“Good for a tour group hotel”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #230 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in room 410 for one night as part of a tour group. Having stayed elsewhere in Rome, I don’t think I’d pay the Victoria’s prices on my own. There are really nice 3-star hotels for about half the price in the area.

Nonetheless, here are my comments:

Big room and large modern bath.

Very typical Euro-International breakfast buffet (which means runny scrambled eggs).

I used a cable to connect to the net so I don't know about wifi; some others in hotel said the wifi strength was weak outside the lobby.

Poor lighting in room. It was at least 10 ft between the luggage rack and the nearest light. In fact, standing in front of your bag on the rack virtually blocked all light.

I asked the hotel desk person to crack a 10 Euro note and I thought he was going to spit at me. He literally threw the coins at me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Hotel Victoria is the perfect place stay in the beautiful city of Rome. Situated in a quiet side street, just off the Villa Borghese and a stone's throw from the north end of the Via Veneto, one of Rome's grand boulevards, you get to see the real city. The hotel is grand, yet the staff are very friendly and helpful, displaying a lovely personal touch, not so common in the larger and chain-hotels. Would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel was claen and comfortable with a friendly and helpfull staff. The hotel served great included breakfasts. You can walk to the Spanish steps in 15 minutes and the Pantheon or Trivi Fountain in another 10 minutes. The old Roman wall is accross the street and the Villa Borghese park is one more block away. Two blocks away is great shopping and the US Embassy. We would stay here again when we return to Rome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Is nice, clean, friendly to American/English people.. I would stay there again.. The employees are local people who can point you in the right direction or set up a city tour with qualified companies right at the front door.. There is also an american style breakfast buffet in the lobby of the building for an extra charge... It was included with our package so I'm not sure what the actual price was..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A colleague and I stayed for 3 nights in this delightful hotel. The staff were outstandingly helpful, professional, and friendly. For one who has stayed in many hotels around the world I would rate this one very high. If you want oppulant luxury you might not like it, but for a reasonably priced hotel it met all of my expectations. It was also in a lovely area across from a park with part of an ancient wall adjacent. We were able to walk to most of the places we wanted.

Room Tip: I was happy with the room assigned so have no advice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed in the hotel for 3 nights while doing sightseeing in Rome. Hotel is quite well located, about 10mins on foot from underground, but if you like exploring towns on foot you will not need it - downtown is about 15mins, farest monument is Coloseum but you can still walk there in about 45 mins. To Vatikan it is worth taking underground, it is 3 or 4 stops.
Hotel is 3-4 stars in my opinion - it is medium size, still not huge, nice approach from front desk.
Restaurant very nice, good breakfast. So I was happy there. However we were a bit disapointed with our room - while it was really large (we got family room), it was dark and the equipment was not exactly nice and our style. But main problem was really the darkness, we had to have lights on during the day. We asked to change it after one day but it was not easy to arrange so we gave up.
Overal hotel was good, but I am sure there are some nicer ones as well and we saw number of them during our walks through Rome.

Room Tip: Family room was dark :-(
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pavel S
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My family and I stayed at the hotel for three nights. Positive things: clean, decent breakfast. The negatives and be aware: far from the Metro, in the rooms do not get Wi-Fi, did not provide additionally means such as showers caps and shoeshine sponges after the usage, especially to business personnel – they didn't provide iron. Hereunder catastrophic story that happened to us that will give you something to think about before booking this hotel: we checked out in the morning because the flight was in the evening and we left the luggages in hotel stored room while each one marked with sticker with the room number. We returned to the hotel about half an hour before the taxi booked to take us to the airport. We were surprised that our luggages had disappeared. I told the reception and they did faces prison understand. After some discussion, I asked them to check if they returned the luggages to the room where we were but they were not there. Concern our luggages got on any tourist bus tour, the guy in the hotel reception started to call travel agents to find the drivers and check whether they carry our luggages. Needless to say, the pressure we were in for fear of loss and the possibility that we would lost the flight. After 40 minutes were able to locate the driver with our luggages and were lucky that the bus traveled only around Rome and not to another city that would otherwise be more catastrophic. We were told at the reception that the bus will return for another 10 minutes but it came after 40 minutes and immediately upon arrival we take the taxi to the airport. Needless to say, the injustice done to us and the pressure we were under this situation, mentioning the disaster service - Not offered us even a glass of water to drink, and even though any compensation so as even Sorry we did not hear. When I asked the hotel at least to take on their responsibility and pay the taxi they told me to go out. It was shameful! We arrived at the last moment to the airport, when we exhausted with the clothes from the morning. This is not an expected service and attitude. Just a shame! So take this experience into consideration when you booking this hotel. Beware!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family