The reason that led me to choose the Aldrovandi Villa Borghese is the unique location.
The hotel is located just in front of Villa Borghese so you don´t have any pollution or noise from the traffic. In order to reach the center you have to option : you can use the shuttle service which is offered complimentary and takes you directely to the Spanish Steps or you can take a 15 minutes walking through Villa Borghese Gardens.
I got a wonderful Deluxe Room with a nice view over the park , the room size was quite huge with a stunning marble bathroom featuring a Mirror TV.
Another plus of the room was the Minibar filled up with the most delicious snacks and beverages. It is very rare to find such an outstanding selection.
I stayed 2 nights and I had enough time to soak up the sun in the beautiful garden with a nice swimming pool.
From the swimming pool I had the chance to see the terrace of the gourmet restaurant Oliver Glowig so I´ve asked to the waiter to give me a menu and I found the menu very tempting with a resonable price. So I have booked a table for my mother and I for the same night and we got a real unique gourmet experience. The food was delicious, the atmosphere amazing and also the courtesy of the staff was a plus.
I had the chance to meet the chef Oliver Glowig because apparently he greeds personally each guest that come to his restaurant. Very kind!!
We had the chance to experience also the lavish buffet breakfast which has been served served in a very bright veranda overlooking the swimming pool.
I have also to mention the courtesy of the Concierge that took great care of us recommending the best places to go in town.
It was a real unique experience and I am looking forward to go back very soon next Spring!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched above the Eternal City in Rome's exclusive, residential Pinciano neighborhood, Aldrovandi Villa Borgheseis a palatial retreat that feels a world apart from the crowded piazzas of the Italian capital, although within walking distance of many highlights of the Eternal City. Overlooking the gorgeous greenery of Rome's Borghese Gardens, Aldrovandi Villa Borghese takes center stage in the Eternal City's poshest neighborhood. A former convent, this grand 19th-century ivory villa is dressed in marble and dripping in chandeliers. With its new SPA by LA MER and state-of-the-art fitness suite featuring the latest equipment, the two-Michelin-star restaurant Oliver Glowig, secluded garden with outdoor pool and palm tree-lined terrace, and a private shuttle to whisk guests straight to the Spanish Steps, this urban retreat offers all the perfect luxurious amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Aldrovandi Villa Borghese reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldrovandi Villa Borghese Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Hotel Rome
- Aldrovandi Palace Rome