretty and beds provide a good nights sleep. We took advantage of the heated pool and enjoyed swimming, taking sun and a delicious lunch poolside. The lobby has a handsome bar for cocktails before dinner. The breakfast was incredible. Fabulous buffet selection under a gorgeous chandelier! The servers are most friendly and bring you the best cappuccino ever. We couldn't have been more pleased with the staff and the hotel. Our sincere thanks to all for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank On-our-way149
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review and to post the pictures of your stay since you last stay with us last May, we truly appreciate this.

As you mentioned specifically the aspectts we have been putting hardly our efforts in order to guarantee the best comforts for our guests – the courtesy car to the Spanish Steps and Via Veneto and the selection of our buffet breakfast as well as the enjoyable atmosphere of our outdoor pool in the garden - I feel like we have accomplished our first aim to satisfy our guests’ expectations.

Therefore, please allow me to be the first to ‘Thank you’ for choosing the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, I wish this could be again your first choice on the occasion of your next trip to Rome.

Charente, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here on a travelzoo voucher and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a deluxe garden facing room (221) with a lovely view of the tree canopied garden, terraces and pool. By major city standards this was a very spacious comfortable room with a large marble bathroom and all the services and high standards of housekeeping you would expect of a hotel of this standing. Wifi connection is free with a code given for each day and worked well in all areas of the hotel, including bedroom. Excellent Concierge and friendly efficient restaurant staff in both the Grill Room and Sala Verde, where a sumptuous buffet breakfast is served overlooking the garden. Not cheap at 40 euros pp if you do not have an inclusive deal but cannot fault the extensive selection and quality and it is definitely worth it as there are few nearby options in walking distance of the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Rooms facing garden are quietest and have lovely views of pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elaineb01
Dear Guest

I am delighted to personally thank you for your enthusiastic comment about your recent stay with us. If actually there is one thing that we go proud of – among the other services we are able to offer to our guests – is actually the size of our rooms which can be definitely considered spacious for a city hotel, thanks to the historical origin of our valuable building which allowed us to use at best the consistent space available for our rooms.

Thank you for your appreciation about the level of our service, we may well say that ‘ensuring a high level of personalized service’ is our ‘mantra’ on a daily basis, I will share with pleasure your appreciation with all the staff involved and which you kindly mentioned.

Definitely looking forward to have the great pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, please consider ourselves at your complite disposal on the occasion of your next trip to Rome.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was with my boy friend and it was such a nice place.
Alessandro and Mario were amazing concierges with " clé d'or" and really good advice ! They indicated us good place for diner and museum to see.
The associates were really professional and polite with us and the room was spotless !
We were in room 527 which is a quiet room garden view !
Breakfast is a buffet with a large variety of choices.
When I left the hotel, I forgot my battery of my camera, and they brought it to me in town, which is so nice and professional !
Everything was so perfect ! We will come back for sure, we felt at ease ! In this Hotel, they care about people which is the major thing in Hospitality management.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words about your stay at the Aldrovadi Villa Borghese. I will definitely share your words with our professional Concierges and the rest of the team who will be certainly flattered about them.

I am also delighted to apprehend that you appreciated our personalized service, which is really a carachteristic of our service we aim to offer every day ad averytime to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese in the near future, it will be our pleasure to assist you.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

It's taken me almost a year to do this review but Aldrovandi is a fabulous hotel. We got a great deal on Jetsetter. We arrived early in the morning before check in but they gave us the room and free breakfast anyway! Breakfast buffet is included and really tasty! Enjoy the free breakfast buffet of eggs, bacon, hams, cheeses, croissants and pastries. Caffe very strong and required steamed milk. Champagne provided but we did not partake. Hotel was old but very nice and rooms were clean and fairly spacious.
Onsite parking was very convenient but you could walk to the Fountain and most sightseeing spots. Hotel shuttle also takes you to Spanish Steps. The hotel is away from the buzz of the city but still close enough, which was great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am amazed by your delightful comment for more than one reason. First, because you took the time to write you kind words one year after your stay and this is ‘awesome’ as the title of your comment goes; second because your positive remarks are still very specific and detailed which means that you really enjoyed your experience here at the Aldrovandi. This is impressive and I would like to thank you twice for the reasons above!

‘Welcome’ is not just a standard word for us and we do work with passion to offer our guests that special welcoming atmosphere from the beginning of the stay - as it happened upon your arrival!

I would be delighted to welcoming you again in the near future, feel free to contact me directly on the occasion of your nex trip to Rome.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I travelled to Rome for the first time and, on this experience, will return many more times. The hotel is a diamond. There are many little things that, in isolation, would put you off such as the small rooms, the old fashioned dining rooms, the unheated pool but trust me the staff and the overall ambience of this hotel puts in a very special bracket. I have been in the Hotel business for 35 years and will now count the Aldrovandi as one of my personal favorites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MichaelGorrie
AldrovandiVBorghese, General Manager at Aldrovandi Villa Borghese, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest

I just came across your beautiful comment about your experience at the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese and I would like to thank you for your nice words, especially considering your yearly experience in the hotel business I welcome your thoughts and suggestions with interest.

Furthermore, I am delighted to apprehend that we will be welcoming you again soon, our traditional style won’t miss the chance to offer you the occasion to spend a marvellous time with us yet again in the near future.

Again thank you for visiting us, we look forward to assisting you again in the near future.