In the past I have always stayed near the Spanish steps - this year I wanted a swimming pool. The hotel is generally disapointing but shows glimmers of hope. I booked a suite which they very generously upgraded to a "Royal Suite" which had I been staying with children would have been great because it was very big for Rome standards. However the lovely view of the parking lotand a graffitied building infront of the park really wasn't what I expected.
They do seem to have rooms overlooking the pool which I imagine are much better. The bed was attrocious it would move on its own around the room. The bathroom was ok - but I prefer a stall shower compared to the bath shower combination.
The pool is really nice but if you want sun the morning is better than the afternoon. The drinks service at pool and bar by pool was incredibly slow. For some reason they decided the lobby bar should be closed - since the pool bar is open - its a shame as the lobby bar looked nice.
I ate at the michelin starred restaurant Oliver and it was perfect as far as service and quality of the food. I didn't love the menu though.
The gym was very good - all new machines.
The maid service was excellent.
Walking thru the park was vey nice - but a different experience than staying in the middle of everything.
Overall the hotel is lower priced than its competitors so I guess you should expect less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its MYTHA SPA state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the one -Michelin-star restaurant Assaje, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome